Jesus and the Story Of The Paralyzed Man Who Came Through The Roof

Options
toomy
toomy Members Posts: 369
edited December 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
This is my offering...

When he returned to Capernaum, it became known, after a few days, that he was in a house there; and so many gathered that there was no space before the door and he preached the word to them. They came bringing him a paralytic who was carried aloft by four men. When they could not reach him because of the crowd, they took away the roof from over the place where Jesus was, and when they had made an opening they lowered the bed where the paralytic lay. Jesus seeing their faith said to the paralytic: My child, your sins are forgiven. There were some of the scribes sitting by, and they said to themselves in their hearts: Why does this man talk this way? He blasphemes. Who can forgive what they sins, except ? alone? Jesus knew at once in his mind what they were saying to themselves, and said: Why do you have such thoughts in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic: Your sins are forgiven, or to say: Arise, take up your bed and walk about? But so that you may know that the son of man has authority to forgive sins upon earth- he said to the paralytic: I tell you, rise, take up your bed and go to your house. And the man rose and took up his bed and went out, in the sight of all; so that all were astonished and glorified ? , saying: We have never seen the like.

This action is dedicated to ? .

The root of all suffering and discord is the agitation of the mind caused by selfish desire. The only way to douse the flame of desire is by simultaneously stilling the mind through self-discipline and engaging oneself in a higher form of activity. Dedicate one's actions to ? . This will free the mind and intellect and focus them on the glory of the self. In order to achieve true liberation, it is important to control all mental desires and tendencies. "When a man dwells in his mind on the object of sense, attachment to them is produced. From attachment springs desire and from desire comes anger. From anger arises bewilderment, from bewillderment loss of memory; and from loss of memory, the destruction of intellligence and from the destruction of intelligence he perishes.from the bhagavadgita