Censorship on MTV...

Options
delwons
delwons Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Reason
Being bored watching the ridiculous rerun vids on mtv jams made me realize they censor out some of the dumbest things in songs and in the worst way. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i been notice it and it seems like its only hip hop videos. Other genre can say anything short of ? , ? , ? , ? , ass, etc but a rapper say i sell that white it gets censored, rappers cant say gun without it being censored yet rock groups say gun and no censor. I say its a conspiracy.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I dont think Much Vibe does that. I heard BET wont show Ciara's Ride video?
  • delwons
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah mtv will show a video but they will censor it to a point were they shouldnt have even shown it. For instance that lil wil "my dougie" video smh.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    i been notice it and it seems like its only hip hop videos. Other genre can say anything short of ? , ? , ? , ? , ass, etc but a rapper say i sell that white it gets censored, rappers cant say gun without it being censored yet rock groups say gun and no censor. I say its a conspiracy.
    Yeah i've been noticing that for a looooong time too. They also censor more imagery in rap videos that they allow in other genres of music. MTV and BET don't play videos to the extend that anyone should censor for them and kiss their reality show obsessed ? anyways. YouTube, iTunes, and VEVO is where it's at now.
  • delwons
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Yeah i've been noticing that for a looooong time too. They also censor more imagery in rap videos that they allow in other genres of music. Oh well, YouTube[/b/ is where it's at now anyways.

nah youtube will be on the same level in a couple years. Before google bought youtube it was the place to see it all.
    even forums are starting to be censored.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Yeah i've been noticing that for a looooong time too. They also censor more imagery in rap videos that they allow in other genres of music. MTV and BET don't play videos to the extend that anyone should censor for them and kiss their reality show obsessed ? anyways. YouTube, iTunes, and VEVO is where it's at now.

yeah i agree wth you, they even censor implied sexual innuendo's like Juelz saying gimme that becky.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    delwons wrote: »
    nah youtube will be on the same level in a couple years. Before google bought youtube it was the place to see it all.
    even forums are starting to be censored.
    Yeah, YouTube was never meant to be strictly music videos though...but now YouTube is working with VEVO to have official artist pages/channels where you can views all their videos.
    jamacia wrote: »
    yeah i agree wth you, they even censor implied sexual innuendo's like Juelz saying gimme that becky.
    "Pop a bottle just to get my h*** (head) right"
  • delwons
    edited May 2010
    Options
    reminds me of that fcc episode of family guy. mtv probably really thinks like that.