How many Mainstream Rappers have dressed in Drag??

Options
hrap-120
hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Reason
First off (pause) for the tittle.

Im writing an article on the double-standards that exist within the hiphop community and I need some help.

Could you please make a list of all the mainstream rappers that have worn womens clothes in their movie, videos, magazines or commercials.

I know its gonna be a long list but ten will be cool.

We can also discuss how their decision to compromise their masculinity affected their career.

Comments

• nynicca
    nynicca Banned Users Posts: 877
    edited May 2010
    Options
    double standards like you shouldnt hit a woman if they smack you but a man its ok right..........but anyway tupac wore a tutu does that count as drag??????
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Eminem

...damn, anyone else?

I'm sure you knew this already...
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nynicca wrote: »
    double standards like you shouldnt hit a woman if they smack you but a man its ok right..........but anyway tupac wore a tutu does that count as drag??????

What is a TuTu? Enlighten us...or just post the pic. I mean "drag" as in womens clothing...industry wise not what you did in high-school classes or your grandmothers dance academy.

Eminem

...damn, anyone else?

I'm sure you knew this already...

Why is he the only one........if he truly is the only one??
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LMAO we are at it again

The only one i can't think of is Eminem.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    ........We can also discuss how their decision to compromise their masculinity affected their career.
    Not only that, but It goes to show that as much misogonynistic they are, they still desire to dress up as a woman. I don't know any either. But if Eminem or anyone else did, they'd never get my respect.
  • FrozenMind
    FrozenMind Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How about all these new age ? in the closet dressing in skinny jeans along with super bright super tight V-necks, and wearing all that other ? that 5 years ago was for strictly ? only. I consider that drag too.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Eminem
    The Game
    Omarion
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the_r_ wrote: »
    Eminem
    The Game
    Omarion
    Worst avatar i have ever seen....why man why.........

The Game aint wore no dress
    Omarion aint no rapper
    Not only that, but It goes to show that as much misogonynistic they are, they still desire to dress up as a woman. I don't know any either. But if Eminem or anyone else did, they'd never get my respect.
    They would lose my respect too

FrozenMind wrote: »
    How about all these new age ? in the closet dressing in skinny jeans along with super bright super tight V-necks, and wearing all that other ? that 5 years ago was for strictly ? only. I consider that drag too.
    O.K. but you failed to answer the question. Why is that?

Let me be specific so you wont be confused about definitions of words like drag.

What rapper has worn dresses and high-heels, and wigs......
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nynicca wrote: »

eminem tupac, use google search :\

btw i dont think any of them need to worry about your respect lol
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Worst avatar i have ever seen....why man why.........

hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    edited May 2010
    Options
    One of the bullets had penetrated his ? .
    The night of the shooting, Tupac looked at his boxers, “saw a hole and went, ‘Oh, ? . Roll me some weed.’ ” But he swore he didn’t lose a ? , despite rumors (and jokes that he was now only 1Pac). “My doctors are like, ‘You can have babies,’ ” he said. “It went through the skin and out the skin.”
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Andre 3000
    Oh ? , 3 stacks was rockin the ol' skool George Clinton wig....forgot that
    One of the bullets had penetrated his ? .
    The night of the shooting, Tupac looked at his boxers, “saw a hole and went, ‘Oh, ? . Roll me some weed.’ ” But he swore he didn’t lose a ? , despite rumors (and jokes that he was now only 1Pac). “My doctors are like, ‘You can have babies,’ ” he said. “It went through the skin and out the skin.”

What does this have to do with the topic...people keep bringing up Tupac.....thats strange.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh ? , 3 stacks was rockin the ol' skool George Clinton wig....forgot that

What does this have to do with the topic...people keep bringing up Tupac.....thats strange.

It is generally those people whose favorite or one of their favorites actually did do ? fruity ? and they are projecting it onto Pac because he did not do it, reverse Pysch on those who were not alive during his Life...
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It is generally those people whose favorite or one of their favorites actually did do ? fruity ? and they are projecting it onto Pac because he did not do it, reverse Pysch on those who were not alive during his Life...

stay on topic, and tupac defiantly was lol.

why dont you go troll a jay z thread or eminem thread on how there not greats because you a none emcce think they are lol
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    stay on topic, and tupac defiantly was lol.

why dont you go troll a jay z thread or eminem thread on how there not greats because you a none emcce think they are lol
    WTF you just say? Listen Mister gaylias Cyberstalker of Gee757 learn to speak and cut the ? out your diet then maybe your fruity ? swag will start to go away...
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    edited May 2010
    Options
    WTF you just say? Listen Mister gaylias Cyberstalker of Gee757 learn to speak and cut the ? out your diet then maybe your fruity ? swag will start to go away...

do you often post on Saturday nights?

go post a eminem shock thread with a poll then have it back fire on you lol.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I havent found enough evidence to add Tupac to the list...

I believe in psychology circles they call this phenomena "projection"...you are on point comrade..let me add-on.

I often hear disparaging remarks about Tupac being a "ballerina" or that he wore a "tutu"...mostly from people who lack the understand that the required curriculum of a performing arts school includes drama and dance....

Maybe there is something about Black masculinity that threatens some people and by Tupac being the last superstar sex symbol in hiphop they feel they have to attack his manhood when one of their favorites has his manhood questioned.

What do you think SOLO'?
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I believe in psychology circles they call this phenomena "projection"...you are on point comrade..let me add-on.

I often hear disparaging remarks about Tupac being a "ballerina" or that he wore a "tutu"...mostly from people who lack the understand that the required curriculum of a performing arts school includes drama and dance....

Maybe there is something about Black masculinity that threatens some people and by Tupac being the last superstar sex symbol in hiphop they feel they have to attack his manhood when one of their favorites has his manhood questioned.

What do you think SOLO'?

i like tupac, im just saying he a cross dresser.

also why are you de-railing your thread, just cause your a tupac stan my ? lol.

stay on topic, and you wanna be a admin on this site.

mariah carey also a cross-dresser! (but shes not a rapper, we know)
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I havent found enough evidence to add Tupac to the list...

What do you think SOLO'?

I wholeheartedly agree brother I often wonder why so many of us hate ourselves and hate those amongst us who have not fallen to the melting pots debase Greco Roman nature...
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i like tupac, im just saying he a cross dresser.

also why are you de-railing your thread, just cause your a tupac stan my ? lol.

stay on topic, and you wanna be a admin on this site.

mariah carey also a cross-dresser! (but shes not a rapper, we know)

No derailing.. we have managed to stay on topic, the topic in a broad sense is about masculinity in HipHop...Tupac has been mentioned twice so its only fair we explore the reaasoning behind his name being mentioned.
    Lets deal with facts...no mystery, no myth, no mumbo-jumbo....

Lets use photographic and video evidence to substantiate our claims in the same fashion a prosecutor would in a criminal case.
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    DJ Pauls Arm Members Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cee lo
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    175059__busta_l.jpg

^^ Does this count?...
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jay Z has admitted to wearing make up in his raps

Andre 3000 turned alot of his male fans off however I don't think it effected his career because women are more accepting of the cross dressing phenomenon..Look at prince..He cross dresses and pulls the baddest women

? refuse to acknowledge the factology of genetics and chromosomes..Men have XY chromosomes..X being the feminine chromosome and Y being the masculine chromosome..If you notice

the Y isn't nothing but a broken X chromosome..So Men are nothing but maimed stronger women..

thats why even in the most masculine men you see glimpses of female traits(2pac)..

Some men lean more towards their X chromosome behavior and start cross dressing..

It seems strange to those who don't overstand science..Thats why you see a female hanging with ? male friends..to women these ? muthafuckas ain't nuthin but women trapped in hard bodies..

And for the record, the white race is feminine by nature..M&M is a closet ? ..Exhibit A-C proves that fact..truth hurts
  • StreetDreamMayo
    StreetDreamMayo Members Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    Options
    50 wore a wig in the Pimpin Curly vids