edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Let's get it! Morey better get his ? together in time for Free Agency

Houston-Rockets-Logo--620x324.gif

Comments

• dubsackone1
    dubsackone1 Members Posts: 96
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Here, here! Clutch City Stand da F*ck Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dunno how the ? we did anything with a ? 6'6 center.
    Very optimistic about this year however.
    Lots of young talent on the team.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

lmao nobody knows
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

lmao, because the "chuck wagon"(I hate that ? name almost as much as I hate clyde drexler doing games) is a beast. Real ? though Hayes would be an elite defender if he was a couple inches taller. Anyways I'm checking in, Kyle Lowry one of the most underrated players in the league and if Pumpfake(K-Mart) played defense HALF as good as he plays offense I might consider him a player who is close to being a star. We gunning for the 8th seed!!! SMH
  • HustleThaDon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man they need to let Calvin Murphy do commentary for games again. Clyde Drexler and Matt Dullard woat. Im anxious to see the rookies: Morris, Parsons, and D-Mo
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=mrhustletown;3787216]Man they need to let Calvin Murphy do commentary for games again. Clyde Drexler and Matt Dullard woat. Im anxious to see the rookies: Morris, Parsons, and D-Mo[/QUOTE]

True story. I really don't understand what Morey did in this draft. D-Mo is 7 foot but he's 215 pounds and we don't know if morris can play sf so we basically drafted two players at a position that we are strongest @. Neither one of them are gonna take Pat's playing time. I understand best player available but come on Morey. I wanted Kawhi and after I saw the spurs a.k.a. the kings of finding "diamonds in the rough" trade up to grab him I got even more ? off. I don't think Kawhi is great but he can be a very good wing defender and high energy athlete which is what we need.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Only Houston team i dont root for, (Go Lakers), but i do have a soft spot for u guys, so i come in peace. Will be going to a few of your games this season, my work place gives out free tickets regularly.
  • HustleThaDon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Only Houston team i dont root for, (Go Lakers), but i do have a soft spot for u guys, so i come in peace. Will be going to a few of your games this season, my work place gives out free tickets regularly.

No ? ? Chunk me some of those tickets! Ill paypal you some money lol.
  • HustleThaDon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    True story. I really don't understand what Morey did in this draft. D-Mo is 7 foot but he's 215 pounds and we don't know if morris can play sf so we basically drafted two players at a position that we are strongest @. Neither one of them are gonna take Pat's playing time. I understand best player available but come on Morey. I wanted Kawhi and after I saw the spurs a.k.a. the kings of finding "diamonds in the rough" trade up to grab him I got even more ? off. I don't think Kawhi is great but he can be a very good wing defender and high energy athlete which is what we need.

Yeah its a big log jam at both forward spots. You think Morey will try and trade Scola?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah its a big log jam at both forward spots. You think Morey will try and trade Scola?

Yep. I'd hate to see him go but he's the most attractive piece(pause, n.h.) that we can afford to get rid of. Everyone else we either shouldn't give up(lowry, k-mart) or no one would want. If we're talking about getting a star wing I could see him giving up K-mart and Scola. For as good as Scola is offensively he is a pretty weak defender. Pat doesn't have his skills on the block nor his footwork but his mid-range game is very good and he's a better athlete plus he will probably become a better defender. I still think a scola/k-mart package is better than anyone else will offer Orlando for D. Howard unless they're giving up a star themselves but I know Houston isn't a big name squad and a lot of people don't check for our players so others wont agree.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    shout out to my ? chuck hayes but yall aint nothing but a team of C+/B- players and that aint gone cut it
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options
    shout out to my ? chuck hayes but yall aint nothing but a team of C+/B- players and that aint gone cut it

Lol so is your team minus Dwight Howard, and THAT AINT GONNA CUT IT EITHER.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol so is your team minus Dwight Howard, and THAT AINT GONNA CUT IT EITHER.

yea but we built our team around Dwight and we will most likely get value back for him if he chooses to leave.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ready to see what mchale do bout that center position...we need a big body downlow.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Ready to see what mchale do bout that center position...we need a big body downlow.

chuck hayes is arguably the best post defender in the league and dude even pulled off a triple double this yea. He is more than capable of starting.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    edited November 2011
    Options
    chuck hayes is arguably the best post defender in the league and dude even pulled off a triple double this yea. He is more than capable of starting.

The ? is 6'6....
    He can provide a good spark off the bench for sure, but he cannot be a long-term starter if we plan to win in the near future.
  • HustleThaDon
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Chuck Hayes should not be starting at center for ANYBODY. Good defensive player and should be coming off the bench.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hayes is not the answer at center...solid player,yeah no doubt but we need a true center he isnt even taller than LBJ.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited November 2011
    Options
    interesting article on the rockets tanking.....http://www.red94.net/time-rockets-tank/7662/
    yea but we built our team around Dwight and we will most likely get value back for him if he chooses to leave.

true...........
  • Co_Town_Michael
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't mind it if we tanked, especially if we got a solid big man in the draft out of it.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Reports are Tyson Chandler is meeting with us this week, he's also meeting with New Jersey and Golden State. New Jersey and Houston being mentioned as front runners for Nene and Tyson Chandler and Chandler already said he doesn't think he will be in a Mavericks uniform this year. Good news for us....
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Reports are Tyson Chandler is meeting with us this week, he's also meeting with New Jersey and Golden State. New Jersey and Houston being mentioned as front runners for Nene and Tyson Chandler and Chandler already said he doesn't think he will be in a Mavericks uniform this year. Good news for us....

That would be a good look
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Figured I'd up this for the four of us in here who are Rockets fans lol. 1 hour till game time, I know we're gonna be fighting for those 6-8 playoff spots but I'm still hyped...... Still no word on whether Sam is gonna play or not...
  • HustleThaDon
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Smh Hill already in foul trouble. Dalembert came in and got a block.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Smh Hill already in foul trouble. Dalembert came in and got a block.

hill is a ? still. Dalembert is gonna make a BIG difference for our team, I know it's the first game but just having a big body out there changed our team defensively let alone having a big man who can actually defend. Pumpfake a.k.a. kevin martin out here on his usual ? , trying to draw fouls, shoot 3's and play ZERO defense...