Lil' Kim/Ray J throw shots @ Nicki Minaj..Aubrey(Drake) & Nicki respond..

Options

Comments

• _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    are we forgetting that Foxy came out pretty much around the same time Kim did? And Nicki has acknowledged Foxy as an influence...so how is Kim the blueprint, when she had help?

yeah, but foxy wasn''t rocking colored wigs and calling herself a "black barbie". that was kim.

know it's nicki. so it's clear that nicki was heavily influenced by lil kim.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    true but thank me later is just around the corner, plus what better way to energize his female fan base by having nicki's back, you see where im going?

All this hype this chick is getting how she’s the baddest like drake just said where’s her single on the chart? “massive attack” it didn’t even make it on the chart lets call it what is is a flop!who really needs this beef?
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sion, we were clearly talking about Kim's relevancy, because that was the part of your post I bolded, as it was clearly alluding to me. Read it again, and try again.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL at Ray J for being involved in this beef
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes Foxy and Kim did drop around the same time but Foxy wasn't trying to be all "Sexy" wit it, she was trying to be hard like the guys. Biggie was trying to make Kim the "Marolyn Monroe of Hip Hop", his words. And He succeeded in doing that. Kim spit hard like the guys but wasn't trying to rock timbalands and jeans. She was spitting hard wearing dress and skits and ? . That was very influencial cause Hip Hop has always tried to make females not be females. The MC Lytes and Queen Latifahs had to dress hard and spit like dudes. Kim's influence is great cause it was the moment females could be females in Hip Hop and not be like the dudes. Foxy even took from Kim.
  • Reggie80
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol at ray j for being involved in this beef

Anything too keep your name in the mix and I'm not so sure ? will be riding with minaj over kim.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL at Ray J for being involved in this beef

You didn't know, Ray J been ? with Kim for a decade. I'm sure he'? it on occaions also:

http://www.pp2g.tv/vYXl5a3A_.aspx

Ray J featuring Lil Kim - Wait A Minute (Produced by the Neptunes)
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The funny thing is Lil Kim is know around the world, Nicki im sure is know by hiphop fans but not a household name, Kim was on Dancing with the stars or some ? was she not? So how many millions know her just on the strength of that show. Until Nicki gets on that level of mainstream then she will always be a student to kims teacher, as for Drake i could not tell you any of his songs and from what im hearing im not missing anything.
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes Foxy and Kim did drop around the same time but Foxy wasn't trying to be all "Sexy" wit it, she was trying to be hard like the guys. Biggie was trying to make Kim the "Marolyn Monroe of Hip Hop", his words. And He succeeded in doing that. Kim spit hard like the guys but wasn't trying to rock timbalands and jeans. She was spitting hard wearing dress and skits and ? . That was very influencial cause Hip Hop has always tried to make females not be females. The MC Lytes and Queen Latifahs had to dress hard and spit like dudes. Kim's influence is great cause it was the moment females could be females in Hip Hop and not be like the dudes. Foxy even took from Kim.

ever heard of roxanne shante? To say Kim made it acceptable for females to be females in hip hop, you're completely ignoring predecessors.
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    and sion, you haven't been Reason-affiliated long enough to think you can properly critique me and my posts.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    ever heard of roxanne shante? To say Kim made it acceptable for females to be females in hip hop, you're completely ignoring predecessors.

Roxanne was spitting hard like the dudes also. Before Kim, Females weren't wearing desiner cloths and minks while rapping. Females were always put in a box. I understand they had to do what they had to do to get in the game. If you want to be honest, "Salt N Pepa" were really the ones to breakdown the females/male walls as far as Females being females but even them in the beginning had to dress kinda hard. But from a solo standpoint, Kim was the one who revolutionized the ? .
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    im not comparing her relevancy back then to her relevancy now. im saying she never fell off. mc hammer fell off, fat joe fell off, jarule fell off. kim no. shes a legend, theres a difference b/w taking a hiatus b/c u chose too & leavin music b/c of some unfortunate event or w/e. her music content still got critical acclaim, sales dont mean anything. if she did 375k in 2006 wen no rap album except 2 went plat does that mean that kim is on the same tier as a 300+ sales type of artist ? no. & as i said b4 u have a tendency to go off topic. were comparing nicki minaj to lil kim here. as soon as nicki came out whos the first person who came to mind wen u seen her ? in her early songs (b4 she signed w/ wayne which imo i thought nicki sounded much better) whos lyricism can we CLEARLY detect in her rhythm b4 she started to sound like wayne ? kim no ? kim is the blueprint, no other femcee has attained the level of success & acclaim that kim has.

for further clarification please refer to rapmastermind's post. fat joe, foxy & ja cant even get a decent label deal yet Lil Kim effortlessly got a deal w/ Roc Nation & Jay-z's camp. I think that alone speaks for itself.... *shrugs*

Missy has sold the most albums for a female rapper
  • Reggie80
    edited June 2010
    Options
    missy has sold the most albums for a female rapper

True but she not as acclaimed on the mic as kim is.
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    & I backed up my response and stayed on topic. I explained why shes still relevant & never fell off. you continued by saying 'Being relevant NOW has nothing to do with past success.' which is inconsistent in itself,
    then u jumped topic by bringing up Foxy Brown & still me & rapmastermind still backed up our comments.

& i didnt even read the posts above wen i first posted i assumed that most of the posters above me were probably gonna co-sign nicki minaj, i would have highlighted ur post in a post bubble if i was clearly alluding to u, u let ur emotion get the best of u but part of that is coincidence b/c of how it was worded.
    You didn't back up anything. All you said was that Kim had a gold certified album in 05, a proclamation you were clearly wrong about. So how is that supporting anything? Being wrong does not equate to supporting your claims. And I brouht up Foxy because you said Kim was the blueprint. And my question is how is Kim the blueprint, when Foxy was just as influential? If anything, Kim and Foxy did it together.
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But I just did several posts ago (I should say we though).

& that makes u look bad fam b/c if you were that nice then u shouldve sonned me instead of tryna go on tangents, picking parts of my posts that were easier to hit than others & then backing down afterwards.

I quoted the part of your post that was in clear reference to me. Stalling doesn't make you appear any smarter.
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    were goin off on a tangent but ill entertain it a bit more.

foxy & kim arent the same. Kim is the blueprint of wat to do & of wat not to do lol - but real talk 5 mic albums, first to really crossover mainstream & maintain that image, multi plat albums, the epitome of a down ass ? , respect & loyalty, creatively pushed the boundaries for ? femcees, good enuff to still compete w/ the men, was down w/ some of th greatest to do it & is still classy. Foxy havin temper tantrums over weave, getting dropped from her label, legal troubles (multiple lawsuits, prison, etc.) & shes never really been able to overcome those obstacles that have consistently hounded her - kim on the other hand has bended them to her will & made bank off her adversities. Lyrically foxy is meh but sure she did have her success wen she did. In the real world ur judged by how u end things not how u start them. Foxy may be part of nicki's influence but its Kim whose image we relate her too.

As for recieving help.... its naive to think that all of the greats single-handedly pushed themselves to success. tupac wouldnt have been ? w/o suge knight, biggie gave jay the blueprint, even nas helped jay w/ ether, dave grohl used kurt cobain as a springboard, mj & james brown, & u get the point the list goes on. as i said tho in this world ur judged by how u end things not by how u start them. Kim is the blueprint, shes above foxy.

slow down 2pac was a star before he met suge
  • GMANN
    GMANN Members Posts: 29
    edited June 2010
    Options
    that should be the green light for ? to go at ? ass drake, which should be easy. but lil kim gonna tear both of them a new ? . cant wait for the diss record.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lil kim and ray J vs. Drake and nikki minaj's ... I could care less about these acts..

But... Like someone mention, Minaj will never be on lil kims level tho.. Or reach her heights.. Nikki is garbage, seriously..
  • KarolinaKid
    KarolinaKid Members Posts: 203
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lil kim startin to look pathetic i mean she hate on every femcee that starts to ? a lil shine she was dissin remy den wen remy responed she got ghost now she dissin nicki smh rather yall wanna admit it or not nicki would demolish kim she need to realise she aint got big to write for her nomo
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    why is this thread even here...really people care about this...just do not get
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Drake is out of his league. Drake and Nikki should of just shut the hell up and let it be. Everyone know Nikki is just a Lil Kim Clone, biting her style. Drake is just trying to stick up for his label mate, I understand it but Lil Kim rolls with THE GOATS. Drake, Jay was a guest apperence on your 1st album. Well Lil Kim featured Jay as a guest apperence on her 1st album BEFORE HE BLEW UP. And now she's on his label. Again, Drake you are out of your league. Someone tell this guy to fall back before his career is over before it started. Lil Kim getting her swag back, she about to remind these chicks who the Queen is, LOL.

lil-kim-biggie-puffy000x0321x400.jpeg

lilkim.jpg

Classic Pictures Biggie with Both of his Jump Offs and JayZ Posing with the female Jump Off classic...
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Classic Pictures Biggie with Both of his Jump Offs and JayZ Posing with the female Jump Off classic...

Lmao, diddy was biggies jumpoff?
  • badend66
    badend66 Members Posts: 138
    edited June 2010
    Options
    okay I kno the consensus is the Nicki Minaj writes garbage lyrics....

but does Kim even write her own ? ???

Lil Kim actually said that she thought Christina Milian wouldve been a good choice to play her in Notorious and for that I can never take this insecure delusional ? serious or believe that she actually writes her own ?
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't give a ? about female rappers or r&b singers. Shouts out to real ? /pretty boys/rich boys nh. BASED

Damn you a ? just like your ? Lil B....You should think about taking your own life.
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lil%27_Kim_Hard_Core3.jpg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drake & Nikki's Career.