Download: J. Reyez - Broken Heart
Blog Post: J. Reyez - Broken Heart

The kid is trying! What do y'all think?

Comments

• Esiam
    Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The first album I'mma dl off of this page...

I like J. Reyez, it's good to see an asian-american rapper there aren't that many of them, Jin is the only one who's sort of famous, I'll let you know what I think of it once I've listened to it
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dude is canadian
  • Esiam
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dude is canadian

Oh... Well he's asian at least, always been for more asians in the media and entertainment business...
  • Esiam
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Alright I've listened through the album now...

It's okay, J Reyez rhyme-scheme is highly limited, perhaps due to his life seemingly being rather uninteresting I mean when you spend multiple songs referencing number of views on youtube and blogs and recording music instead of real life stuff one has to wonder.

With a album/mixtape titled Broken Heart one would assume that there would be alot of emotional songs on the album, but really there isn't, there are some uplifting songs but they barely scratch the surface of a "broken heart", there are some songs though that goes a little deeper than the rest but they don't go as deep as I think they should though.

Anyways the more emotional songs are these:

I guess J Reyez is at his best when he's just messing around and got a good beat backing him up and these would be the best examples of that:

On Have It All it seems like he's trying to do a hit-record on some r&b Drake - Best I Ever Had tip, it works okay, but J Reyez rhymes just aren't hitting the mark and producer makes sure that the song is indeed a hit regardless:

Those are the only true standouts on the album though... And they aren't really that amazing...

But overall 6/10, just a little hotter than a lukewarm album but you don't really have to skip any songs though still after listening to it you probably have forgotten what half of them sounded like

I smell inspirations from Eminem and Drake
  • slur
    slur Members Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh ? this is actually my homie I used to rap with ... then he blew up on youtube lol ...from the same city Im going to give this a listen for sure hopefully its good