Say ? ny is like....

Options
P. Town
P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Reason
Ima south ? , but ? really need 2 chill wit tha disrespect 2 new york, i undastand a lot of ? cant comprehend some ? when waka flocka & the party boyz take up space n they ipoDs, but c'mon yall

sayin ? new york is like gettin drafted 2 tha nba n sayin ? james naismith

Comments

• Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Agreed........................
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Ima south ? , but ? really need 2 chill wit tha disrespect 2 new york, i undastand a lot of ? cant comprehend some ? when waka flocka & the party boyz take up space n they ipoDs, but c'mon yall

Is you Jay Elect... LOL
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

And New York ? need to stop disrespecting the South. It's like the Minneapolis Lakers saying ? the Los Angeles Lakers.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    And New York ? need to stop disrespecting the South. It's like the Minneapolis Lakers saying ? the Los Angeles Lakers.

The father has the right to speak bad about his daughter
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The father has the right to speak bad about his daughter
    Especially when we don't approve of this shirtless, goonish, gold-toothed drug-dealing savage with the ski-mask on that she's been dating for the past 8 years...
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    we don't diss the south we diss the wack ass rappers that came outta the south. like oj gucci. but over all i diss all wack dudes from where ever, like maino wack ass
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yup

no NY = no hiphop
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It would be great if rappers from both areas could put each other on in their respective regions. There have some unlikely collabos , to name a few UGK's "Next Up" with Big Daddy Kane & Kool G Rap, "Real Women" with Talib Kweli, Outkast's "Skew it on the BBQ" with Raekwon, Kweli's "Country Cousins" with UGK. It would be awesome to hear those songs on the radio.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no respect is found here
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok NY is where Hip Hop started but, it branched out to the West, South and Midwest.
    That's what make's Hip Hop so unique, every region has it's own style.
    We can not sound the same because, if we did we would not be staying true to ourselves.
    And if we sounded just like NY, y'all would still have something to not like, u would say we trying to copy y'all style.
    NY started it and it's gonna always be the birthplace, it's not like we don't give NY love for that, they are going to always have the crown.
    But West Coast started Gangsta/G-Funk, Midwest started that Bone Thugs/Twista flow and the South started Trap/Bass/Crunk music.
    Every region has it's own style, why can't people just accept that and stop trying to make it like only New York should be Hip Hop.
    Let's be real, if Hip Hop was only New York based, Hip Hop would not have gotten so popular, the same one's that NY people diss are the same ones that bought your music.
    Without The West, The South and The Midwest support of NY music, Hip Hop would not have survived this long.
    Believe me we bump NY in The South, I'm a Big Wu-Tang fan and we give u ur respect but, learn how to give us respect too.
    I know we got some wack ? here but, so does the West Coast, Midwest and East Coast, u gotta have the good with the bad.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hop Hip has always been.
    It just got labeled as a genre of music in NY and exploited there.
    truly we have NY to blame for Hip Hops terrible state of music.
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited May 2010
    Options

You from the south and you sayin we needa stop disrespectin them? They dont do the same to us? And lets not forget the wack rappers up there (Mims, Maino, DJ Webstar, Charles Hamilton etc)
    FlightKing wrote: »
    south4life wrote: »
    Ok NY is where Hip Hop started but, it branched out to the West, South and Midwest.
    That's what make's Hip Hop so unique, every region has it's own style.0
    We can not sound the same because, if we did we would not be staying true to ourselves.
    And if we sounded just like NY, y'all would still have something to not like, u would say we trying to copy y'all style.
    NY started it and it's gonna always be the birthplace, it's not like we don't give NY love for that, they are going to always have the crown.
    But West Coast started Gangsta/G-Funk, Midwest started that Bone Thugs/Twista flow and the South started Trap/Bass/Crunk music.
    Every region has it's own style, why can't people just accept that and stop trying to make it like only New York should be Hip Hop.
    Let's be real, if Hip Hop was only New York based, Hip Hop would not have gotten so popular, the same one's that NY people diss are the same ones that bought your music.
    Without The West, The South and The Midwest support of NY music, Hip Hop would not have survived this long.
    Believe me we bump NY in The South, I'm a Big Wu-Tang fan and we give u ur respect but, learn how to give us respect too.
    I know we got some wack ? here but, so does the West Coast, Midwest and East Coast, u gotta have the good with the bad.

This.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hop Hip has always been.

^^^^^^pass the crackpipe when you're done
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    ^^^^^^pass the crackpipe when you're done

just keeping it real dude.
    NYs best rappers is also the games most commerical.
    Dude glorifies drug dealing which is a lifestyle he dont live anymore.
    That tends to be what majority of NY rappers do.
    Rap a life they didnt live and thats killing the game.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jay is far from being the cancer.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    That's what make's Hip Hop so unique, every region has it's own style.

Pay attention T/S
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    t/s is lying
    you ain't no south ?
    ? you worried what's takin up space in a ? 's ipod for?
    that's some up north hatred you got seeping out of your post, ?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mane ? ny, ion give no damn...? hip hop...? i hop wit my feet...
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? any wack rapper, from wayne to mims to e-40. The south just happens to have the highest concentration of wack rappers.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It would be great if rappers from both areas could put each other on in their respective regions. There have some unlikely collabos , to name a few UGK's "Next Up" with Big Daddy Kane & Kool G Rap, "Real Women" with Talib Kweli, Outkast's "Skew it on the BBQ" with Raekwon, Kweli's "Country Cousins" with UGK. It would be awesome to hear those songs on the radio.

Co-sign...
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hop Hip has always been.

never heard of that genre before LOL
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    fucc NY and they residents.

? is sweeter than jolly ranchers nh