perhaps if i make my own thread youll answer eh?

Options
TheCATthatdidntDIE
TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
so to the christian side i say: where in the bible does it say to spread christianity everywhere, that the common man should impose his beliefs on his fellow man. where does it say to be intolerant of other religions. in the old testament, ? did his own work, in the new testament he sent his son to do his work. so where does it say that you can understand gods work and do it by reading the bible and not having met jesus like the gospels and whatnot. saying your doing gods work is pretentious and even blasphemous.

It is not the common mans place to do the work of ? nor is it the common mans place to spread religion through anything other than people coming to you. btw i think blasphemy might be the wrong word, whats the word im looking for? christians use it everytime they disagree with eachother (or they did) oh yeah, HERESY

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It does say to spread the gospel of Christ. Now the way it was pushed and spoonfed to the masses isnt the way ? would have asked but you know how that goes. The intolerency isnt in the bible, but when ? says you should only worship him people take it too far.

The guys who wrote the book had a great idea as to trying to create a guide on how to live your life, they even included the use of fear to make sure people wouldnt stray from that path. Never in their wildest dreams would they have thought people would end up using the good morals in the book and end up becoming murderous savages to promote it. The people who wrote all these religious books had no idea in the monster they would have created. Thats where religion becomes dangerous, when people fail to realize its US who control our destiny and its US who are on Earth to baby sit the world. When they stop believing in US and start placing everything into the hands of a faith based thing to do our work for US it becomes deadly. When they put all that faith in it and then try to do his work at the same time its even more dangerous.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It does say to spread the gospel of Christ. Now the way it was pushed and spoonfed to the masses isnt the way ? would have asked but you know how that goes. The intolerency isnt in the bible, but when ? says you should only worship him people take it too far.

The guys who wrote the book had a great idea as to trying to create a guide on how to live your life, they even included the use of fear to make sure people wouldnt stray from that path. Never in their wildest dreams would they have thought people would end up using the good morals in the book and end up becoming murderous savages to promote it. The people who wrote all these religious books had no idea in the monster they would have created. Thats where religion becomes dangerous, when people fail to realize its US who control our destiny and its US who are on Earth to baby sit the world. When they stop believing in US and start placing everything into the hands of a faith based thing to do our work for US it becomes deadly. When they put all that faith in it and then try to do his work at the same time its even more dangerous.
    you have seen religulous right?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    you have seen religulous right?

No, people been telling me about it but I never remember to look for it.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No, people been telling me about it but I never remember to look for it.

it says religion must die in order for humanity to survive and that everything that has led up to now has pretty much been a self fullfilling prophecy. ie because we were so afraid of the end of the world, we created atom bombs or whatever and now it is all the closer to happening. plus the guys funny
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh it goes into more than just being a comedic swipe at ? ? I thought it was just Bill Maher makin jokes and running around the world actin like Stephen Dawkins. Before I forget im'a go look for it now and download it, ill watch it sometime tommorow its supposed to rain all day.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh it goes into more than just being a comedic swipe at ? ? I thought it was just Bill Maher makin jokes and running around the world actin like Stephen Dawkins. Before I forget im'a go look for it now and download it, ill watch it sometime tommorow its supposed to rain all day.

its both funny and downright true. a lot of what happens here when religion is questioned happens in that movie (on a grander more humorous scale of course) ie they shut the ? up or quote their biblical scripts. its a funny movie, but not in a huge lmao kinda way
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The Bible does say to share the gospel of Jesus everywhere, but the problem comes when we use it as a means to an end, to obtain a desired result. Not everybody who listens to the message is going to believe and it is not our right to "force" someone to believe...but it happens.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    The Bible does say to share the gospel of Jesus everywhere, but the problem comes when we use it as a means to an end, to obtain a desired result. Not everybody who listens to the message is going to believe and it is not our right to "force" someone to believe...but it happens.

I cant believe the bible would tell someone who barely understands the bible to spread the word. people think they all understand the bible but a lot of people who spread it havent even read it. Its a sad day when people are listening to people who dont even know what they are talking about. reverands ministers and preists? spread the message, i recognize you as proficient enough in your craft to at least listen too. everybody else? go to a seminary or too, then ill listen, till then ill continue cutting you off with logic.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I cant believe the bible would tell someone who barely understands the bible to spread the word. people think they all understand the bible but a lot of people who spread it havent even read it. Its a sad day when people are listening to people who dont even know what they are talking about. reverands ministers and preists? spread the message, i recognize you as proficient enough in your craft to at least listen too. everybody else? go to a seminary or too, then ill listen, till then ill continue cutting you off with logic.

It's not a matter of "understanding". It is a matter of faith. Sure, there is a basis for what is believed but it doesn't mean that in order to be "divine", I have to be in a position to know everything to tell you what the Bible says. If everybody's salvation is dependent on what we "know", then we are hellbound already. We can never know enough to understand forever.