Whats worse being a howdy doody ass Wayne Brady type or a street nugga?

Options
Paul Hate.
Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in AKA Donkey
I honestly dont know whats worse.

I despise both types..I cant say I have much sympathy for street nuggas and I dont condone their actions.But them types of people have no family structure and grew up poor.They were gonna be idiots anyways.

A wayne brady sellout ? is conscious on the decision he makes.So imma have to say they are worse.

Part of me thinks that we need guys like that though..to open doors.Especially in the realm of high education and business.Those are usually the people that are allowed to progress.

The average black dude and the street cat isnt accepted in the boardroom most cases.They prefer sellout,white washed type cats.

What do you think?Who is worse?

Comments

• Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'd rather be Wayne Brady than Tookie.

legal money>>>>>>>>>>death penalty

Well obviously.

Im talking about the mentality tho and the influence on the entire race.Its like you gotta be either or for some people,especially in this country.Where im from,its more inbetween..we tend to hate both type of cats..
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Wayne Brady type "opening doors" is a bad thing. When impressionable youths see that's the way you have to be to 'make it,' it encourages them to follow suit.
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »
    The Wayne Brady type "opening doors" is a bad thing. When impressionable youths see that's the way you have to be to 'make it,' it encourages them to follow suit.

yea but thats usually the person that does breaks the glass ceiling.Its the truth,i dont like it either but its true.

Like if you see an ad with a politician and hes at a cookout and hes chilling playing dominoes and eating ribs and smoking cigs.Just being regurlar as hell.You think people would vote for him?Hell no.

But why can you see a white dude throwing around the football and eating corn and ? in the ad and being a regular white dude and people dont say ? ?

You understand what im saying?Its like in this country you cant be a regular negroe...If you aint street than half these nuggas will call you fake,and if you aint ? and fake acting theres only so far you can go in a proffesional enviorment.

Im sick of the ? .Why I gotta have a "white voice" ? outta here.I speak proper..Id rather be dead then put on a white accent and shuck and jive..? out my face.
  • p-tavern
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The thing is, the people who let the Wayne Brady dude up is only going to let the same type advance as well. The general method for "regular negroes" to make it up there is usually if a WB type has the opportunity to extend his hand down and then actually has the ? to do so. Extending that hand is, in a sense, spiting the whites that let him up there in the first place and can carry foreknown backlash. This usually is a rare case.

An even more rare case is where the WB type sees the err of his ways and then manages to branch off completely independently. He can then extend help to "regular" folks, but its expected that the same forces that kept "regular" dudes from advancing in the first place would see it in their best interest to stop the WB and anyone he attempts to aid before they really get the ball rolling.
  • p-tavern
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There's always 'making it completely independently' from the rip, but that's rare as it takes enormous amounts of skill, luck, and the ability to get past any racial obstacles that would be set to keep them down.

Extraordinary talents that leave no alternative than for the 'powers that be' advance them would be the most rare (outside of some Powerball winning righteous builder type dude which has never happened to my knowledge,) but you have to hope that someone that rare would also have the interest of advancing others in their game plan.

I'm not trying to get too far off the thread topic, though, so I'll let it alone now.
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yea thats another thing.

I think regular cats dont lookout for their own b/c they fear dealing with that street nugga type almost to the same degree non blacks do.Regurlar cats think like this.."Nuggas cant have nothing,they ? "..But that statement is crablike when in itself...

Man,I think street cats need to be marginalized.That whole image has ? up the entire race worldwide from the goons in the south to the yardies in Jamaica.Street cats need to put aside.

Like I said I can never be the white washed dude but he does serve a purpose sometimes..wtf do street nuggas do but make the whole race look bad?
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yea you can do it but it rare and you always gotta comprise..from the President to ? Jay Z.They all comprised in some way..maybe not totally.

The people that dont comprise are eventually cast aside.Muhhomad Ali,50,the oldschool Civil Rights leaders,etc..

Its some ? ..Thers a glass ceiling if you dont whiten up.

Like that example I gave,if you already speak proper english when neccesary,why do you need a "white voice" that ? makes me soo ? angry sometimes.I cant stand when people do that ? ..
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    beein a hater like ts is worse
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    yea but thats usually the person that does breaks the glass ceiling.Its the truth,i dont like it either but its true.

Like if you see an ad with a politician and hes at a cookout and hes chilling playing dominoes and eating ribs and smoking cigs.Just being regurlar as hell.You think people would vote for him?Hell no.

But why can you see a white dude throwing around the football and eating corn and ? in the ad and being a regular white dude and people dont say ? ?

You understand what im saying?Its like in this country you cant be a regular negroe...If you aint street than half these nuggas will call you fake,and if you aint ? and fake acting theres only so far you can go in a proffesional enviorment.

Im sick of the ? .Why I gotta have a "white voice" ? outta here.I speak proper..Id rather be dead then put on a white accent and shuck and jive..? out my face.

you are absolutely ignorant.....

speaking like you have some sense is white washed? what the hell is a regular negroe? white accent? lol....smh

speaking proper english not hot anymore...no wonder our community is in shambles...smh
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you are absolutely ignorant.....

speaking like you have some sense is white washed? what the hell is a regular negroe? white accent? lol....smh

speaking proper english not hot anymore...no wonder our community is in shambles...smh

? ? u cracca capin ?
    homie CLEARLY said that he does talk PROPER, he just sayin he aint finna talk with no white people accent(yes, even if a blacc person talks proper, they still sound different than white people 90% of the time)
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I honestly dont know whats worse.

I despise both types..I cant say I have much sympathy for street nuggas and I dont condone their actions.But them types of people have no family structure and grew up poor.They were gonna be idiots anyways.

A wayne brady sellout ? is conscious on the decision he makes.So imma have to say they are worse.

Part of me thinks that we need guys like that though..to open doors.Especially in the realm of high education and business.Those are usually the people that are allowed to progress.

The average black dude and the street cat isn't accepted in the boardroom most cases.They prefer sellout,white washed type cats.

What do you think?Who is worse?

@ the bolded. & this is where the jealousy come from, when people from the streets are generalized, and then the ones who generalize really meet people from the streets and then they find out it's not true that we are idiots. Oh then the hate comes.. now I get where the hate come from..( I been got it tho)
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It depends. Are they being sincere?

Like a Carlton type ? . Carlton wasn't a ? , he just grew up in a certain world. He considered himself black, his dad was in the struggle, he didn't wanna be white or anything. But he wasn't what I'd call culturally black. As in save skin color, he didn't really have anything in common with the majority of black people. But that wasn't his choice any more than a black person chooses to act how they act. We're all victims of circumstance.

Same with a tookie ass ? . You can't tell a kid who grew up around nothing but crime and despair that there's a better world out there. Where is it? He can't see it. If he has to climb a mountain just to SEE a better world, what does he have to do to actually enter it?

The problem occurs when you have people who sell out who they are for whatever reason. They CHOOSE to be a tookie ass ? . CHOOSE to sell out and soft shoe for white people. You can usually tell the difference. That's how I judge someone as a sell out. They're not true to themselves.
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It depends. Are they being sincere?

Like a Carlton type ? . Carlton wasn't a ? , he just grew up in a certain world. He considered himself black, his dad was in the struggle, he didn't wanna be white or anything. But he wasn't what I'd call culturally black. As in save skin color, he didn't really have anything in common with the majority of black people. But that wasn't his choice any more than a black person chooses to act how they act. We're all victims of circumstance.

Same with a tookie ass ? . You can't tell a kid who grew up around nothing but crime and despair that there's a better world out there. Where is it? He can't see it. If he has to climb a mountain just to SEE a better world, what does he have to do to actually enter it?

The problem occurs when you have people who sell out who they are for whatever reason. They CHOOSE to be a tookie ass ? . CHOOSE to sell out and soft shoe for white people. You can usually tell the difference. That's how I judge someone as a sell out. They're not true to themselves.

Yea thats different..If you grew up in that enviorment,both parents having diplomas on the wall and deep in the sticks,with nothing but white freinds,youre gonna be one of them carlton cats.Thats just the way you grew up,some people its just in their personality as well.

But lets be honest most of dem make that conscious decision to be on some tap dancing ? ,especially @ work and on campus.
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Real Lady wrote: »
    @ the bolded. & this is where the jealousy come from, when people from the streets are generalized, and then the ones who generalize really meet people from the streets and then they find out it's not true that we are idiots. Oh then the hate comes.. now I get where the hate come from..( I been got it tho)

Street cat dont neccesarily mean criminal.Im talking bout the kids acting savage as hell on the bus just to get attention,the gangbangers that come thru and shoot up a whole block indiscrimantly to prove a point..etc...

Not every person from that enviorment,or even a flat out criminal is a beast but alot are.I keep it real its a family structure issue and a poverty issue,some others choose that lifestyle..
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    zay_24 wrote: »
    ? ? u cracca capin ?
    homie CLEARLY said that he does talk PROPER, he just sayin he aint finna talk with no white people accent(yes, even if a blacc person talks proper, they still sound different than white people 90% of the time)

^he obviously just glanced at the post and the thread..didnt read the whole thing...and youre right..like I said,speaking proper english doesnt equate having a white accent.You know what I mean..
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No contest.

The street guy is the worst. I like wayne Brady types.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    street ? definately
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Acting like the Wayne brady type until u get ur foot in the door>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    As a gentleman, I maintain decorum when needed-- Speech is fairly neutral(dialect) and grammatically correct, and I am not remotely close to White in any way.

You hear me, and you know I'm Black; My mannerisms are Black and so on...
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Acting like the Wayne brady type until u get ur foot in the door>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

^yea unfortunatley thats the way it is...

Im gonna ask another question:Do you think this will ever change?Do you guys personally act this way?(or like a street cat)...
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No contest.

The street guy is the worst. I like wayne Brady types.

^why?Dont you think they are fake?Theyre tap dancing buffons to me...I mean street cats are worse,but they usually were bred to think/act like that.Wayne brady types are shucking and jiving on purpose..most street cats dont know no better...
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^why?Dont you think they are fake?Theyre tap dancing buffons to me...I mean street cats are worse,but they usually were bred to think/act like that.Wayne brady types are shucking and jiving on purpose..most street cats dont know no better...

you obviously dont kno a lot of street ?
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Who knows if Wayne Brady is putting on an "Act" to get where he wants to be
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    you obviously dont kno a lot of street ?

^Yes i do..

What im trynna say is..when you grow up with no father figure or horrible examples of manhood,half the block is and out of jail for a variety of things,drugs,gangs,guns,etc..And theres no real parental guidance there.Theres a big chance you gonan end up doing wrong..

I honestly look at cats like they socially ? ..Dont know how to function in normal enviorments..most cases..I have a small degree of sympathy for them cuz I know they aint too bright and theyre upbringing was ? up.
  • Paul Hate.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Who knows if Wayne Brady is putting on an "Act" to get where he wants to be

^Yeah that happens alot too.I couldnt and would never do it..