what does young jeezy say that'd good?

Options
Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Reason
alotta dudes feelin him, says he knows how to rap but last time i listened to him he was spittin ? that didn't even rhyme, so please tell me why he's any good or confirm my belief that he's just a wack rapper on good beats

Comments

• SCRATCHOFF
    SCRATCHOFF Members Posts: 688
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that its not what Jeezy says its how he says it... His delivery is hella hypnotic... His flow rides... He is literally saying the same 4 things over and over again.. but the ? HOT.. I'm a fan
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!..."... this adlib is one of the GOATS... lol
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited May 2010
    Options
    smh...^^^^thats what i figured
  • SCRATCHOFF
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!..."... this adlib is one of the GOATS... lol

Hell yeah!! That ? is one of THE best adlibs of all time...
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    we dont just say no,we to busy sayin yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

he stole that from cube
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited May 2010
    Options

he stole that from cube

gangsta gangsta!!!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

he stole that from cube

...and made it HOT
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol yall stupid, but Jeezy has shown growth through his albums
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol yall stupid, but Jeezy has shown growth through his albums

so answer the title of the thread
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What makes Jeezy so great is the fact that he sounds like just another ? at the Barber Shop. You know he has the Lambo references, etc., but it's just something about his delivery. I'm not even trying to be funny, but it's kinda like when you listen to Biggie. It's like they're having a conversation with you. Something that Hov, Nas, T.I. have never been able to do.

"It's 3:45, she pulled up to my house/
    Got the strap, got the door, with a blunt in my mouth/
    I'm bout to lay the smack down, and when I'm layin' the smack down
    SOME PAC IN THE BACKGROUND!"

That ? is mad basic, but I be hype as ? when I hear it.

"Now the question is, can a ? really rap?
    and the answer is, you ever been to the trap?
    ? , I make hits, you ? waste time/
    and I'll be got damned if I letcha waste mine"

All that ? is simple as ? , but it's like "damn, that's some real ? ."

That was a ? explanation, but it's the best way I know how. Cuz I tried not to like Jeezy, cuz I used to be on the "? the south" bandwagon. Then I heard "Soul Survivor" and DL'd his first album and it was a wrap. I've been a fan since.
  • SCRATCHOFF
    edited May 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    I know alot of dudes up here bump Jeezy... i still dont get it... "Trappin aint deaddddddd"..... Really?

Jeezy has rap skills and his flow is niicceeeee #nofab... he content isn't totally bad its just redundant...
  • wakenbaken
    wakenbaken Members Posts: 84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's not so much what Jeezy is saying but more of how he is saying it. Jeezy is saying the same thing as every other trap rapper ever has, but he separates himself from the rest of the pack. His delivery to the mad basic rhymes he uses is ? perfect haha. "the absolute truth, yeah i'm no joke, who me? i emerge from the ? smoke. cocky, gangsta, and an undeniable flow keeps jeezy relevant with me at least.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What makes Jeezy so great is the fact that he sounds like just another ? at the Barber Shop. You know he has the Lambo references, etc., but it's just something about his delivery. I'm not even trying to be funny, but it's kinda like when you listen to Biggie. It's like they're having a conversation with you. Something that Hov, Nas, T.I. have never been able to do.

"It's 3:45, she pulled up to my house/
    Got the strap, got the door, with a blunt in my mouth/
    I'm bout to lay the smack down, and when I'm layin' the smack down
    SOME PAC IN THE BACKGROUND!"

That ? is mad basic, but I be hype as ? when I hear it.

"Now the question is, can a ? really rap?
    and the answer is, you ever been to the trap?
    ? , I make hits, you ? waste time/
    and I'll be got damned if I letcha waste mine"

All that ? is simple as ? , but it's like "damn, that's some real ? ."

That was a ? explanation, but it's the best way I know how. Cuz I tried not to like Jeezy, cuz I used to be on the "? the south" bandwagon. Then I heard "Soul Survivor" and DL'd his first album and it was a wrap. I've been a fan since.

i guess u like him for the reason i dislike him lol
  • El Capa Tin
    El Capa Tin Members Posts: 11
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jeezy's delivery is simply amazing, as someone already pointed out its not what he says, but how he says it. He's no Nas or Andre 3k or other elite lyricist but he got some lyrical ability, which has improved if you followed him from TM 101 to Recession. He had one of the greatest mixtapes of all time in the form of Trap or Die as it's critically acclaimed and gave him the proper foundation to his career showing superiority to the failed Boyz N Da Hood group he was in.

TM 101 is a street classic, it was really the street manual to manage, hide, and hide drugs amongst street codes and hustling to survive all embedded in his raspy voice and slick wordplay. Not to go off to a tangent, but the album resulted in his Snowman t-shirt being brought like hotcakes eventually concerning parents that they were forbidden in schools.

He's not the role model type and shouldn't be given what the raps about, but I can't deny his skills.

But what makes Jeezy so good is that he'll tell you what it is, he'll paint the picture with street codes/slang/slurs/references. He's wise without spitting with an advanced vocab like the greats/elites. People say he's talking nonsense, ? , ? etc, but he's talking real stuff, he's telling stories, etc. His charisma and presence is also on another level.

He's not Gucci, Soulja Boy, Wacka etc, don't get it twisted, he's a lot better than given credit for. Jay mess with him, Kanye mess with him, Andre 3k mess with him (on TM103). It's more than money/popularity, the dude has skills. I wouldn't want to collab with cornballs. You can hear it in his voice and you can feel it. Many talk about the streets, the struggle etc, but he does it like no other. No crazy wordplay down there, but like his song with Jay, it's as real as it gets. Give Trap or Die 2 (Mixtape) a listen, hard beats with hard lyrics. Voice of the streets.

"I came so far from the bottom could'nt even see the top
    just as soon as I feel the drought I'm whippen up every block
    I'm a good ? fearin man with a criminal mind state
    ain't nobody gave a ? and that's why we grind weight
    my grandma off in the church while I'm in the frigerater
    in search of the baking soda right next to the mashed potatoes
    she prayin for better days
    I'm prayin to take this water realest in stunna-ship
    put that day on my mothers daughter"

"Dear Lord Heavenly Father please forgive me, can't turn back on em' now these ? feel me/ Never dream of letting down, that ? will ? me/ First year the money was ? , but now its filthy/ Dear Heavenly father you know the real me, 'the-used-to hide-em'-in-the-attic', half a Mil Me/ 'The-used-to-get-it-in-before-the-deal' Me/ Now ? acting like I owe em,' tell em' Bill me/ Back up on our grind, we put the worst behind us, no direct Eye contact he might blind us/ Risk all every day of the week so don't remind us/ Street ? we be in the streets, thats where you find us!!"

"Came out the ? thuggin', came out the room with nothing/ two bedroom trailer, the roaches, couldn't even spray em' /Scared? Just go the church; the preacher can't even save ya/ Thats why i go so hard the preacher might even play ya"

"Fell off? Bout to pick up where I left off like when cuz front me the whip; got it the hell off/ Took that bullsh!t to the block and went the hell off; even left a scent on my jeans can't get the smell off/The mood is she gotta be quick or she'll melt off and you're stuck with egg nog in the bag, you can't sell off"
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mane jeezy one of the future goats, not 1, but 2 classic mixtapes...

? worst album is still a classic, and it aint even ? came out yet, cuz bruh aint released a worst album...
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i used to be a JEEZY hater till I heard that song "DREAMING" with keisha coles....that ? is fire...

'i remeber when we used to share our clothes
    look at us now ? we sell out shows I must be dreaming....

if you ain't heard that song you sleeping....and this is coming from a HUGE east coast HIP HOP FAN...

@ grip money...? i know that ain't you in that picture...lol...looking like a 14 year old sammy davis jr. who became a gangster...lol
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You shouldn't go to Jeezy for lyrics. I am definitely one of the crazy hip hop fans who scrutinize lyrics, so I'm a fan of the Lupe's, Dre 3000s, Eminem's, Pac's etc. A couple of years ago I wouldn't even have paid Jeezy any mind, but sometimes a ? just wants to kick back and listen. Jeezy is prolly revered for his ability to 1. Ride a beat, and 2. Spit some real ? . You may not agree with him, but you can't deny the man knows how to express himself pretty well. I can't quote you any of his verses, I'm not THAT big a fan, but he prolly comprises of about 15% of the music in my car.
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Everythang aint about lyrics sometimes ? , sometimes ? just feelin like chillin and listenin to music.

Jeezy make ? to vibe to whether you chillin, smokin, grindin, ridin, fucc even cleanin yo house

He aint close to top 10 lyricist of all time, but when it comes to makin great MUSIC, he's up there imo