Farrakhan in '98 on his visit to Australia

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Aboriginal misery is shame of Australia, says Farrakhan
By Nadia Jamal,
in the Sydney Morning Herald
16 February 1998

Muslim leader Louis Farrakhan ended his two-day Australian tour with an attack on the Federal Government as "hypocrites" for warning him about racial laws while Aborigines lived in conditions that were "the shame of Australia".

Speaking at his last engagement at Lakemba Mosque yesterday afternoon, Mr Farrakhan, the 64-year-old leader of the Nation of Islam, told hundreds of Muslims he had seen "misery" earlier in the day at Redfern.

"In Redfern today I saw misery," Mr Farrakhan said. "I came from a great country, America. But the shame of America is the native Americans who live on reservations ... and the Aborigines are the shame of Australia."

On being briefed about Australian racial vilification laws by Federal officials in Seoul last week before being granted a limited visa, Mr Farrakhan said: "How nice of you. You told me this was a multicultural, multiracial society and no violent words can be spoken to castigate any group. But a whole group of people are castigated not just by words but by the actions of a Government.

"You hypocrites."

Earlier, Mr Farrakhan, accompanied by a 15-man bodyguard, led his entourage and Imam Tag Al-Hilali, Mufti of Australia, on a midday walk through The Block at Redfern.

He greeted residents in Louis Street and bestowed his blessing on them at their doorsteps. He visited the home of an Aboriginal artist, known by residents as Jimbo Simons.

A small group of Aborigines, many calling him "brother", clapping and offering him words of encouragement, gathered to hear Mr Farrakhan's message at the Tony Mundine gym.

Mr Farrakhan, upset at being dubbed the "Minister of Hate" by his critics, accused the Government of allowing drugs and alcohol to "crush" Aborigines so they could not reclaim their country.

"Here I see the mentality of a Government that would allow the owners of this land, the Aboriginal people of the Earth, to be in this condition when everything you have you took from them," he said.

"The shame of it is that instead of helping Aborigines to realise their full potential as human beings, alcohol and drugs are sent in among a people that are already down, to crush them from ever being able to rise to take their proper place."

Mr Uthman Danish, an Aboriginal Muslim, was part of a group at Lakemba mosque on Saturday who invited Mr Farrakhan to Redfern.

"His visit will heighten awareness of Aboriginal issues in this country," Mr Danish said.

The Islamic minister's wife, Khadijah, trailed her husband. She was accompanied by Tynnetta Muhammad, wife of the founder of the Nation of Islam.

Mrs Muhammad said the group would not be visiting Alice Springs as planned. It left for New Zealand yesterday afternoon.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A shame no one really cares about these people, but yeah, shame on Australia for what they did to those people. They completely stole their land and changed their way of life forever. The white race remains the most evil and vile race of people to ever live.
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm Australian....white Australian.

You can't be sayin all white australians are the devil, coz we didn't ? do the ? ......every generation has a chance to change somethin that they don't like.

My gurl is half Aboriginal, she considers me racist sometimes, I'm not though, it just so happens to be that most aboriginal people I've ever come across in my life are complete and utter ? fuckwits and losers.

They act hard done by (I'm talkin this generation of Aboriginals, not the past), say they aren't treated equally and ? ......? that, they get like twice the money from the government then whites do when they jobless, they get benefits and ? from the government that we white people don't get and all kinds of ? . Its ? .
    Then they want to sit around and drink ? wine in big groups on the street, ask you for a spare smoke and try roll you if you don't give them one. Come on now. They makin more money doin nothin with ya life, gettin ? all the time and high, not lookin for work and then get mad at me coz I won't give you somethin that I earn't when they have their own.

They walk around actin like we owe them ? , ? that noise, each generation is different, I never did them no wrong, they try doin me wrong.
    Only time I've ever been robbed was when I was new to a town and about four 30+ yr old Aboriginals came up to me out of nowhere and were like run your ? , I was like 14 man...took my sony diskman and ? ....wasn't ? I could do.

The majority of them can suck my ? , actin hard done by when they get treated equally if not better then us even when they don't earn their way.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

You can't be sayin all white australians are the devil, coz we didn't ? do the ? ......every generation has a chance to change somethin that they don't like.

My gurl is half Aboriginal, she considers me racist sometimes, I'm not though, it just so happens to be that most aboriginal people I've ever come across in my life are complete and utter ? fuckwits and losers.

They act hard done by (I'm talkin this generation of Aboriginals, not the past), say they aren't treated equally and ? ......? that, they get like twice the money from the government then whites do when they jobless, they get benefits and ? from the government that we white people don't get and all kinds of ? . Its ? .
    Then they want to sit around and drink ? wine in big groups on the street, ask you for a spare smoke and try roll you if you don't give them one. Come on now. They makin more money doin nothin with ya life, gettin ? all the time and high, not lookin for work and then get mad at me coz I won't give you somethin that I earn't when they have their own.

They walk around actin like we owe them ? , ? that noise, each generation is different, I never did them no wrong, they try doin me wrong.
    Only time I've ever been robbed was when I was new to a town and about four 30+ yr old Aboriginals came up to me out of nowhere and were like run your ? , I was like 14 man...took my sony diskman and ? ....wasn't ? I could do.

The majority of them can suck my ? , actin hard done by when they get treated equally if not better then us even when they don't earn their way.

Heard this somewhere before.

Yep. Your a devil.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    im white 2
    i was in australia one time bought weed from an aboriginal guy, chilled with him and some other aboriginal ppl in a park at night
    some of them was crazy callin me names and ? but the guy i bought the weed from said nah he cool so they was cool, talked with em bout racism and that
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited June 2010
    Options

lol oh really
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I stopped reading here
    My gurl is half Aboriginal, she considers me racist sometimes
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I stopped reading here

One of my best mates is Aboriginal too. He doesn't think I'm racist. My girl just gets mad coz she doesn't see it how the majority of us see it, coz he family be some of the actual aboriginals who want to be part of the community and society as a whole.

In fact ? , just the other night, we walked past a bunch actin all hard, callin out ? and a bunch of ? and she stop and looked at me and goes "now i kno what you mean". So it is what it is. I call it how I see it.

It aint my fault.

Fact is, out of say the 100 Aboriginals I've met, 90 of them have been racist ? who are alcoholic, thievin, paint sniffin, wanna be gangstas who aint got ? and blame the white man for it when they just don't want to do anythin else but complain.......
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    One of my best mates is Aboriginal too. He doesn't think I'm racist. My girl just gets mad coz she doesn't see it how the majority of us see it, coz he family be some of the actual aboriginals who want to be part of the community and society as a whole.

In fact ? , just the other night, we walked past a bunch actin all hard, callin out ? and a bunch of ? and she stop and looked at me and goes "now i kno what you mean". So it is what it is. I call it how I see it.

It aint my fault.

Fact is, out of say the 100 Aboriginals I've met, 90 of them have been racist ? who are alcoholic, thievin, paint sniffin, wanna be gangstas who aint got ? and blame the white man for it when they just don't want to do anythin else but complain.......

Awwww, poor white baby......you're mad cuz Aboriginals have a GREAT reason to despise your white ass. What do you expect devil? To steal land and change a people's way of life and get rewarded for it???? LMAO!!!! No wonder white people disgust me. Keep up your attitude devil. White people make me sick. Okay not ALL white people......but the history of white people is certainly disgusting and PATHETIC. There's nothing white people won't do to steal and ? another person's land. Have you no shame, whitey? Any at all?
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Awwww, poor white baby......you're mad cuz Aboriginals have a GREAT reason to despise your white ass. What do you expect devil? To steal land and change a people's way of life and get rewarded for it???? LMAO!!!! No wonder white people disgust me. Keep up your attitude devil. White people make me sick.

I'll keep my attitude coz it's the right attitude to have.

I didn't do them no wrong, I treat any ? equal until he give me reason not too....any ? who can't do that because of race or something that happened hundreds of years ago is lesser then me. Straight up.

I don't owe noone ? . I didn't ask for what happened to happen. You want me to treat you equal? Then be equal.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options

I didn't do them no wrong, I treat any ? equal until he give me reason not too....any ? who can't do that because of race or something that happened hundreds of years ago is lesser then me. Straight up.

I don't owe noone ? . I didn't ask for what happened to happen. You want me to treat you equal? Then be equal.

Whatever you say devil.
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Whatever you say devil.

I got to ask man....Are you seriously sittin there at that computer lookin at me like some sort of racist who think all minorities should be slaves or that I'm elite coz of my skin colour or something? Honestly.

If not, then why the ? are you callin me a devil bro? haha.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited June 2010
    Options

but you aren't competing on an equal footing. you have had centuries to gain an advantage.
    or do you think you don't have an advantage?
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited June 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    but you aren't competing on an equal footing. you have had centuries to gain an advantage.
    or do you think you don't have an advantage?

An advantage? In what? Life? Why? Coz I'm white?

Yeah, maybe, but that's not my fault, thats society as a whole combined front's fault. Thats a world wide problem. It isn't mine.

These people grow up in the same city as me, same schools, they actually get paid to go to school for some ? reason, I didn't, maybe their home lives are different (except I was raised by a single mother, father was an addict and ? ) so what's the difference between me and them except the government pays them to do the ? thats actually expected of us who aren't Aboriginal and then the Aboriginals that I come across act as they do, like they hard done by.

The whole ? backwards man. Its stupid.

You want something? Go get it. Give yourself the oppurtunity to do it, don't just sit around and complain about what happened hundreds of years ago, coz it didn't happen to you and I didn't ? cause it. They just need to stop making excuses now, thats all I'm saying.

The Australia government, actually apologized to the Aboriginal Community as a whole not too long ago for the injustices that were done. What more can we do?
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

Why the ? didnt you tell me you were white!! You aint my friend anymore whitey...I hate you.

I go to Australia often, Im the leader of a ring of aboriginal criminals that traffic discmans and Ipods that we steal from white locals.

We get intoxicated off cheap ? and mug whiteys in the moonlight for their cigaretts & nikes.

I got a mean boomerang game and I can clip a whitey trying to escape our shakedowns from up to 350 kilometers.

Respect my gangsta honkie!
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Awwww, poor white baby......you're mad cuz Aboriginals have a GREAT reason to despise your white ass. What do you expect devil? To steal land and change a people's way of life and get rewarded for it???? LMAO!!!! No wonder white people disgust me. Keep up your attitude devil. White people make me sick. Okay not ALL white people......but the history of white people is certainly disgusting and PATHETIC. There's nothing white people won't do to steal and ? another person's land. Have you no shame, whitey? Any at all?
    My dear brother, fight the righteous fight!

Embrace your hatred, let it give you strength and add fuel to the fire burning inside you.

Google what the the white man did to the Tasmanians.

He is a cold-heated calculating brute that lulls you to sleep under the guise of friendship and then exploits and exterminates you.

Join me brother in the struggle...we need you.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My gurl is half Aboriginal, she considers me racist sometimes,
    So basically the person in your life who knows you better than any of us even knows you're a racist?

Thanks for the confirmation although we didnt really need it.
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So basically the person in your life who knows you better than any of us even knows you're a racist?

Thanks for the confirmation although we didnt really need it.

She also the kind of gurl that when I told her scientists were claimin to have found Noahs Ark said "Did they find animals on it"?

C'mon now.....she just gets offended because she knows how I feel about the aboriginals I see in my day to day life and just coz she's half aboriginal, I'll still say how I feel.
    She gets offended, I don't blame her, she doesn't get it, she thought I had a problem with ALL aboriginals......if that was the case why the ? would I be with her, wouldn't that mean I could end up related to a bunch through marriage at some point?

I don't have a problem with Aboriginals, I have a problem with people who think I owe them some ? and can act a certain way because of it, because of what? Skin colour? Some ? they read in a history book? ? that ? .

Darkskies if you want to go head and label me racist, it's whatever man but you'd just be showin me you a ignorant fool who can't look past this race ? . I treat people how they deserve to be treated by their actions and way of thinking, nothing else.

Hrap, when you want to stop inciting ? for laughs, I wouldn't mind hearing what you actually think about all this discussion man.
  • EvanR12
    EvanR12 Members Posts: 60
    edited June 2010
    Options

The Muslims, South and Central America actually are the ones who bought 95% of the slaves, some of which still have slavery to this day, and you mention none of them. You concentrate on the race that used only 5% of the slaves to manipulate people into hatred against white people. You should be fair and tell the truth if you want to talk about the past. I know you want everyone to hate white people, but Do you have any shame for the fact that black people commit 80% of the murders in this country? You could look in a book and see "Muslims murdered 10000 innocent children, and white people stole a dollar" and you would make a thread saying "Those white devils! they stole a dollar!"
  • KLICHE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    To anyone, I didn't make the thread to create any hate white and or hate black feelings.

Th fact is these people (Aboriginies) were mistreated, immensely. And if the shoe was on the other foot (being white, asian, or whatever background), then that race of people too would be crying foul. There is no way around it. As generations go on, the next WILL hear of the tragedies, horrific tragedies that occurred, and will have some angst towards the race of people that derived from the perpetrators. Just how it is. Can't deny it. As it one way or another it HAS affected many lives, and continues too, with as simply going down to what people say of the story and manipulate their kids into thinking about the other.

point being to me is, I think someone of farrakhans stature was great to have spoken on the issues. And hopefully it is still in the minds of those Aboriginies fortunate e' to all the enough to have heard of him, to strive to be the best they can and pretty say '? that' to all the stereotypes looming over their heads
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I got to ask man....Are you seriously sittin there at that computer lookin at me like some sort of racist who think all minorities should be slaves or that I'm elite coz of my skin colour or something? Honestly.

If not, then why the ? are you callin me a devil bro? haha.

I'm calling you a devil because you are one. Any further questions?
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    My dear brother, fight the righteous fight!

Embrace your hatred, let it give you strength and add fuel to the fire burning inside you.

Google what the the white man did to the Tasmanians.

He is a cold-heated calculating brute that lulls you to sleep under the guise of friendship and then exploits and exterminates you.

Join me brother in the struggle...we need you.

Best believe I know what the most evil race that's ever lived has done to the Tasmanians, and I already know better than to trust white people. LOL, I would be a fool to do so.....I've been blessed to have never been a victim of the white man's hate because frankly, I stay away from whites as often as possible. I'm not like some blacks that feel a strong desire to be involved in every ? thing crackas come up with lol.

I'm in the struggle every day brother, teaching the youth how to be good men and women (although I am FAR from perfect myself, I do my best to be righteous), and spreading knowledge any chance I get. I'm out there, believe that.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Why the ? didnt you tell me you were white!! You aint my friend anymore whitey...I hate you.

I go to Australia often, Im the leader of a ring of aboriginal criminals that traffic discmans and Ipods that we steal from white locals.

We get intoxicated off cheap ? and mug whiteys in the moonlight for their cigaretts & nikes.

I got a mean boomerang game and I can clip a whitey trying to escape our shakedowns from up to 350 kilometers.

Respect my gangsta honkie!

LMAO!!!.........Man H Rap is that Naga.
  • KLICHE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Did you know there was a guy that visited tasmania in the 1940's and was planning to turn Tasmania I KID YOU NOT into a JEWISH state? Yep. Saw it on a documentary and a Jewish lady where I live had heard of it also.. think the guys last name was Kritchley???? I need to double check this one though, forgotten the exact name..
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Did you know there was a guy that visited tasmania in the 1940's and was planning to turn Tasmania I KID YOU NOT into a JEWISH state? Yep. Saw it on a documentary and a Jewish lady where I live had heard of it also.. think the guys last name was Kritchley???? I need to double check this one though, forgotten the exact name..

Are you for real?? Turn an African land into a Jewish one?? Shiiit......them crackas know better than to do ? like that now. Let them pick on the Arabs, ain't nobody setting up no Jewish nation on black land, lol.....

White people are still paying the price for apartheid in South Africa.
  • KLICHE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Are you for real?? Turn an African land into a Jewish one?? Shiiit......them crackas know better than to do ? like that now. Let them pick on the Arabs, ain't nobody setting up no Jewish nation on black land, lol.....

White people are still paying the price for apartheid in South Africa.

??? I think you may have thought i said "TANZANIA"???? It was TASMANIA, the state that is south of Australia. Detached south east of the mainland.