R-Truth or Kofi Kingston

Options
the1nonlyruru
the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
-- Kofi Kingston won the WWE Intercontinental Title on Sunday and R-Truth won the WWE United States Title last night largely because of the company directive to find a new African American star.

saw this on e-wrestlingnews.com and it made me wonder: who do you want as your next black wrestling superstar? I'm picking kofi

Comments

• TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i would say kofi, he aint as annoying truth
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i would say kofi, he aint as annoying truth

Yep...... But I would like to MVP return to form.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Truth is the more interesting ? . I ? with both, But seriously Truth is the more entertaining dude in the ring. That spinning scissors kick ? is dope ? what a ? talkinbout.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    R-Truth over kofi....R-Truth is more entertaining kofi is not even jamacian smh
  • TWezzy13
    TWezzy13 Members Posts: 35
    edited May 2010
    Options
    my vote goes to kofi.. Truth annoys me and Kofi's matches are more entertaining if u ask me. They gotta change up kofi's gimmick though for real. Shoulda BEEN dropped the whole jamaican thing
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    R-Trurh entrance annoys me. Kofi matches annoy me.

Ima throw y'all a curve. JTG
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    kofi, truth was much better in tna..
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    TWezzy13 wrote: »
    my vote goes to kofi.. Truth annoys me and Kofi's matches are more entertaining if u ask me. They gotta change up kofi's gimmick though for real. Shoulda BEEN dropped the whole jamaican thing

Only a ? would like that that Jive turkey ? that r-truth is on

GTFOH
  • eljay7i
    eljay7i Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    kofi dropped the Jamaican accent thing he had going on because he's from Ghana, but kept the theme song cuz dancehall/reggae is widely popular there.. Between him and Truth it's a toss up, cuz I like them both and hope both win a couple of World titles..
  • vageneral08
    edited May 2010
    Options
    eljay7i wrote: »
    kofi dropped the Jamaican accent thing he had going on because he's from Ghana, but kept the theme song cuz dancehall/reggae is widely popular there.. Between him and Truth it's a toss up, cuz I like them both and hope both win a couple of World titles..

kofi sound white as hell when he talk
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I want them to turn MVP back heel.... He was world champion material with that Drive by finisher that he had
  • jean-paul batiste
    jean-paul batiste Members Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Options
    r truth all day ...but knowin wwe they'll push kofi harder because he's younger .
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Kofi Kingston alll the way. He has the talent, he has the look, he has the mic skills, he has the image that can appeal to young kids across the world, his inring prowesses are new & extremely entertaining, he takes risks, and can work well with just about any wrestler. If u ask me Kofi Kingston is reminiscent of a young Shawn Michaels in the late 80s early 90s - I see the same tenacity & passion. From the day i first seen kofi kingston i knew he was gonna be star. So im picking Kofi Kingston as our new WWE Champion.

R-Truth is also really good too, theres no question about it. I like R-Truth, he has the audience, good inring performer, talented on the mic in more ways than one and has shown that he can work well with most wrestlers. My only qualm with him is that hes not as fresh as Kofi Kingston (in terms of wrestling style & moves) & doesnt take as much risks. For SUUURE R-Truth looks like a World Champion but I think he needs to let loose & spaz out a bit more on the mic, if he did this i think he could replace the Rock lol. I think that R-Truth is a bit higher up than Kofi in terms of who would be more likely to compete for the world title.

In short Kofi needs to work on his mic skills - once he gets that down he'll be in the World Champions circle and more viable with the audience. R-Truth just needs to be elaborate more on the mic (ya dont want "Whats up" to get old) & be able to adapt against other performers with diff't styles.

That ? is already old...he was doin' that ? in TNA. Truth is a good wrestler, but his "gimmick" is stale. He could be as good as Booker T was if they just turn him loose
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Kofi.

R-Truth/Ron Killings/K-Qwik was just plain annoying plus everytime I see him (no ? ) I think of the rapper Mystical in the sense of looks and his ring entrance.
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I do not even wanna see Truth get a title shot....Dude has the same gimmick he had when he was teaming with Road Dogg. He wasn't interesting then and he isn't now....Kofi is S.Dot with charisma on the mic....He would make a better champion
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    RTruth. Neither one of them will ever be world champ though...
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I do not even wanna see Truth get a title shot....Dude has the same gimmick he had when he was teaming with Road Dogg. He wasn't interesting then and he isn't now....Kofi is S.Dot with charisma on the mic....He would make a better champion

When was this?
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options