Official 2010 nba free agency speculation thread !!!!

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
All News/Rumors/BrousardRoasts will be posted in this thread until the end of the summer. Millz let me get a sticky doggy nh

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bosh joining LeBron-Wade meeting

By Mark J. Miller

Chris BoshSoon-to-be free agents Dwyane Wade(notes), Joe Johnson(notes) and LeBron James(notes) are planning to meet this summer to discuss plans as far as who will sign where this offseason, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune on Wednesday. ESPN is reporting that Chris Bosh(notes) will be part of the festivities as well.

"(Free agency) has been three years coming," Wade told the Tribune. "We've discussed it prematurely, at different times. (But) you don't know what guys are thinking and where they're going. I think we'll all sit down, and before one of us makes a decision, all of us will have spoken to each other and (listened to the) thinking. A lot of decisions (will be based on) what other players are willing to do and what other guys want to do. So it's not just a ‘me' situation here. We all have to look and see what each other is thinking."
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    suns gon drop amarie and sign an even softer player, dirk
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    how the ? joe johnson get in on that meeting? bron must have accidentally sent him a text with the whereabouts meant for wade
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Fisher, Sasha, Brown, MOrrison for Steve Nash FTW!
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    how the ? joe johnson get in on that meeting? bron must have accidentally sent him a text with the whereabouts meant for wade

haha Joe Johnson didnt show up in the playoffs but hes still a great player man yall have been killin dude since that series. I think he ends up in NY tho with Amare and they become PHX 2.0
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

nah that ? probably awkwarded them into it, just sat there looking sad until they just said "alright ? it you can come"
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    nah that ? probably awkwarded them into it, just sat there looking sad until they just said "alright ? it you can come"

hahaha i can imagine this ? face lighting up light a christmas tree right after
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options

lol gave that ? the wrong date. jj sittin in a hotel restaurant as we speak waiting for them to show up
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hahaha i can imagine this ? face lighting up light a christmas tree right after

happy.gif

probably something like this
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    happy.gif

probably something like this

hahahaha you had me weak with that gif. Ive seen it a million times but when executed properly gifs can be the funniest ? on earth
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bron goes to Cleveland, Amare accepts his extension, Cleveland trades Mo and Antawn for Amare and Dragic.

Wade and Bosh chill in MIA

NY gets JJ. Dont trip, Johnson, Danilo Gfuckalastnamespellin, and David Lee are decent pieces.

If Amare opts out, I still think him or ? end up in Cleveland, through a sign and trade.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bron goes to Cleveland, Amare accepts his extension, Cleveland trades Mo and Antawn for Amare and Dragic.

NY gets JJ. Dont trip, Johnson, Danilo Gfuckalastnamespellin, and David Lee are decent pieces.

If Amare opts out, I still think him or ? end up in Cleveland, through a sign and trade.

Phx would never go for that ?
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options

yea they got nash and dragic, they have no need for mo and his contract
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

The name is Gallinari. And I agree that's not a bad core. But I don't think that will go over well in NY.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Stoudamire. We need a player who can actually show up for us. we need to get rid of his non playing ass. at least dirk would have tried
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options

They were gonna trade him for Hickson and Z.

They could use Mo and Jamison, both players would be better in a fast system.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Co-sign and now yall ? can add Amare to the meetin too.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They were gonna trade him for Hickson and Z.

They could use Mo and Jamison, both players would be better in a fast system.

The first deal made more sense because Hickson was a young talent who was up and coming nh and Z was an expiring. Mo Williams wont get too much run and will be an expensive bench player who imo isnt that much better then Dragic right now and in a few years Dragic will be a stud nh and Jamison is locked in for about 13 14 mil for 2 years and isnt nearly the player Amare is.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wade Is goin 2 Chicago...

Lebron Is Comin To BRooklyn

Bosh is Comin 2 NY along Side Joe Johnson...

Amare Stays In PHX or goes 2 the Clippers...
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wade Is goin 2 Chicago...

Lebron Is Comin To BRooklyn

Bosh is Comin 2 NY along Side Joe Johnson...

Amare Stays In PHX or goes 2 the Clippers...

really did you forget they have the former number 1 pick at the 4 and an all star 5? If any one is coming to the clips its Jo Jonson or maybe Rudy ?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Stoudemire to join LeBron, Wade free-agency talks

By Mark J. Miller

Amare' StoudemireMaybe there won't be an actual summit involving LeBron James(notes), Chris Bosh(notes), Dwyane Wade(notes) and Joe Johnson(notes), but the foursome will be talking to one another this summer about their free-agency plans. And it appears that another fella will be in on the talks: Phoenix Suns forward Amar'e Stoudemire(notes).

Stoudemire can opt out of his contract this summer, leaving more than $17 million on the table.

AOL Fanhouse also reports that Stoudemire will be in on the aforementioned conversations that will likely take place before the free-agency window opens July 1.

"I'm friends with LeBron, Dwyane, Chris [Bosh] — all those guys are friends of mine," Stoudemire told Fanhouse. "So I'm pretty sure they'll call me and we'll talk about a few things."
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LeBron says Cavs have edge in free agency

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer 3 hours, 23 minutes ago

* Email
    * Print

CLEVELAND (AP)—One month from the start of the NBA’s free agency frenzy, LeBron James(notes) has handicapped his field of suitors.

The Cleveland Cavaliers lead the pack.
    Other Popular NBA Stories

* Photos: LeBron James
    * Free agency ploy: 'Beards for 'Bron'
    * Rivers: Jackson to be best coach in Finals

Cavaliers star forward LeBron James will become a free agent on July 1.
    (NBAE/ Getty Images)

In his first interview since the Cavs’ season ended with a shocking, second-round loss to Boston, James told CNN’s Larry King that Cleveland has “an edge” to re-sign him when the greatest collection of free agents in league history hits the open market on July 1.

King, who interviewed James at the two-time MVP’s home near Akron on Tuesday, asked the superstar if Cleveland has “an edge going in?”

“Absolutely,” James said in a portion of the interview released by the network. “Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it’s comfortable. So I’ve got a lot of memories here. And so it does have an edge.”

The interview will air Friday on CNN’s “Larry King Live,” capping the program’s 25th anniversary celebration on the network.

Other than his postgame interview, James has not talked to the media since the Cavs were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by the Boston Celtics, who then knocked off Orlando and will meet the Los Angeles Lakers in the finals starting Thursday.

The 25-year-old James heads a star-studded free agency summer class featuring Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes), Carlos ? (notes) and others. James has not given any hints about his plans, saying only that he and his “team” of advisers will weigh all the options.

The New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls and New Jersey Nets are among a group of teams expected to make a strong push for James.

James has spent all seven seasons as a pro with the Cavs, who offered him a contract extension last year and can give him $30 million more than any other team in a maximum-length deal. Cleveland recently fired coach Mike Brown, who led the team to 143 wins the past two seasons but couldn’t get them to the finals either year.

James has kept a low profile since Cleveland’s season ended. He has not commented on Brown’s firing and he did not speak to reporters when he helped judge an amateur slam dunk contest during a public appearance on Saturday.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well played by Lebron now if he ends up leaving the fans will blame cleavland for not making more of an effort to re-sign him he just took some of the heat off himself
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NBA stands at LeBron’s beck and call
    Adrian Wojnarowski

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports Jun 5, 9:23 pm EDT

World Wide Wes has been telling everyone that he believes LeBron James(notes) is leaning hard toward signing with the Chicago Bulls. No one can be certain if basketball’s most famous middleman has been whispering honest insights to friends or amping the anxiety of Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert. Just know this: It wasn’t until Tom Thibodeau – who swore he never again wanted an agent – signed with William Wesley’s CAA that the Chicago Bulls grew serious about the coach’s candidacy.

LeBron James is already influencing coaching and front-office decisions a month before he officially becomes a free agent.
    (NBAE/ Getty Images)

Something pushed Bulls officials to get on a plane, fly to Los Angeles on the eve of the NBA Finals and meet with the Boston Celtics assistant coach. Within 48 hours, the Bulls had a deal for Thibodeau to become their head coach. For several weeks, the Bulls had chances to interview him. They never did. Just a year ago, Thibodeau couldn’t get offers from the Sacramento Kings, Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia Sixers and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Celtics see him as a career assistant and wouldn’t even consider him as a candidate to replace Doc Rivers.
    More From Adrian Wojnarowski

* Feel his fury: Gasol pushes back Jun 4, 2010
    * Kobe stands upon foundation for success Jun 3, 2010

Only now, Tom Thibodeau has a three-year contract to coach the Chicago Bulls.

As one front-office executive with a franchise that has significant salary-cap space this summer said, “I think all the big free-agent deals will be done by July 1, if not the draft. The NBA would have a cow if [it] knew what’s going on now.”

Some league executives don’t even believe Bulls general manager Gar Forman was sold on Thibodeau, but it doesn’t matter. Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf was. Everything is happening on the ownership level now, and that’s the reason Gilbert wants to become Jerry Jones and Danny Ferry wanted out of a Cleveland future whether it included LeBron James or not. The hiring of Thibodeau doesn’t assure the Bulls of James, but consider it something of a down payment.

Dwyane Wade(notes) isn’t coming to the Bulls, and they know it. He’s recruiting free agents for the Miami Heat now, and his public disparaging of the Bulls’ lack of loyalty to their former great players was mostly directed toward the ears of his free-agent peers. Wade is selling the organizational stability of the Heat, the possibility of playing for the best available championship coach on the market, Pat Riley.

Riley promises to sell James and Chris Bosh(notes) on taking a little less money for a chance to be champions. He plans to tell them all about how the Showtime Lakers did it in the pre-salary cap ’80’s and how they can do it, too. It’s an improbable scenario, and a source with knowledge of his plans says Riley clearly prefers Chris Bosh over Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) with the second max contract slot the Heat have available. In fact, Riley is believed to still be torn about whether he would take Stoudemire over Utah’s Carlos ? (notes). Riley is also intrigued with signing Boston’s Ray Allen(notes) to get a shooter on the floor with Wade.

What’s been lost for the Cavaliers is the strong, steady leadership they had with Ferry and coach Mike Brown. Gilbert was honest with Ferry: He wanted to take back control and involve himself with everything again. Before Ferry was hired as GM, it wasn’t uncommon for Gilbert to pass notes to the bench for substitutions he wanted Paul Silas to make. Ferry had come out of San Antonio, and believed an orderly structure made for successful, winning organizations.

“LeBron never had to come out and say that he wanted Brown and Ferry gone,” one front-office executive familiar with the Cavs’ dynamic said. “But the anti-Brown and anti-Ferry sentiment from LeBron’s crowd was loud and clear to Dan Gilbert. He knew where LeBron stood.”

Ferry convinced Gilbert to step back, let him do his job. But more and more, the owner’s impulsive need to inject himself into everything took over the franchise. Most of all, Gilbert had become the biggest enabler of LeBron James and his inner circle, and that only promises to get worse. Ferry never loved the players’ pregame skits, the hiring of James’ buddies, the associates’ riding on the team plane, but Gilbert seldom said no to anything. He behaved like the permissive parent who believed his kid would love him more if he spoiled him rotten. And it got the Cavs a superstar, James, who never respected anyone and a cast of associates who had the run of the place. Had James wanted Ferry to still be the GM, Gilbert would’ve backed down and Ferry would have a new contract.

“Danny’s been miserable for the past two years,” a friend of his told Yahoo! Sports. “Even if they kept LeBron, do you still lose for winning there anyway?”

Ferry fought to retain Brown, but Gilbert, a staunch Michigan State man, is determined to hire away Tom Izzo. Unless James tells him he wants John Calipari, and then they’ll hire John Calipari. As much as anything, the Cavaliers are giving the franchise completely over to James and his inner circle now. Whatever he wants to stay, he’ll get. Now, Ferry isn’t there to play the wet blanket anymore. He never feared fighting Gilbert on issues because he had stature, money and, truth be told, he didn’t need the job.

All this changes with the promotion of new GM Chris Grant, a capable and respected young executive who won’t have nearly the muscle with Gilbert that his old boss did. Grant isn’t in the job to challenge the owner, but to carry out his vision. The message to James and his people is unmistakable: Whatever you want here, you’ll have. Your way is our way now. That isn’t how it works with winning organizations, and the tragic part is that James may well recognize that and bail on Cleveland anyway.

All the pieces stay fluid and evolving now. World Wide Wes whispers the Bulls for those listening, and all hell has broken loose with a free-agent chase for LeBron James that’s well under way long before July 1.
    Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.
    Updated Jun 5, 9:23 pm EDT
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options