How many of you actually know people with ? /AIDS?

Options
ItsBboy!
ItsBboy! Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
I find these AIDs statistics in the African American community to be scary. Not because we accounted for 44% of all new cases in the U.S. in 2009 despite being 14% of the population, but because I don't know ONE person with ? /AIDS.

How many of you have friends/family with either? Out of all the people you been hangin with for years, do you think anyone is hidin the monster actin like it's all good?

Comments

• Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I met a dude with it in jail..........he had to be about 75 years old
    and he had full blown

I found out because he was talkin a whole bunch of ? in the jail under the courthouse

a ? said he was gon beat his ass if he didnt shut up

he said come on.......I got that monster....you might beat my ass but imma bite the ? out of yo ass

the funniest ? i had seen that day
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Not that I know of...know a few with the herp though.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    One..and that person lives 6 houses down from me..
  • swishers&dank
    swishers&dank Members Posts: 189
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ive known of ppl that were rumored to have it but no one personally..

i have a ? uncle that has friends that have died from it..
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Not that I know of...know a few with the herp though.

lol at all these people with "Cold Sores". I be like......... ? that's herpes.
  • ImWhiteBoyAwesome
    ImWhiteBoyAwesome Members Posts: 229
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I know one guy in his late 30's with ? , which is ? up coz the lil homies from round the way smoke bongs at his house, while I be goin thirsty coz I dont even wanna drink from the same glasses he uses LOL.

He ? too soooo......but he says its from some diseased ? stabbin him with a needle coz he wouldnt give her money. But like I said....he ? too.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I kno two crackheads with it also

and my homeboy daddy and this hoe mama
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    no one........
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited November 2011
    Options
    27. 25 females and 2 males
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oh i like that fox better :)
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I know ? that's died of aids. Couple of classmates, my homeboy brother got it. Another friend of mine brother has it too
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I hope nobody, but here in Bmore you never know.....
  • ItsBboy!
    ItsBboy! Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Anybody even seen someone with it that's straight and still in their prime? Im in my mid-twenties. Never knew one person aaaaalll through college with it. There's no way Im that lucky.

Either the stats are overblown or people don't know/are hiding that ish. When I sit down and think about it the stats really get me paranoid that someone close is gonna blurt it out some day like it was some big secret they were sittin on.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Relatives and associates.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When I was in college the topic of safe sex came up in a class and some girl just casually mentioned her having ? like it was ? bronchitus or something.

It was like a record scratch. My first thought was, "damn ? you gone die smh"
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    When I was in college the topic of safe sex came up in a class and some girl just casually mentioned her having ? like it was ? bronchitus or something.

It was like a record scratch. My first thought was, "damn ? you gone die smh"
    What did she look like though?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    What did she look like though?
    Black and dying is all i remember. ? that sick ? ....wait..actually dont ? her...pleaaase dont ? her
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oh i like that fox better :)

Much respect homie....... By the way epic avi
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    all these babies being born everyday from barebackin........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit (Clay Davis voice).
    mufuckas be walking round wit dat killin me softly ? all day. ? be speed balling raw in random ? off that EBRC ? . Giving random chics that RB Boyfriend Experience.

i have a cousin who's a nurse at Kaiser and she don't go into detail but she's almost paranoid about dating because of the things she sees and dudes she thinks are attractive until she sees them charts. in a way i think those stats are skewed but in a way i don't.

i was best friends with a ? my whole life. I'm talking ? used to come over my house and play with wrestling figures and ? . help my mom/his mom with the groceries, drop by on christmas, at the hospital when his first born dropped, smoked my first blunt with, fist fight and be cool the next day and all that type of close. This ? straight thugged out I seen this ? put in work first hand. I remember one of my other homies asked me "why you hang wit XXXXX, that ? a ? ". I dismissed that ? . Then a couple of years later, somebody else told me to watch old boy cuz he ain't right. I thought they was talking but drugs or gunplay. I remember one day this ? said some suspect ass ? like...if he ? a ? in jail it don't make him ? it make the other ? a ? ...............That ? stuck in my head for years. This ? was leadin an "alternative lifestyle" on the low. This ? livin in a nursing home now and he only like 29. Do the math. ? be keepin hella secrets.
  • Stephen-r
    Stephen-r Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I have no of no one who has this and i count my blessing on that
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    knew a few bcos my moms worked in that "abused women shelter" alotta these bishes were drug addicts
    and i had to go there for lunch alotta times, also knew a few others from the hood but think most of em died
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't believe that blacks are the leaders of h.i.v and aids...(I know this a disease my enemies wish I had). I couldn't hide the monster tho. I was born in February, and I was born with a serious cold. When I was young I almost died from a case of walking pneumonia, and I had scarlet fever once & almost died as a child. Because of it my immune system was weakened and if I catch a regular cold I get real sick. Therefore I do not like to be sick and I watch my health carefully. If I ever caught the bug I wouldn't be able to hide it because my immune system isn't that strong. I would die before 5 years. so trust I watch my health carefully
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't even believe in AIDS for real.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I used to work at a clinic so I have seen people with it. As for knowing anyone personally, no. I have heard of 2 people having it that I've known, but no one I'm close with or that I know for sure has it.
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Chick im currently talking to, Her moms got ? up in drugs back in the day and caught ? from needles apparently. Shame shes a nice lady too