ARE "BEATS by DRE" HEADPHONE WORTH THE MONEY?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They are worth every penny. The better question is do you need them. As far as that is concerned, listen to gh0st
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I love my Beats and they look fresh (it matters to me, so what?).. But I can't tell anyone else how to spend they money.
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Maxell Earbuds Walmart $5 FTW...

Not tryin to rock head phones around my neck as a fashion accessory for $200.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yo what about them joints by 50?

20110107-HEADPHONES.jpg

I aint gonna post the article or nothing too lazy but the article i read described this thing real good. I seen DJ premier rockin them at the bet awards with the cyphers n ? , he got rid of them beats headphones
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    SMH...........been through 5 pairs of the earbuds in a year and half.........ranging from £80 - £150 a pop..........they all lost on earphone.
  • Dubber Rucky
    Dubber Rucky Banned Users Posts: 601
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    SMH...........been through 5 pairs of the earbuds in a year and half.........ranging from £80 - £150 a pop..........they all lost on earphone.

you lost for not using the warranty......
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you lost for not using the warranty......

Had 2 pairs on warranty and they ? up to.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Yo what about them joints by 50?

20110107-HEADPHONES.jpg

I aint gonna post the article or nothing too lazy but the article i read described this thing real good. I seen DJ premier rockin them at the bet awards with the cyphers n ? , he got rid of them beats headphones

I don't support anything 50.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    lol @ that graph
    bruh anything below 20 is like non existent in most music
    thats wayy too low

here's some proof

LoL
    why would you want those frequencies amplified so heavily?

taking that into account, the beats have better lows, mids and highs than those sennheisers
    "Bass" is low frequency sound. You said the HD25's "can't reproduce the same bass frequencies that the beats can". However, as the graph shows, it is actually the Beats that fail at reproducing lower "bass" frequencies--which the HD25's are able to reproduce--so your statement is completely false.

And I'm not sure if you posted the wrong videos, but my IEM's/headphones played back everything above 1Hz without issue. I heard something at 1Hz, but it didn't have the same "bassy" feel as 5-100Hz.
  • fiat_money
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You're right. The beats are not reproducing sounds that others are incapable of, rather, just amplifying certain frequency ranges in a far better manner.

pgFNP.png

I tested out the significance of those lower frequencies using a sine bass and several EQs in FL studio
    they're not very significant at all.
    And definitely do not make the headphones better, considering the beats have better response in the upper-low frequencies, as well as the lower & upper mid and high frequencies.
    Frequency response graphs best serve for determining range and amplitude of produced sound, not the overall sound quality. So, while the Beats may produce louder sound, this doesn't mean the sound is better.

This is why in practice, the Beats bass is bloated, the mids drowned, and the treble lacking; when compared to headphones such as the HD25's.
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Regardless how good these Dre headphones may sound im not paying that much for no headphones.

Ive been bumpin these Dell XPS earbuds I've had since 2007. These joints work great. The most I have or ever will pay for some headphones is 30 bucks and that was back when the Sony Studio Monitors and those Koss joints was poppin back in the day.
  • fiat_money
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The graph clearly shows the mids are not drowned.
    they're actually just under the bass amplitude
    That graph show the amplitude of the frequency range referred to as "mids", not the relative audibility of the frequency range referred to as "mids" when being produced along with the frequency range referred to as "bass"; which is when the "drowning" occurs.

Something can't be drowned by itself; something else, such as water (for people) or--in this case--bloated bass is necessary.

Music is produced at multiple frequencies at once, it is how this combination sounds that determines quality.

This is why I said frequency response graphs can't really be used to determine overall sound quality.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Monster is the same company that will sell you an 3 foot HDMI cable for 85 ? dollars.

and you idiots are too stupid to realize that all them bells and whistles that come on them ? Beats come on some reasonably priced Radio Shack joint's

Word. Bose fit into this category as well, they ride their name more than their sound.

Sennheiser are the ? 's. Just look up any audiophile website.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    no. they are not...

and anybody spending $200-$400 on earphones that are not professionally in the music biz needs their ass kicked...

people are ? sheep

it's a fashion statement.... trendy ? ..."it's makes you cool"

I been spending top dollar on quality headphones and folks clown....saying it's wasted money

But let a celebrity or athlete put their name on it THAN it's acceptable

FOH

Reminds me back in high school I was rocking them big rim eye glasses (for near sightnesss)

it's was "nerdy"...

yet a "star" does it everybody in they momma want to be "nerds"
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    people are are ? sheep

it's fashion statement.... trendy ? ..."it's makes you cool"

I been spending top dollar on quality headphones and folks clown....saying it's wasted money

But let a celebrity or athlete put their name on it THAN it's acceptable

FOH

Even back in high school I was rocking them big rim eye glasses (for my near sightnesss)

it's was "nerdy"...

yet a "star" does it everybody in they momma want to be "nerds

Life and time's of a trend setter not in the know.

It's the shame of our society that there are so many sheep. It's such a shame, I get called a *nerd* from time to time for my interest in Anime… but it's just the unknown that people fear. Sit them down to watch it and they slowly sink into silence. Eden of the East is a great show!!!
  • a.mann
    edited December 2011
    Options
    hahaha
    them ? were ugly then and are ugly now

don't let me start on that atrocious Coogi and even some of them Jordans ( yes hurting feeelings)
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Options
    anime is nerdy
    accept it nerd

i've already learned to deal with it
    *starts up starcraft*

Hahaha, I will happily call myself a nerd, but in reality, it's only because it's not the social norm. Those story lines are better than reality TV.
  • a.mann
    edited December 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Life and time's of a trend setter not in the know.

It's the shame of our society that there are so many sheep. It's such a shame, I get called a *nerd* from time to time for my interest in Anime… but it's just the unknown that people fear. Sit them down to watch it and they slowly sink into silence. Eden of the East is a great show!!!

let it be known that Drake, Wayne or Lebron be checking for Anime

the demend would be so high than Nexflix could not keep them in stock......lol

but's that cool, cuz not that I make a intentional effort , but I'll probably stop checking for it
    if the masses suddenly hop on the genre cuz so-so said it was "cool"
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    let it be known that Drake, Wayne or Lebron be checking for Anime

the demend would be so high than Nexflix could not keep them in stock......lol

but's that cool, cuz not that I make a intentional effort , but I'll probably stop checking for it
    if the masses suddenly hop on the genre cuz so-so said it was "cool"

Hence why I've seen you in The Essence lol.

I don't necessarily coincide with this though as someone has to switch it up to become commercially viable… I don't think outlandish ish definitely hits the masses… I'm sure there's an example of this, but I can't think of one… it would probably be Miyazaki's films that would become popular anyway… but definitely like in ways that not everyone loves what you love, although for social purposes it would be nice at times, as other conversations can get a little bit dull… hence me always following a hip hop forum… wouldn't if I had friends into hip hop (underground).
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think them shyts run like 200 on up and im sure u can find some on sale, but are they worth the price tag?.. Them shyts cost much as an ipod~
    ? ! Them ? better open a damn portal to another dimension for that much.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No, I can't pay that much for some headphones. That's a small car payment smh. I have some Skull Candy bass-earphones that I bought for $30 and they're good enough.....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options