Effeminization of the Black Male

Options
Cabana_Da_Don
Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
The first couple minutes of this video is hard to see because it~s very strong.But the rest is just crazy because it makes sense.[video]Effeminization of the Black Male[/video]

Comments

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    this thread gets made every quarter...

i was commin to say the exact same thing.. but ill check out the vid none the less..
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited November 2011
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    i was commin to say the exact same thing.. but ill check out the vid none the less..

Check it out it´s interesting.
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Check it out it´s interesting.

meh.. it was whatever.. that ? called me a ? ! hahahaha
  • traestar
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited November 2011
    Options
    meh.. it was whatever.. that ? called me a ? ! hahahaha

Nobody called nobody a ? b.
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nobody called nobody a ? b.

was a joke my ? ..
    i seen it.. my reaction is still *kanye shrug*

but one thing i never get.. maybe u can help me out..
    how do people know how slaves were treated on the ships... is there some white man's journal floatin around here somewhere that im unaware of??

and also ..we werent stripped from our families.. we were sold..
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nothing effinminizases blacks more than these single mothers..80 percent of african americans problems is right there.Lack of father figures.Thats the big elephant in the room no one talks about..:How you speak on slavery but deadbeat pops and jailbirds?That should be the only issue until its corrected.
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Nothing effinminizases blacks more than these single mothers..80 percent of african americans problems is right there.Lack of father figures.Thats the big elephant in the room no one talks about..:How you speak on slavery but deadbeat pops and jailbirds?That should be the only issue until its corrected.

agreed......
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited November 2011
    Options
    was a joke my ? ..

how do people know how slaves were treated on the ships... is there some white man's journal floatin around here somewhere that im unaware of??

Every captain knows how to write and they have to write a jornal.Thats how they got it.Plus some slaves where muslim they knew how to write and read.
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Every captain knows how to write and they have to write a jornal.Thats how they got it.Plus some slaves where muslim they knew how to write and read.

have u read any of this with ur own eyes??
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    was a joke my ? ..

*facepalm*

yes sir there were tons of journals "floating" around....actually some slaveholders/sellers actually stopped being slaveholders and helped abolitionist/US government stop the slave trade

and we were stripped from our families
  • CapitalB
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    *facepalm*

yes sir there were tons of journals "floating" around....actually some slaveholders/sellers actually stopped being slaveholders and helped abolitionist/US government stop the slave trade

and we were stripped from our families

i know i came off sarcastic..
    but that was a genuine question.. i wanna know where i can read the ? for myself..

and ur saying Africans didnt already have slaves and sold them off..
    that the white man came with nets and conquered the indigenous people and put them on ships??
    and didnt they take the WHOLE family??

^genuine..
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    but that was a genuine question.. i wanna know where i can read the ? for myself..

that the white man came with nets and conquered the indigenous people and put them on ships??

^genuine..

You can start by reading the Slave Narratives...pretty powerful stuff, and will definitely answer some questions you may have. After reading them...I feel that the feminization of the Black Male has been a systematic issue that has been taking place for hundreds of years. It is only with the emergence of the media, and the open acceptance of the "alternative" lifestyle that this is now seen as a social problem.
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hey t/s what's the name of the movie in the documentary. My professor show us a clip in class one time, but I forgot the title.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Deal with it...

Edit: if you light-skinned on top of that you barely making the cut of being recognized as a male
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    platinum thread push
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    gulf coast post.....
  • traestar
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mr.Bocario wrote: »
    Hey t/s what's the name of the movie in the documentary. My professor show us a clip in class one time, but I forgot the title.

Goodbye Uncle Tom and Amistad
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

^genuine..

I'm saying that there were 2 trains of thought, some slave owners believed the best slaves were the ones around families, others thought the best way to cultivate your slaves were to separate them from the families.

so sometimes they were bought as a package deal, sometimes they were bought individually

ain't know if you were serious or not
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited November 2011
    Options
    have u read any of this with ur own eyes??

But it´s true man.The captain of the boat always wrote a jornal.There´s numerous stories of muslim slaves too.Thats just histroy you learn in school.
  • BanjeeFish
    BanjeeFish Members Posts: 308
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Naming it "Effeminization of the Black Male" doesn't seem a good start to any sort of healing process. Why are the trifling ways of a lot of today's males being considered as synonymous with the female sex? It's a shame that the misogynistic/homophobic weirdness will preclude what could be a deep, enlightening discussion.

One question, though. Same question I had the last time I saw this video: Why is it getting worse with time, though? I thought when we know better, we are supposed to do better. This video isn't saying anything new. Why does the black male, today, in general, treat the black female so much worse than he did 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 years ago?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why are the trifling ways of a lot of today's males being considered as synonymous with the female sex?
    I dont know. Ask females, who are the first to say, "you acting like a female" "a lot of you ? are ? " "men are the new ? " whenever they speak of their dislikes of a particular male or his actions.
    So thats not a question you should indirectly throw at males. Females are the main perpetrators of sexism today. If there is any gender bashing going on in society its by far female on male. BY.FAR.

Just look at conversations on domestic violence, divorce, marriage, relationships, ? , child custody, child ? and see who is attacked more when these social ills are addressed. MEN. If anybody needs to be corrected on their sexism it's females. No contest.
    It's a shame that the misogynistic/homophobic weirdness will preclude what could be a deep, enlightening discussion.

A female's idea of a deep discussion is denying provable facts and replying with emotional tirades that end in name calling because instead of adm itting they're wrong (or at the least uninformed) about a particular topic they simply say something to the effect of "well you dont agree with me so you must be ? " "you must hate women" in hopes it will distrract away from the fact that she doesnt know WTF she's talking about.
    BanjeeFish wrote: »
    Why does the black male, today, in general, treat the black female so much worse than he did 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 years ago?
    because you all have proven through your actions and words that you dont deserve to be treated any better. Simple answer for you.