Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in IllGaming
do you think games are overpriced

Comments

• afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't think so but i tend to buy used games...
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nah, i remember seeing snes and genesis games for like $70-$80

Games nowadays are cheaper, with the internet you can shop around for deals, take advantage of buy x get x free deals, greatest hits version of games only $30 max and there's the used game market

So in a nutshell, no
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    when you divide 60 bucks by how many hours you play them,its worth it

and by that standard madden 10 cost me .0002 cents an hour
  • ali3n
    ali3n Members Posts: 14
    edited January 2010
    Options
    in estonia we have to pay 100 bucks for game,so hell yeah they are overpriced
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ali3n wrote: »

WTF!!! YOU SON ARE TRIPPIN!!!

In my opinion though, yes most games are. There are a handful of games that are worth the 60 bucks. Sports games are the worst, 60 for a damn sport game is a rip off. Them things should be sold for 30-40 bills first time on the shelves.
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ali3n wrote: »
    Damn you gettin ?
  • BiGG_DuBB 760
    BiGG_DuBB 760 Members Posts: 74
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i bought Warefare new at $65.. i thought that was a lil pricey.. good thing i had a gift card.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Plus most of these games you can play online now so I think it's worth it
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nah, i remember seeing snes and genesis games for like $70-$80

Games nowadays are cheaper, with the internet you can shop around for deals, take advantage of buy x get x free deals, greatest hits version of games only $30 max and there's the used game market

So in a nutshell, no
    Back in the day though, games only came on cartridges, which are notoriously more costly to produce than optical disks. I remember when Resident Evil 2 came out on the N64, that ? was damn near 100 dollars when the PS1 version could be had for 40.

These days though it seems like you are paying more for the game itself when then you were paying more for the materials the game came on.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Back in the day though, games only came on cartridges, which are notoriously more costly to produce than optical disks. I remember when Resident Evil 2 came out on the N64, that ? was damn near 100 dollars when the PS1 version could be had for 40.

These days though it seems like you are paying more for the game itself when then you were paying more for the materials the game came on.

It is understandable with the hours they put into games and how much it costs to produced them but like I said, only a handful are worth it. I ALMOST bought that stupid stupid Rogue Warrior game and man I seen game play and it's PS2 graphics seriously, not to mention game play is horrible. So many people who pre ordered it are so ? , I know a dude who had it on pre order for 4 years.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They should be back to 49.99 by now, I remember PS2 games were 49.99 the first few years then the MSRP dropped to 39.99 we like 3-4 years into this generation