Withdrawal Method Rivals Condoms… (in Monogamous Relationships)

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Who has used the withdrawal method? What are your results? If this is how you got a 'baby mama' then did you use the pull-out method perfectly?
ABCNews wrote:
The act of withdrawal -- the male pulling out before ? -- is a long controversial method of birth control, one many sex education classes have condemned as risky.

But Jones' findings, based on several studies and data from the Guttmacher Institute , a nonprofit organization focused on sexual and reproductive health where she is a senior research associate, were just the opposite.

Her studies found that in perfect use -- meaning the man pulls out every time -- withdrawal has a 4 percent failure rate, as compared to condoms, which have a 2 percent failure rate.

"But nobody's perfect," said Jones, who published her commentary in the June issue of Contraception magazine.

In typical use, when used consistently and correctly, coitus interruptus and condoms have an 18 and 17 percent failure rate, respectively.

"Although withdrawal may not be as effective as some contraceptive methods, it is substantially more effective than nothing," said the report. "It is also convenient, requires no prior planning and there is no cost involved."

Jones noted that one persistent myth often cited as a drawback to withdrawal -- that there is mobile sperm in pre-? -- is actually contradicted by two studies cited by the National Institutes of Health.

"In two small studies there is no sperm in the fluid," she said. "If the guy has had sex in the last couple of hours is the only way it gets in pre-? . But if you go to the bathroom, it flushes the sperm out."

"Withdrawal gets a bad rap," according to Jones, who urges sex educators and health professionals to discuss the method when teaching about birth control.

More from the article:
ABCNews wrote:
According to the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth, 56 percent of all sexually experienced women rely on withdrawal at some time during their lives. About 82 percent have used the pill and 90 percent a condom.

The Women's Well-Being and Sexuality Study found that 21 percent of younger and more educated women were using withdrawal.

I've only used it with a long term girlfriend before she went on the pill. But it's surprising to see the results considering it's such condemned form of contraception… also known as the 'pull out and pray' method lol.

Link to article

Comments

• dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I stay pullin out, even wit da rubberlino
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My pull out game is mean, cuh....? love goin raw in a clean ? ...
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

this. especially with a ? i wouldnt want to have kids with.

no kids post.
  • mr. mista xxlusive
    mr. mista xxlusive Members Posts: 1,458 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Im with this right chea but I had to practice the push-off method this wkend with one chick. I broke thru the condom just when I was bout to bust and I felt it happening inside of her and just when I was bout to let shots off I push that ? off me while she was riding a ? .
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    pullin out aint hard.. its all about discipline lol

? im 3/3
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    <
    Uses pull out method almost every time. This article makes me feel better.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If ? pullin' out the ? ain't good enough. Cuz when you swimmin' in that ? , ain't NOOOOO kinda pullin' out happening, cuh.
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this. especially with a ? i wouldnt want to have kids with.

no kids post.

With the exception of a few times, I try not to go with a girl I wouldn't want to be with (if the worst happened) at all.

Surprised people aren't surprised themselves with the stats though, I always heard that the pull-out method was highly flawed.
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    <
    Uses pull out method almost every time. This article makes me feel better.

LOL. Lou you dangerous fam! haha
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If ? pullin' out the ? ain't good enough.

Or they probably just don't want any kids. LOL
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    NYCeeCee wrote: »
    Or they probably just don't want any kids. LOL

I done been in ? and my girl was nervous about her maybe missing a pill and my mind said "pull out" but at the end I was just like "? it."
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I done been in ? and my girl was nervous about her maybe missing a pill and my mind said "pull out" but at the end I was just like "? it."

End result?
  • NYCeeCee
    edited November 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    End result?

"Ayo, I hate my baby momma...hoe always asking for money" thread coming soon. ;)
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i use it

never been preggo
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    "Ayo, I hate my baby momma...hoe always asking for money" thread coming soon. ;)

LOL Got it in one...
    i use it

never been preggo

On the real Pico? That's a pretty high success rate given your openness for the love of it all… when they pull out do you let them come between your legs or anything like that? This is purely for interest purposes, 'cos I think that the likeliness of someone getting pregnant when it gets anywhere near down there is probably reasonably high? :unno:
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited November 2011
    Options
    On the real Pico? That's a pretty high success rate given your openness for the love of it all… when they pull out do you let them come between your legs or anything like that? This is purely for interest purposes, 'cos I think that the likeliness of someone getting pregnant when it gets anywhere near down there is probably reasonably high? :unno:

? on the ass usually
    my bf is really good with the pullin out but he eff'd up one time, i just went and got the emergency birth control and it was all good

i wouldnt do this with a new sex partner tho
  • NYCeeCee
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think that the likeliness of someone getting pregnant when it gets anywhere near down there is probably reasonably high? :unno:

LOL, what? Getting pregnant is not as easy as you think it is.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited November 2011
    Options

100% true

? you learn when you grow up
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i use it

never been preggo

Lol yo why you always post in threads that are obviously for dudes...
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? on the ass usually
    my bf is really good with the pullin out but he eff'd up one time, i just went and got the emergency birth control and it was all good

i wouldnt do this with a new sex partner tho

Doesn't that sometimes roll down towards the you-know though?

That's cool, I did it for about a month back in 2005, I don't think I'd go back to using it with a long-term girlfriend though as I think it's kinda reckless in ways… although, I'm now learning that it's actually as safe as using a condom (which don't seem to be all that safe either). I have a friend whose gf got pregnant on the same pill as this other girl who got pregnant at the same time and now that pill is no longer on the market….

I'm beginning to think there's no such thing as safe-sex.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited November 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol yo why you always post in threads that are obviously for dudes...

think long and hard about that...... nh
    Doesn't that sometimes roll down towards the you-know though?

I'm beginning to think there's no such thing as safe-sex.

lol im not letting it sit on my ass and marinate, im wipin with the quickness

cs the safe sex thing tho smh
  • S2J
    edited November 2011
    Options
    think long and hard about that...... nh

Stop. You know what i mean...
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited November 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Stop. You know what i mean...

lmao idk tho, i aint born typical bro
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options

Tell that to someone who got pregnant whilst using a condom etc.

I think we're all naive until it happens to us and then it's like BAM how's that for a reality check?

Think about it, if the sperm reaches anywhere near your opening and considering the fluids that'll already be there (pre-? ), they can swim upstream.

Think about it, pre-? is designed to protect the sperm from your bacteria that'll ? it. Once the pre-? is there and the man pulls out and some of it gets anywhere near there, there is an opening for it to swim up… :unno:
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol im not letting it sit on my ass and marinate, im wipin with the quickness

cs the safe sex thing tho smh

Like really though? You super-fast with the turn around and the baby-wipes at the ready? LOL.

I don't think you're fast enough to be successful at that 100% of the time... :unno:

Co-sign, SMH. There should be a 100% effective way, my friends girl has now had something placed into her arm that does the same thing as the pill, but it makes her put on weight too. And of course, still isn't 100% effective lol.
  • S2J
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lmao idk tho, i aint born typical bro

Right. But yea a homie of mine was tellin a story of how he 'promised' to pull out on a girl, then...didnt...but he just hysterically laughed when he said 'i aint pull out!' lmao...your post reminded me of that...yall have no say in the 'withdrawal' method