Let's say you were born BEFORE year 1 AD

Options
beenwize
beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Lets pretend that right now at this moment we are living BEFORE the year 1 A.D.

There is NO New Testament and all you have is a Hebrew Old Testament and hundreds of other religions from around the world.

Considering the fact that the Hebrew Old Testament never mentions a doctrine of eternal life or eternal hell fire how would you feel?

And wouldn't you feel that such a doctrine that comes out hundreds of years after your death is kind of suspicious?

Comments

• beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    keep in mind that the new testament wasn't formed and printed until well after 4th century A.D.

So really this concept of Heaven and Hell is still a fairly new concept to the world through Biblical books.

Does this seem suspicious considering the long history of earth?

why would we get a doctrine of heaven and hell and the ppl that live for thousands of years b4 us not have this doctrine?
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    To black hebrew israelites why weren't Israelites given this doctrine in Ancient Egypt, Ancient Babylon and etc?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They won't play along my dude. They think if they are even "hypothetical" about it they'll go to hell.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    They won't play along my dude. They think if they are even "hypothetical" about it they'll go to hell.

i agree they have been brainwashed and told not to question Biblical scripture... but what is your answer to the question?

how would u feel if there was no mention of heaven or hell for your life but then there is one hundreds of years after your death?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    To black hebrew israelites why weren't Israelites given this doctrine in Ancient Egypt, Ancient Babylon and etc?

your answered your own questions judah-7, trying to be smart and Yah keep putting them spirits on you, i told you about Shaul ect... and your haunted ass kept screaming your head off like a demon.

try to change your name and ? , but you cant change those spirits
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    your answered your own questions judah-7, trying to be smart and Yah keep putting them spirits on you, i told you about Shaul ect... and your haunted ass kept screaming your head off like a demon.

wow i asked a simple question now this brainwashed christian nutcase claims i'm a demon?

lol if u can't answer the question them step out of the thread.PEACE
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'd probably still be an atheist, so it's cool
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I think there is so much more to consider about being born before 1 AD than just what "Testament" is accepted. Who is to say that if given the chance to live in that time that anybody would come to the exact same conclusions about they believe or not believe. You (as well as I) definitely wouldn't have the advantages of technologies for communication...or in my case I couldn't hide behind my avatar and act all big and bad hoping no one finds out I'm just a nobody.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I think there is so much more to consider about being born before 1 AD than just what "Testament" is accepted. Who is to say that if given the chance to live in that time that anybody would come to the exact same conclusions about they believe or not believe. You (as well as I) definitely wouldn't have the advantages of technologies for communication...or in my case I couldn't hide behind my avatar and act all big and bad hoping no one finds out I'm just a nobody.

lol but if u lived BEFORE any new testament was written and all u had was a hebrew old testament how would u feel knowing that your book does not teach heaven or hell?

*pretend that right now at this moment we are living before year 1 a.d. and there is no new testament, no quran, and no internet. how would u know to live your life any sort of way if u had never been taught about a heaven or hell?
  • alissowack
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol but if u lived BEFORE any new testament was written and all u had was a hebrew old testament how would u feel knowing that your book does not teach heaven or hell?

*pretend that right now at this moment we are living before year 1 a.d. and there is no new testament, no quran, and no internet. how would u know to live your life any sort of way if u had never been taught about a heaven or hell?

...but, you also have to consider that we don't have the same mindset going into this. For all we know, I may end up being a ? or thief during that time. I may not even be interested in the "holy" things and look at teachers of the law as people giving lip service to a cause I don't support. Or, I could be a false prophet leading people astray; spreading a message that divides people against each other. Or...I don't even live long enough to even be given a chance to be taught.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ...but, you also have to consider that we don't have the same mindset going into this. For all we know, I may end up being a ? or thief during that time. I may not even be interested in the "holy" things and look at teachers of the law as people giving lip service to a cause I don't support. Or, I could be a false prophet leading people astray; spreading a message that divides people against each other. Or...I don't even live long enough to even be given a chance to be taught.

lol forget all the add on thoughts and answer the question?

think that if right now at this very moment there is NO new testament and u only have a old testament that dos not teach a heaven or hell so how could u prepare for something u have never been informed about?

don't be afraid!
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you were born before 1 CE, you would probably not have been born anywhere near the Jews and their religion. You would probably be part of a polytheist culture somewhere in Asia. I could be mistaken, but I think that was the most populated area at the time.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you were born before 1 CE, you would probably not have been born anywhere near the Jews and their religion. You would probably be part of a polytheist culture somewhere in Asia. I could be mistaken, but I think that was the most populated area at the time.

correct, now lets say u were a jew and or u followed the hebrew old testament... how then would could u live your life in such a way to prepare for a heaven or hell when u never were taught to believe in such a thing?

wouldn't it be odd/suspicious that u were never taught such a thing but your descendants hundreds of centuries later are taught such a thing?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How would I know what my future descendents did at all, stupid?
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How would I know what my future descendents did at all, stupid?

do u not understand the question?

it is concerning YOUR OWN life... u are living and none of your so called holy books teach of heaven or hell. how then would it be possible for u to live your life based on going somewhere u don't know exist?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    worrying about other mens emotions = bbq LAUCE
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Never caught on to that....

beenwize=Judah 7
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    nobody can answer the question?

that's what happens wen u have mind controlled ppl that don't bother to research their belief lol.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

u guessed correct my friend! lol

they are scared to research and question there belief.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options

yes but to be fair .... if no heaven or hell was taught then we wouldnt feel any kind of way because there would be nothing to go off of

ppl would prolly think that anything bad that happens is ? punishing them ...... kinda like right now LOL

dont get it twisted tho .... i see what youre doing
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yes but to be fair .... if no heaven or hell was taught then we wouldnt feel any kind of way because there would be nothing to go off of

ppl would prolly think that anything bad that happens is ? punishing them ...... kinda like right now LOL

dont get it twisted tho .... i see what youre doing

i feel u.

trying to get ppl to "think" outside the box... ppl need to wake up and question all of these religions that they believe in.

just look at the ancient egyptian or ancient sumerian civilization which spanned over thousands of years. why would ? bypass those ppl the doctrine of heaven and hell? lol

we tend to think we are the most important ppl and that ? has given only us the gift of salvation but he forgot about the billions upon billions of the ancients that lived before the modern day bible came.
  • alissowack
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol forget all the add on thoughts and answer the question?

think that if right now at this very moment there is NO new testament and u only have a old testament that dos not teach a heaven or hell so how could u prepare for something u have never been informed about?

don't be afraid!

What's wrong with being afraid...for fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.

Though there is a "seriousness" to these add-ons I suggested, I will try to answer the question. If I am able to take my present mindset back with me before 1 AD, I would still feel that there is a place where the godly are called and a place where the wicked are condemned.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What's wrong with being afraid...for fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.

Though there is a "seriousness" to these add-ons I suggested, I will try to answer the question. If I am able to take my present mindset back with me before 1 AD, I would still feel that there is a place where the godly are called and a place where the wicked are condemned.

u don't have to take your mind back anywhere... just pretend u are living now and all u have is the old testament and there is no new testament formed. if there is a heaven and hell why wouldn't this be stated in the Old Testament since billions have lived prior to the new testament??

*keep in mind that there were billions upon billions that lived and walked the earth before anybody formed a new testament which comes with a doctrine of eternal life in heaven or eternal torments in hell.
  • alissowack
    edited December 2011
    Options
    u don't have to take your mind back anywhere... just pretend u are living now and all u have is the old testament and there is no new testament formed. if there is a heaven and hell why wouldn't this be stated in the Old Testament since billions have lived prior to the new testament??

*keep in mind that there were billions upon billions that lived and walked the earth before anybody formed a new testament which comes with a doctrine of eternal life in heaven or eternal torments in hell.

Well, has the doctrine of Heaven and Hell been introduced before I got a hold of the Old Testament? For if it hasn't, then it doesn't matter.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well, has the doctrine of Heaven and Hell been introduced before I got a hold of the Old Testament? For if it hasn't, then it doesn't matter.

exactly... which is similar to there being a book produced many centuries into the future with a doctrine of believe on the name of such and such or face boiling hot water for an eternity after death.

lol