Options

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Bret Hart - Greatest of all time
    HBK - the show stopper enough said
    Taker - the greatest big man perhaps the second most popular big man in the history of wrestling behind Andre
    Hulk Hogan - The Biggest name ever in Wrestling
    Macho Man - always seemed to be in Hulks shadow but was almost just as popular, def the better wrestler
    Ric Flair - dont even have to say anything
    Sting - icon...the biggest name in wrestling no created by WWF
    Stone Cold - took the business to new heights perhaps the biggest name in the late 90's
    The Rock - some what Stone colds Macho man, Austin was 1a rock was 1b
    Dynamite Kid/ Chris Benoit - Most aggressive wrestler ever every move was executed with passion made every move they did seem like it legitimately hurt!
    Curt "Mr Perfect" - the name said it all Perfect everything was executed smooth and perfect
    Davey Boy - one of the most strong men that could actually wrestle
    Kurt Angle - could wrestle u on the mat or take it to the top rope

no order just naming names
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    d-lo is that ? !!

although not enough to be on a list like this, his opinion tho
  • hiphophova
    hiphophova Members Posts: 710
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you guys cant be serious Cody Rhodes is a student of wrestling he knows what makes a Wrestler stand out and puts unique mannerism into his ring performance, he got bursted onto the limelight far to early but look at his Mask-Gimmick that was great. Him, Ted Dibiase and Randy Orton got raised in wrestling they know their ? inside out and not fans of pop culture wrestling like the Rock like Miz is.

Them dudes take pride in their look and abilities, i see them as all future HOF but writting and booking in 2011 has been ? .

Bret Hart said 'Mr.Perfect is the most gifted guy his been in the ring with' ... Mr.Perfect took the great HBK and others under his wing, he is one of the most loved heels ever and he would go hard at the babyface even in losses he was victorious, him and the brain bobby heenan.

You know wrestling, you got to love Curt Hennig just like you got to love HBK, they embodied superstar althetes and performers.

everyone on my list i would watch just because of them, D-Lo is on there because his shake his head swag and mannerism was geniunely funny in a physco way.

Wrestling is the greatest show ever.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think I'mma compile a separate US, Mexican, and Japanese list, I'm currently reviewing years of footage from 80s - now to make an absolute list.. ? it I might even restart a website after I'm done...
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I can only speak from the mid/late 80's - now
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    hiphophova wrote: »
    you guys cant be serious Cody Rhodes is a student of wrestling he knows what makes a Wrestler stand out and puts unique mannerism into his ring performance, he got bursted onto the limelight far to early but look at his Mask-Gimmick that was great. Him, Ted Dibiase and Randy Orton got raised in wrestling they know their ? inside out and not fans of pop culture wrestling like the Rock like Miz is.

Them dudes take pride in their look and abilities, i see them as all future HOF but writting and booking in 2011 has been ? .

Bret Hart said 'Mr.Perfect is the most gifted guy his been in the ring with' ... Mr.Perfect took the great HBK and others under his wing, he is one of the most loved heels ever and he would go hard at the babyface even in losses he was victorious, him and the brain bobby heenan.

You know wrestling, you got to love Curt Hennig just like you got to love HBK, they embodied superstar althetes and performers.

everyone on my list i would watch just because of them, D-Lo is on there because his shake his head swag and mannerism was geniunely funny in a physco way.

Wrestling is the greatest show ever.
    that mask gimmick ? was wack....and orton and dibiase were raised in wrestling but the rock wasnt?? and u can put d-lo in there based off of swag (wich is ok with me thats just another word for entertainment ability) but the rock is a no go??
  • urhinest
    urhinest Members Posts: 210
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the undermining of Hulk Hogan is completely disrespectful to pro wrestling.

Yall dont realize that w/o Hogan there prolly woulda never been wrestling as we know it.

Anyone that says "hogan wasnt good in the ring" is really jus an ? . An ignoramous. Hogan's gimmick wasnt to be Mr Wrestling. Hogan was supposed to be the draw. The super hero that kept the tickets selling. And ya know what???? He did his damn job. he did his job better than most. Only the Rock and super Cena have a shot at saying they did it as big as Hogan.

buh-lee-dat and respect it
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yeah no doubt Hulk Hogan brought the $$$ to wrestling as well as global recognition
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thats why i cant hate on cena cause cena is the one who draws them crowds
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    as long as the list includes Flair, Sting and RVD....? everything else
  • hiphophova
    edited December 2011
    Options
    that mask gimmick ? was wack....and orton and dibiase were raised in wrestling but the rock wasnt?? and u can put d-lo in there based off of swag (wich is ok with me thats just another word for entertainment ability) but the rock is a no go??

The Mask gimmick from him being dashing cody rhodes to a messed up physco because of the face injury, is one of the character development story lines that have disapeared from wrestling.

Rock is cool but he did more damage than good to wrestling, he bought in the pop crowd cool i am a fan of wrestling. He did promos with the intent to tell jokes and catch phrases, I am from the Jake the Snake promo school where you would legitly put the fear of ? in the opponets ass and have the crowd in awe about how words and passion can be channeled into another human being to raise youself and put the other down so much so you where interested in the outcome.

Dusty Rhodes had great promos but kept that train of thought where you are interested in the outcome, Rock just cut promos to joke and yell catch phrases and gave birth to a bunch of wrestlers who do the exact same ? promos. No jake the snake, early austin promos ... Rock is cool and his on my list but dude is not nearly my favorite wrestler.

Watch the mid 80s stuff and early 90s stuff, thats when you build your personna cut your promos and was that super star.

Who the ? wants to watch The Miz ? and The Rock is his favorite wrestler.

Everyone prefers the more talented CM Punk, and He never liked The Rock.

See my point ?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Anyone (IMO) who DIDNT MAKE A LIST shouldnt be criticizing anyone elses list. Everyone wants to be a critic, but not critiqued themselves. On that note still working on mines.
  • urhinest
    urhinest Members Posts: 210
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Anyone (IMO) who DIDNT MAKE A LIST shouldnt be criticizing anyone elses list. Everyone wants to be a critic, but not critiqued themselves. On that note still working on mines.

I agree with the general consensus of most lists so there is really no big deal of me making a list jus to list the same names. I jus feel that Hulk Hogan gets tooooo much disrespect .
  • hiphophova
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hulk Hogan is a given, he dont need to be even mentioned he is loved by everyone.

Him and McDonalds, where neck and neck in the 80s with that Yellow and Red.

enough said.
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    hiphophova wrote: »
    The Mask gimmick from him being dashing cody rhodes to a messed up physco because of the face injury, is one of the character development story lines that have disapeared from wrestling.

Rock is cool but he did more damage than good to wrestling bought in the pop crowd cool i am a fan of wrestling. He did promos with the intent to tell jokes and catch phrases, I am from the Jake the Snake promo school where you would legitly put the fear of ? in the opponets ass and have the crowd in awe about how words and passion can be channeled into another human being to raise youself and put the other down so much so you where interested in the outcome.

Dusty Rhodes had great promos but kept that train of thought where you are interested in the outcome, Rock just cut promos to joke and yell catch phrases and gave birth to a bunch of wrestlers who do the exact same ? promos. No jake the snake, early austin promos ... Rock is cool and his on my list but dude is not nearly my favorite wrestler.

Watch the mid 80s stuff and early 90s stuff, thats when you build your personna cut your promos and was that super star.

Who the ? wants to watch The Miz ? and The Rock is his favorite wrestler.

ryone prefers the more talented CM Punkd He never liked The Rock.

See my point ?

WTF @ the bolded
    if u dont like the rock fine...but to put him below cm punk and say his promos were just to tell jokes is absurd...as a matter of fact youre whole post is absurd...the crowd hung on to every word of the rock and the jake the snake promos were okay but now where near captavating....and smh @ "put fear of ? in opponets" reallly?

wrestling is all about entertainment...and since the rock is easily the most entertaining on the mic u call him "pop".....and rhodes is a ? wrestler...

ric flair promos >>> jake the snake
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im bout to go watch jake the snake promo
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    WTF @ the bolded
    if u dont like the rock fine...but to put him below cm punk and say his promos were just to tell jokes is absurd...as a matter of fact youre whole post is absurd...the crowd hung on to every word of the rock and the jake the snake promos were okay but now where near captavating....and smh @ "put fear of ? in opponets" reallly?

wrestling is all about entertainment...and since the rock is easily the most entertaining on the mic u call him "pop".....and rhodes is a ? wrestler...

ric flair promos >>>and everybody else, name one wrestler that can take a crowd to the highest emotional level with just one saying with an introduction.

when Flair was interview by Mean Gene Okerlund, All Ric Flair had to do was saY

"WELL MEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (WITH THE CROWD GOING ALONG WITH FLAIR) BY- GAWD- GENE!!"

WITH THE CROWD "WHOOOOOOO", that was it Ric Flair had the crowd where he want and took them to the highest pinnacle and they was eating out his hand, then Flair just kept it going.
  • hiphophova
    edited December 2011
    Options
    WTF @ the bolded

I meant everyone prefers CM Punk to The Miz, and CM Punk was never a Rock fan but thats the Miz's favorite wrestler. I know The Rock is bigger than CM Punk and more favorable.

I still think The Rock's promos are childish and his objective was to seem like an entertainer not a wrestler, at least with Austin he had the passion directed into the opponent with the same brutal aggression. The Rock yell's catch phrases and is catered to kids like John Cena.

Best Promo guys :

1. Jake the Snake
    2. Randy Savage
    3. Pipper/Austin/harley race/ric flair/big poppa pump/etc

The Rock is for nickeledeon audience, most of my list are wrestlers wrestlers.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. Bret Hart (execution second to none Hennig is the only one that challenged him)
    2. HBK (The Kid puts on a ? show man)
    3. Sting (was a freak of nature when he was blond sting, crow character is AMAZING, and he pulled off Joker very well)
    4. Undertaker (The big ? ? used to walk on the ropes while having you in an arm bar, BEAST, the deadman is immortal)
    5. Mr. Perfect (when he perfectplexed The Giant it was absolutely beautiful, my favorite move ever performed)
    6. RiC Flair (The guy just performed)
    7. Ricky Steamboat (Kid could FLY and he was technical as hell)
    8. Hulk Hogan (Great promo's birthed the MUSCLE man persona)
    9. Macho Man (Great Promo's sold nearly as good as flair, could put on a show with anyone)
    10. Rick Rude (The Goat HEEL)
    11. Ted Dibiase (He could have been Flair if it wasn't for flair, less titles, less respect, same skill)
    12. Vader (son was a fantastic heel in WCW, very athletic, great finisher)
    13. CM Punk (kid has so many moved...his skill set is amazing)
    14. Triple H (He is a MONSTERRRR, he is a less athletic, more technical version of Sting)
    15. Ultimate Warrior (gets on this list strictly off the way he ran to the ring full speed to save Hogan at Survivor Series)
    16. Steve Austin (Best Promo's ever WHAT? lol, stunner was beautiful, street fighter mentality and every man's role was GREAT)
    17. Angle (Executed with precision, he and benoit had epic cage matches)
    18. The Giant (When he was an athlete he was a problem, that choke slam was murderous)
    19. Jake the Snake (I used to be afraid of that dude)
    20. Andre The Giant (He was good when he was good and he was HUGE)
    21, Sid (? Sid was a BEAST the scariest big there ever was)
    22. Larry Zabysko (spelling, but kid could straight up GO)
    23. Harley Race (He was that DUDE)
    24. Roddy Piper (when he spoke it was epic, he had good battles with everyone)
    25. Mankind (? is a G he has to make the list. Cactus Jack was a problem, loved when he fought sting)
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1pzbj9ps_zk&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Anyone that doesn't have Hogan, Flair, and the Rock in their top 10, can't be taken serious.

Also, if any of these new dudes (Cena, Orton, Punk etc.) made your list before the 15th mark, your opinion is void.
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    smh ...? got cmpunk ahead of austin, foley and jake the snake and the rock and no where on his list and the ultimate warrios is laughable
  • Copper
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. hulk hogan
    2. ric flair
    3. the rock
    4. bret hart
    5. stone cold
    6. shawn michaels
    7. sting
    8. undertaker
    9. steamboat
    10.gorgeous george

I could flip flop these names all day but I tried to go off of in ring performance, entertainment ability and influence and success

cont..( not in order just my top 20)

jimmy snuka
    macho man
    jake the snake
    rick rude
    andre the giant
    mr perfect
    kurt angle
    ? foley
    RVD
    chris benoit
  • urhinest