"I do not want to go back to Toronto"- Hedo Turkoglu

Options
Dick Shitman
Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
"When the circumstances turned against me, I lost my enthusiasm for this city," Turkoglu said in the interview. "My lawyers have talked to the front office recently. Honestly, I do not want to go back to Toronto. My lawyers talked to Mr. [Bryan] Colangelo and I hope that they will come up with a solution soon."

During this process I talked to [Raptors coach] Jay Triano several times," Turkoglu said in the interview. "I promised him that whether he starts me or not, I will do my best on the court. However, if I had a more temperamental personality, I would have left the team. Yet, I did exactly the opposite. I did my best. I told him that I have no problems with him. I am not a young player, so it's not a big deal for me to come off the bench."

lmao, grass aint always greener in canada ? . its ok raptors, only 4 years 43.8 million left on the contract of a 31 year old on the decline who doesnt want to be there

Comments

• stevieb
    stevieb Members Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that's what he gets for following the money and not trying to get a ring
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *in before the "trade him back to orlando" talks begin"
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SMH at giving Hedo 43.8 Mil.............With his Basic ass Game.... he was a key part of Orlando and it showed but damn Raptors and Hedo lost.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hedo for Gil book it!
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hedo is a fool for signin.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SMH at giving Hedo 43.8 Mil.............With his Basic ass Game.... he was a key part of Orlando and it showed but damn Raptors and Hedo lost.

they gave him more than that ?
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thats what you get for goin 2 canada
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    they gave him more than that ?

yea they gave him 5 years, 50 mil. he just got 43.8 left
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    yea they gave him 5 years, 50 mil. he just got 43.8 left

yep...............
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't want too stay either they bout to lose they best player and who do they have afterwards ain't nobody signing with them.
  • northside7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hedo isnt very smart. Why leave a team that just went to the Finals for a team thats not near that level? For the money? Idiot! Hopefully him and colangelo are gone before, during or after next season.
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Hedo isnt very smart. Why leave a team that just went to the Finals for a team thats not near that level? For the money? Idiot! Hopefully him and colangelo are gone before, during or after next season.

his wife signed the contract for him doggy.........
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    I wouldn't want too stay either they bout to lose they best player and who do they have afterwards ain't nobody signing with them.

thats on him. he shoulda found out if bosh was coming back before he let his wife punk him into signing that contract
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited May 2010
    Options
    why cant that fool just shut up and play ball for 10 mi a year
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yo shitman what do you think about Rashard for Hedo? If it was offered would you be with it?
  • Reelishym
    Reelishym Members Posts: 26
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Being from toronto, ill pack his bags for him and ship his ass out
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yo shitman what do you think about Rashard for Hedo? If it was offered would you be with it?

id have to think about that one. shards deal is shorter, but only by a year and turk is making much less money. i'd have to say no though. i dont think there's enough shots to go around for a jameer-vc-turk trio, not even mentioning dwight

u?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    id have to think about that one. shards deal is shorter, but only by a year and turk is making much less money. i'd have to say no though. i dont think there's enough shots to go around for a jameer-vc-turk trio, not even mentioning dwight

u?

I really consider it and if we accepted it i wouldnt be mad. Hedo already has great chemistry with Dwight and knows how to get him "ball". I think he can limit his shooting and be more of a distributor if told to and we can go to a more conventional line up with bass at the 4. His contract is only a year more like you said and its less. The cons tho is that hes getting older and is on the decline so it could get ugly at least rashard has a game where he doesnt need to be on the move a lot so we know what we'll get from him the next few years
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Money>>>>championship

If you feel that way take the money and shut up, sleep in the bed you make.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I really consider it and if we accepted it i wouldnt be mad. Hedo already has great chemistry with Dwight and knows how to get him "ball". I think he can limit his shooting and be more of a distributor if told to and we can go to a more conventional line up with bass at the 4. His contract is only a year more like you said and its less. The cons tho is that hes getting older and is on the decline so it could get ugly at least rashard has a game where he doesnt need to be on the move a lot so we know what we'll get from him the next few years

yea i agree with the bolded. it'd def give us some options bc we could keep the 1 in-4 out and put ryan in shards spot and get similar results, or go with bass for rebounding.

i really think hedo is on the decline. i caught a couple toronto games and he just didnt have it. maybe its because he was that unhappy, but he didnt look sharp
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    my bad i forgot to post this hahaha ball

lmao @ the awkward pause
  • northside7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lookin at.......Orlando and Hedo both ? ' up. Hedo leaves a championship contending team for the Money, now he wants out of Toronto. Orlando didnt want to give hedo the money, so they let him walk. They lose Rafer, who was playing good on the team and could have been a backup for jameer. Traded Courtney Lee and some picks for VC. All these players fitted in good with the Magic, which made them a better team last year and not this year.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Lookin at.......Orlando and Hedo both ? ' up. Hedo leaves a championship contending team for the Money, now he wants out of Toronto. Orlando didnt want to give hedo the money, so they let him walk. They lose Rafer, who was playing good on the team and could have been a backup for jameer. Traded Courtney Lee and some picks for VC. All these players fitted in good with the Magic, which made them a better team last year and not this year.

We offered Hedo a reasonable contract he just chose to get more with another team. Skip wasnt tryna be a back up Pg so we traded him and as much as i hate the frail ass ? the move for VC was necessary after losing Turk so we made it