Dave and Buster's

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
We dont have one in anchorage. Yet. They just announced that next year sometime we will get one. For all of you people down in the states, is this place cool? do the commercials really make it sound as good as it is??

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yo where is anchorage

and why doesn't it have ?

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    what do yall have in anchorage
    besides mountain oysters
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    We dont have one in anchorage. Yet. They just announced that next year sometime we will get one. For all of you people down in the states, is this place cool? do the commercials really make it sound as good as it is??

ahh alright to me.. had fun once in b-more fresh from iraq got ? as ? and ? with hoes out there. but anyway.. nothing special cuzo.. im trying to go to alska and fight a polar bear to be honest
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    besides mountain oysters

snow...... lots of it i would imagine
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    besides mountain oysters

whorehouses, i heard
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its in Alaska.

we dont got much stuff here because the population isnt high enough. We only have about 300,000 peeps in anchorage and its our biggest city. but because of the economy a lot of people are moving up here looking for work on the oil rigs, but our biggest oil company is moving out of the state soon so theres not gonna be many jobs unless they start drilling in the tundra, but the natives are upset because it might effect the fish and animal life if a BP type accident were to happen. They would be ? because of the harsh winters.

But we are just now getting an olive garden here next month and a Verizon Wireless.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lmao we dont got Mountain Oysters, thats them bull ? aint it?

Its dumb our boats fish and sell a lot to Red Lobster chain, but we dont have a red lobster. theres a lot of stuff we dont have, different clothing stores,

No jack in the box, in and out, white castles, Sonic.

We just got our first Wal Mart SUPER CENTER last year.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Because we dont have a lot of food chains? its a real nice place in the summer. if your into winter sports too its awesome. i do alot of snowboarding and snow machining.
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

i used 2 live there waay back when. do u still got the diamond center?
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They have this drink called the Snow Cone that is delish and the philly eggrolls are good too.

That's going to be the spot in Anchorage. Its a good pre-party spot for me..
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ah thanks kat. i love to pre party.

@iphucq yeah we still got dimond. A lot of the stores are clearing out of there tho. we dont got the sam goody in there, or any music store for that matter. Pretty much all that is at Dimond now is clothes for all the south side skater kids, a pregnant lady store, food everywhere, and gamestop. its connected to a best buy now too. Oh an the military recruiters post up in there as well. We got this new strip mall on eastside by my house now tho that has all the stuff dimond used to have. Everyone goes to downtown or east side ha.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol.. don't hurt yourself. :)
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So basically

Living in Anchorage is like living in 1984

Cool.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    But with a Dividend! its not all that bad i lived in Portland when i was younger and go visit from time to time. ive been to all the restaraunts we dont have so we aint missing out on anything big. But id always see these commercials seeing these people play all these games, with a pitcher of beer. and it just seemed like thats what i was missing in my life.

Just reminds me we got our first Wal Greens in 2009 lol. But thanks to the sarah palin publicity and no work in the states our population is boosting very fast in the last couple of years. Anchorage is on the come up ha
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

@iphucq yeah we still got dimond. A lot of the stores are clearing out of there tho. we dont got the sam goody in there, or any music store for that matter. Pretty much all that is at Dimond now is clothes for all the south side skater kids, a pregnant lady store, food everywhere, and gamestop. its connected to a best buy now too. Oh an the military recruiters post up in there as well. We got this new strip mall on eastside by my house now tho that has all the stuff dimond used to have. Everyone goes to downtown or east side ha.

so yall got 3 malls now.......damn
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so basically

living in anchorage is like living in 1984

cool.

lmaoooo....
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    hopefully you get a big one.

we got one about 30 mins away & i was hella excited cuz before then the closest one was about 2-3 hours. we got there for my friend's bday & the ? couldn't have been bigger than a mcdonald's playplace.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you should move
  • PAPALAS
    PAPALAS Members Posts: 122
    edited November 2011
    Options
    no hating but when the revolution starts u are in a safe place...nobody coming up there...whats a sam goody
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited November 2011
    Options
    there is where here in my city but i have never been, but i do want to soon
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Because we dont have a lot of food chains? its a real nice place in the summer. if your into winter sports too its awesome. i do alot of snowboarding and snow machining.
    damn i would love to hit a mountain there how much to lift tickets and ? run?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like the place. Never went to play the games...just good food...good drink...chill atmosphere.
  • eternalmoney
    eternalmoney Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Did you say Sam Goody?

I haven't seen or heard the name Sam Goody in 10+ years.

They probably still sell cassette tapes up there too then.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    At our big ski resort (its not big compared to whats in the states, but has a nice terrain park, great off trail riding, lots of hidden trails) it goes for about 45 for a day 60 if you wanna do night skiing also. I love night skiing when i went down to oregon last i was shocked that they closed down Mt Bachelor at 5. i was like this is some ? ? haha.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol nahh we got FYE and a few indie music stores. no cassettes just cd and vinyls