Where does Kobe Rank on the list of Greats?

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Where would you put Kobe on the list of the greatest players of all time

Comments

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Gotta Win this Year Championship this year first ............If he does i give him Top 3
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Anywhere between 4-7. It jumps around too much based on how he plays sometimes. I cant stand the dude because he has the worst dickriders in the world and gets praised even on a 5-40 shooting night, but theres no denyin his offensive ability and ability to hit the big shot is second to only Jordan
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i cant really call it on all time greats bc i havent seen enough of them, but id say top 10 all time. he is one of the best i've ever seen though.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Gotta Win this Year Championship this year first ............If he does i give him Top 3

CS this if he wins this year hes locked in as number 2 and if he gets 7 then we can begin the MJ comparisons
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Kobe is this era's Jordan.

Say somethin punk....
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Kobe is this era's Jordan.

Say somethin punk....

bron=drexler
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    i cant really call it on all time greats bc i havent seen enough of them, but id say top 10 all time. he is one of the best i've ever seen though.

Co-Sign this also, Even Jordan himself says "Its hard for me to say im the best because i never got to play against some of the all-time greats that i looked up to" ..

So it's tough , but i agree, you almost have to have seen all these dudes play.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would say number 3 behind micheal and magic
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1194986783697987356baseball_glove_ganson.svg.hi.png

for all the feelings that will be caught in this thread
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Co-Sign this also, Even Jordan himself says "Its hard for me to say im the best because i never got to play against some of the all-time greats that i looked up to" ..

yea i mean ive watched tapes and all that but its not nearly the same. one of the smartest bball heads i knows swears that jerry west is the best he's ever seen play, mj included, and west might not even ? most top 10 lists
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options

yea but what were basing it off is strictly accomplishments and numbers and based off of that you can get some what of an idea of who should be considered the greats in some sort of hierarchy
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shoulda made the poll open. i want to hear peoples explanations for him being number 1. no hate or stan, just legitimately curious
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    I would say number 3 behind micheal and magic

if Kobe pulls Off this Championship i dont see him behind Magic.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    shoulda made the poll open. i want to hear peoples explanations for him being number 1. no hate or stan, just legitimately curious

ive been trying to do that ? . I checked the public box.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    3-5 and climbing if he get that Larry O'Brien again
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    When its all said and done.. its gonna be hard to push him off of the Mt. Rushmore of baskeball players.. his resume speaks for itself..
  • sanman86
    sanman86 Members Posts: 162
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Top 10 without question
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If he can somehow get 2 more rings after this year, you gotta consider him the second GOAT
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    MIchael

Magic

Kobe

AND HE'S STILL PLAYING...
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if Kobe pulls Off this Championship i dont see him behind Magic.

Only reason I have him behind Magic is because Magic led a very underwhelming Lakers team to the finals that year they lost to mike and the Bulls I have yet too see bean do that without a top tier team.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    top 10, easily
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    When its all said and done.. its gonna be hard to push him off of the Mt. Rushmore of baskeball players.. his resume speaks for itself..

co ? sign
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    People overreact too much in the present.

He's still the 3rd best player of this decade behind Shaq and Duncan, and winning another ring(only his 2nd as the #1) wont change that. It will only narrow the gap.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Overreact i been saying this for years on series.. on playoff run is just addition to years of what he has done..

If its any overreaction its to what these younger players have done. being in the league 6 -7 years.. comparing them to a player with a resume.. and videotape here.. to zamunda.. ? speaks for itself