Can you even relate to any of these rappers?

Options
LPast
LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Reason
Cats are talking about G4s, how they drive Maybachs, and how they courtside or whatever. Can yall relate to this stuff? I find my self not even listening to these cats when they talk about their material ish anymore. Real people coming out a recession and your favorite rappers is talking bout how they stunting...

Speak on it.

Comments

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not all rappers. u got to look to underground hip hop for substance like immortal technique, blu, brother ali, reflection eternal, lupe fiasco or atmosphere.
  • SCRATCHOFF
    SCRATCHOFF Members Posts: 688
    edited May 2010
    Options
    eh.. you can relate if you want those things... The issue is people don't listen to music for entertainment anymore they are literally living their life based on whats hot in music .. drinking Nuvo , Ace of Spades, Ciroc, and Conjure is all bogus to me because you wouldn't even know what it was if some rap ? didn't mention it in a rhyme...
  • SCRATCHOFF
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not all rappers. u got to look to underground hip hop for substance like immortal technique, blu, brother ali, reflection eternal, lupe fiasco or atmosphere.

Right and that's who you listen to for relativity... the rest is just good car and club muisic...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SCRATCHOFF wrote: »
    eh.. you can relate if you want those things... The issue is people don't listen to music for entertainment anymore they are literally living their life based on whats hot in music .. drinking Nuvo , Ace of Spades, Ciroc, and Conjure is all bogus to me because you wouldn't even know what it was if some rap ? didn't mention it in a rhyme...

You make a good point here.

It's not about relating its about the entertainment aspect and why is it that people always gotta relate to something in order to like it.

For example I didn't relate to a lot of Bone Thugs content but they are still my favorite group.
  • LPast
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not that we HAVE to but some of this ? is just bs imo. Like the recession, real ish is going on and regular people have real problems. Me personally dont want to hear a album full of material ish, when im having trouble paying bills.

I can relate to what rappers like J.cole, lupe, and nas are talking about. Its not even directly relating either. If rapper is talking about Africa having problems, and thats what I see happening I can feel what he is saying cause I have an opinion on the issue.
  • SCRATCHOFF
    edited May 2010
    Options
    very true but music isn't ALL about whats going on in the world... Its entertainment.. its almost a dream world where you can be anything and do anything... again thats why I don't understand how these regular ass ? try and emulate their lives after it...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i cant relate to any rapper honestly.
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can't relate to material rappers so I tend to not listen to that type of music but the way the industry is working now, even up and coming rappers are taking this route even if though they can't even relate to that type of lifestyle
  • LPast
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Your right its entertainment. There are rappers you like to hear and others you FEEL what they are saying cause it is familiar to you.

Superman, with all the views in rap u must relate to something any rapper says.