What Does It All Mean??

Options
oliverlang
oliverlang Members Posts: 593
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
All of this! Is there a grand scheme? Is there really a meaning to any of this? What's it all about? Is there even a meaning at all? Or is it man's constant attempt to make sense of everything?

Comments

• TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea youll find out soon enough when you get to the next level
  • nusouthorigin
    nusouthorigin Members Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TimroD wrote: »

No I already beat all 8 levels and the star level, all that happens is a stupid little cinema about mario saving the princess.
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    Options

how do you know there is a next level? Could this be the only level?
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    how do you know there is a next level? Could this be the only level?

nope this aint the only level
    the problem is next level you wont really remember this one here, only in the phase between the levels youll know erything
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nope this aint the only level
    the problem is next level you wont really remember this one here, only in the phase between the levels youll know erything

Why is that? And how do you know this to be truth?
  • nusouthorigin
    nusouthorigin Members Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No one can show or prove anything about wat happens after death. NO ONE dead has ever come back to reveal wats there. NO ONE!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't know, and that's why I keep searching.
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't know, and that's why I keep searching.

Do you think you'll ever find "the answer" before you die?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Do you think you'll ever find "the answer" before you die?

Nope, even if there is an answer, its the journey that matters the most.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nope, even if there is an answer, its the journey that matters the most.

co-sign. its the beautiful struggle
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I believe there is meaning to all of this. It's just no one is really in a position to say what it means. We have our beliefs and the rest of our lives is subject to it.
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I believe there is meaning to all of this. It's just no one is really in a position to say what it means. We have our beliefs and the rest of our lives is subject to it.

What is your opinion on the meaning of it all?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I found it, just haven't got there yet.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    All of this! Is there a grand scheme? Is there really a meaning to any of this? What's it all about? Is there even a meaning at all? Or is it man's constant attempt to make sense of everything?

The only one who can tell you what it all means is the Lord Jesus Christ. Just by you even asking this question means that you are on a search for truth. You are tired of all the lies and deception, thus this quest for truth leads to only 1 source. Every path that a person gets on in order to find truth has only 1 ending. "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

Only the Creator can reveal what the grand scheme is to you. Only the Creator can reveal the meaning and purpose of your life. Only the Creator can give you comfort, hope, grace, mercy, and love. If you seek Him, you will find Him. ? bless.

"7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
  • And Step
    edited June 2010
    Options

Only the Creator can reveal what the grand scheme is to you. Only the Creator can reveal the meaning and purpose of your life. Only the Creator can give you comfort, hope, grace, mercy, and love. If you seek Him, you will find Him. ? bless.

OK, then why are you on here trying to convince us of something you have no knowledge of? Your the same cat who says man can't comprehend ? , yet you try to get us acquainted with him. You defeat your own argument.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    OK, then why are you on here trying to convince us of something you have no knowledge of? Your the same cat who says man can't comprehend ? , yet you try to get us acquainted with him. You defeat your own argument.

I guess my post totally flew over your head. But yeah, I do know the meaning, purpose, and scheme of it all. How? Because I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It's only when you are born again that your eyes become clear and your ears become open to the truth. Give your life to Christ and you too will know the deep things of ? . Here goes a glimpse into the glory of ? , read for wisdom, knowledge, instruction, and understanding.

WISDOM FROM THE SPIRIT

1 Corinthians 2

1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of ? . 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of ? . 6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7But we speak the wisdom of ? in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which ? ordained before the world unto our glory: 8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which ? hath prepared for them that love him.
    10But ? hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of ? . 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of ? knoweth no man, but the Spirit of ? . 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of ? ; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of ? . 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of ? : for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

He is much like Bluefalcon in the sense they have in mind what they have in mind and will not veer from that. You will cast pearls before swine to get trampled on and lost with those two.
  • alissowack
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What is your opinion on the meaning of it all?

I believe the meaning of it all transcends what we attach our understandings to. We all believe in something however you can never truly be sure of it until you are put in that place where everything strangely comes together and there is nothing you can do about it. This meaning becomes either like Heaven or like Hell...or even manifested as Heaven or Hell.
  • And Step
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    * * *“Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.”

* * *“Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.”

* * *“People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it- walk.”

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.

Quotes from Ayn Rand.

It's what you do while you are here, that will answer the question why am I here. Which can only be figured out in the end. - ether circa just now.

Who said so?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Life has no single purpose by itself. What is the purpose of a homeless man who is also dying of cancer and has no family support?

What's the purpose of a man with 3 kids, a wife, and a big house that is also a serial killer behind closed doors?

The answer lies within each of these men......and each of you. We create our own purpose to being alive......I'm sure the birds covered with oil and dying a slow, horrific death wonder what it all means......and the answer is harsh......

There is no meaning. We live to live.....we live in a nihilist world. I believe in a life after death personally, but I doubt even our after life will have a purpose or meaning behind it.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There is no need for a meaning

Atleast not what i can describe with words

Everytime I fall back to 'it' by not being indifferent or attach myself at all things man made.

The meaning is clear.
  • alissowack
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    * * *“Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.”

* * *“Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.”

* * *“People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it- walk.”

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.

Quotes from Ayn Rand.

It's what you do while you are here, that will answer the question why am I here. Which can only be figured out in the end. - ether circa just now.

Some people try to find happiness in things that do more harm than good. If may not be morally acceptable to throw your life away to drugs, but it is not going to stop addicts bent on trying to achieve happiness; that maybe the next fix will get them there.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    it doesnt mean anything from a technical perspective... All We do is create this illusionary world to fuel our curiosity.
    We try our best to assemble a comfortable life that makes the most sense to us based off of what we know, while utilizing the resources that we have available.
    Its tough to imagine living in a world without the internet, or intercontinental travel within a day, or horizontal miniature rockets that comes out the barrel of metal objects.
    or knowing about atomic particles and the human Genome project. All these discoveries by MAN.

Either you rolling or you get rolled over.
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    If may not be morally acceptable to throw your life away to drugs, but it is not going to stop addicts bent on trying to achieve happiness; that maybe the next fix will get them there.

You don't think morality is another man-made subjective concept?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    it doesnt mean anything from a technical perspective... All We do is create this illusionary world to fuel our curiosity.
    We try our best to assemble a comfortable life that makes the most sense to us based off of what we know, while utilizing the resources that we have available.
    Its tough to imagine living in a world without the internet, or intercontinental travel within a day, or horizontal miniature rockets that comes out the barrel of metal objects.
    or knowing about atomic particles and the human Genome project. All these discoveries by MAN.

Either you rolling or you get rolled over.

Pretty much.........especially that last part.