Did And 1 mixtapes destroy fundamentals ???

Options
freshb651
freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in From the Cheap Seats

Comments

• Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes it did, all these ? trying to be like Hot Sauce traveling ass!

Look at Skip to my Lou, that ? don't work and can't be done in the NBA!
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Honestly i cant blame it all on them, but yea in some way, i remember when those videos came out i swear to ? i would go to the gym and ? would be working on nothing but ? Moves, ? Tuckin the ball under there shirt, rolling around on the floor ......... that ? ruined it some, thats ? lasted forever i swear, everytime there was a run in the gym each team had at least 2 ? you could tell owned all the tapes, they would just dribble and dribble and dribble....like my goodness ? the goal is to make the basket

Alot of other stuff ruined Fundamentals....Every ? wanted a Pointless Fade away like Jordan and would be wide the ? open and fade away for no damn reason, folks dont realize jordan perfected that fade away and used it only when he needed to..........

alot of young players take something out of someones game and ruin it..........Like the Crossover, half the ? i seen do crossovers dont even use it to lose their defender for a shot they just want to do it just to say they "Crossed someone" they dont even give a ? if they made the basket....

But when that And 1 ? hit i ended up stop going to the Gym for a little while , because it wasnt even a good Run at the gym anymore , it was like a contest to see who could do the most moves , there would be so many turnovers because ? didnt even perfect that ? yet ..... so i stop going, i just wanted to ball and play some quality games...? became a sideshow.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the NBA's bad scouting...drafting HS players that were no more than good athletes that could run fast and jump high...led younger kids to think that all u have to do was be a good athlete to play ball...I play ball against some younger d-1 guys and these cats stay not boxing out and not moving without the ball...also u got guys that cant make simple bounce passes...? trying to chest pass thru the middle of the D and ? ...I dont think it has as much to do with And1 as it does just a simple lack of Bball IQ and application of it...theres so much emphasis on ? that can just jump,dunk and ? like that in the actual League that And1's influence i think is minimal compared to that...
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Honestly i cant blame it all on them, but yea in some way, i remember when those videos came out i swear to ? i would go to the gym and ? would be working on nothing but ? Moves, ? Tuckin the ball under there shirt, rolling around on the floor ......... that ? ruined it some, thats ? lasted forever i swear, everytime there was a run in the gym each team had at least 2 ? you could tell owned all the tapes, they would just dribble and dribble and dribble....like my goodness ? the goal is to make the basket

Alot of other stuff ruined Fundamentals....Every ? wanted a Pointless Fade away like Jordan and would be wide the ? open and fade away for no damn reason, folks dont realize jordan perfected that fade away and used it only when he needed to..........

alot of young players take something out of someones game and ruin it..........Like the Crossover, half the ? i seen do crossovers dont even use it to lose their defender for a shot they just want to do it just to say they "Crossed someone" they dont even give a ? if they made the basket....

But when that And 1 ? hit i ended up stop going to the Gym for a little while , because it wasnt even a good Run at the gym anymore , it was like a contest to see who could do the most moves , there would be so many turnovers because ? didnt even perfect that ? yet ..... so i stop going, i just wanted to ball and play some quality games...? became a sideshow.

This ? ain't lying right here, good ? ! I saw the excat same ? at my gym.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SMH at ? showing up to the gym with xxxxxxxxxl t shirts tryna do tricks. Good fundamentals will make anyone look bad anyday, crossover and good footwork >all that nonsense
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options

? son...half the ? that crossover someone dont even lose the dude they were crossing to begin with let alone get to the basket to make it...lol...? dont know how to dribble drive and kick out...dont know how to do simple ? ...I remember a couple yrs ago I was in Seattle and there was the young cat there prolly about 15/16 he had handles and was pretty quick with the ball but ? didnt kno what to do with em...I used to pick him up on my team to try to mentor him and ? (i played D-1) I finally gave up on the lil ? all he wanted to do was cross ? up...and throw behind the back passes how the ? u gone cross a ? up and he playing 3 feet off u cuz he know u cant shoot and how are u a set shooting PG with a release slow as molasses in the winter time...that ? stayed throwing behind the back passes out of bounds on the fast break 3 on 0 he trying to pistol pete the damn ball...
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Man, I haven't seen one of those video in a minute
    Just got done watching one of youtube and I agree with the t/s
    I can't lie, they were mad entertaining tho
    Here's one
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    SMH at ? showing up to the gym with xxxxxxxxxl t shirts tryna do tricks. Good fundamentals will make anyone look bad anyday, crossover and good footwork >all that nonsense

man i stay lighting teams up...with the mid range game...moving without the ball and ? ...simple ? ...aint nothin better than boxing out a ? thats 6'8'' and me being 6' snagging the rebound and him looking at u like "? WTF" or actually using a crossover correctly like driving to the basket 2 times and then quick stepback crossover jumpshot...smh...? watch too many highlight reels to understand the real game...
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Here's one

smh after watchinga minute of this i'm thinking what the hell was i on thinking that ? was cool?
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Here's one

lol..how lame was that...and im thinking why is everyone getting so hype about it...half the time the ? guarding him is still right there....and its pretty much impossible to guard someone that doesnt have to play within the rules of the game...smh @ this ? ever being "hot" at least Skip to my Lou did ? u could actully use at times...Sauce just completely throws the rulebook out and still doesnt lose his man...lol
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    the NBA's bad scouting...drafting HS players that were no more than good athletes that could run fast and jump high...led younger kids to think that all u have to do was be a good athlete to play ball...I play ball against some younger d-1 guys and these cats stay not boxing out and not moving without the ball...also u got guys that cant make simple bounce passes...? trying to chest pass thru the middle of the D and ? ...I dont think it has as much to do with And1 as it does just a simple lack of Bball IQ and application of it...theres so much emphasis on ? that can just jump,dunk and ? like that in the actual League that And1's influence i think is minimal compared to that...

thats and the over emphasis on athleticism......its says alot when someone like eric bledsoe from kentucky not once proved he play PG this past season yet he's considered a high 1st round draft pick...and na i aint hatin im just using him as an example.....now a days the teams rather draft potential than actual skill
  • the1nonlyruru
    edited May 2010
    Options
    guarantee you at least half of these And 1 guys are either sitting on a bench for a d league team and/or selling weed
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That And 1 ? reminds me of mixtape rappers for some reason, they just aren't complete artists/players. It's all about the punchline/move
  • the1nonlyruru
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That And 1 ? reminds me of mixtape rappers for some reason, they just aren't complete artists/players. It's all about the punchline/move

nail is hit on head
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options

damn.....c/s
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SMH @ ? doin' every move under the sun and then missing a layup
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hot Sauce = Papoose of the streetball game!

lol at the loud ass play by play man = Kay Slay.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? dont know that these And1 players are ass. Hotsauce used to come to Hampton all the time my freshman year gettin on ? and hoopin with us and ? mah age used to fry him
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Skip To the 1:00 Min Mark and Please Watch this Rest of the Video, You will see some of the Dumbest ? possible, this ? makes a great laugh ,

the 2:50 min. Mark Killed Me

1:20 Mark is a Must Watch ..........................

This ? here Is just, i dont know what to say Lol..
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    To answer the T/S question, in a nutshell, YES, it did HELP destroy fundamentals, but it wasn't the end all.

Speakin' of And 1, the only dude who I thought who really could have legitimately played in the League was Alimoe (aka Black Widow). Dude is 6'8 with good handles, a real jumper and could play D. I know REAL talent when I see it. He was supposed to be @ Fresno St. wit Skip, but was caught up wit being a N.Y.C. hoop star/legend. He even said himself he took a major L for cashin' out his plane ticket to Cali and disrespecting Tarkanian, but thats karma kickin' him in his ass.

He said the reason he left And 1 @ the height of it's popularity is b/c it started to get corny as far as picking up people in a contest that have no real basketball fundamentals or skill tryna do what he's been doing his whole life. There's a video of him on YouTube saying u have to be able to do the basics before u can even think of doin' some And1/streetball ? and he actually has steps to teach youngin's how to do those fundamental things, which are mostly dribbling exercises.
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    To answer the T/S question, in a nutshell, YES, it did HELP destroy fundamentals, but it wasn't the end all.

Speakin' of And 1, the only dude who I thought who really could have legitimately played in the League was Alimoe (aka Black Widow). Dude is 6'8 with good handles, a real jumper and could play D. I know REAL talent when I see it. He was supposed to be @ Fresno St. wit Skip, but was caught up wit being a N.Y.C. hoop star/legend. He even said himself he took a major L for cashin' out his plane ticket to Cali and disrespecting Tarkanian, but thats karma kickin' him in his ass.

He said the reason he left And 1 @ the height of it's popularity is b/c it started to get corny as far as picking up people in a contest that have no real basketball fundamentals or skill tryna do what he's been doing his whole life. There's a video of him on YouTube saying u have to be able to do the basics before u can even think of doin' some And1/streetball ? and he actually has steps to teach youngin's how to do those fundamental things, which are mostly dribbling exercises.

word to that...he didnt really have any weight to him though...I played with him and A.O. in philly before...A.O. had a decent game too...the rest of them ? ...smh trash...when i was in HS...i was embrassing them ? with fundamentals...A.O. was quick as ? and had a true pg mentality...Ali could just ball all around just no weight...but i c/s homie
  • MallyG
    edited May 2010
    Options

Skip To the 1:00 Min Mark and Please Watch this Rest of the Video, You will see some of the Dumbest ? possible, this ? makes a great laugh ,

Did this nikka jus pass the ball and roll on the ground like he was on fire?! LoL

These young nikka's need 2 learn that the name of the game is BUCKETS. I wonder if he made a shooting instructional video? And yes that was a rhetorical question.
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options

DA ? did i just see...not only were the moves wack and lamtastic but they were slow as ? and sloppy...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Lol @ walking into the gym seeing ? doing that. You would have to pull a Tracey Morgan on that

2vtz6df.gif
  • MallyG
    edited May 2010
    Options
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    word to that...he didnt really have any weight to him though...I played with him and A.O. in philly before...A.O. had a decent game too...the rest of them ? ...smh trash...when i was in HS...i was embrassing them ? with fundamentals...A.O. was quick as ? and had a true pg mentality...Ali could just ball all around just no weight...but i c/s homie

Yeah I know he was/is a little on the frail side, but u hit the nail on the head tho, he had a real all around game! I met Night Train (Tavorris Bell, he played @ Rhode Island wit Lamar Odom) from And1 (was only on the show for a year) @ da airport and was talkin' about dudes who could be in NBA from AND1 and he said hands down it was Alimoe and dat dudes really couldn't ? wit him in a game or one on one. I also remember him telling me how much of a ? Main Event was sayin he really thought he was better than everbody and how he always tried to style on nikka's in da club, flexin' for ? 's (in the figurative sense). LoL

A.O. was nice to! I remember seeing him tryout for a couple of NBA teams on the AND1 series. He had his flashy moments, but u could tell he was serious PG by the way he handled the ball and could slash to the cup wit ease. He had a nice lil' jumper too. I could see him being overseas or in a semi pro team in the states (which he prolly is). I also thought Silk had a good game.