U.S. $$ worthless

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Social Lounge

Watch the video, it's long but I'm sure you guys can find an hour some time in a week to sit down and watch this. (you spend that typing and reading ? )

(basically talking about the value of the US dollar right now and its future, and how other countries want nothing to do w our money. Collapse of the US dollar is eminent and we are screwed.)

Discuss.

No one has any thoughts?

Comments

• VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Also, please don't put this ? in that ? "SL TV Channel" ? , ? gets lost in there. Leave this be.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This was posted already a few months back.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    where at? ......
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Also, please don't put this ? in that ? "SL TV Channel" ? , ? gets lost in there. Leave this be.
    it's going to get lost there if you don't flesh out that OP with some non-video content
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol used to be a strong believer of the inevitable fall of the US dollar, now it's the Euro that will fall first and the whole economic world is doomed, doomed I say!

there have been hundreds of excellent arguments as to why the US dollar and Euro should fall, however every form of logic does not fly in the economic world, in fact forget about all the ? you learned in business school, there are no rational arguments anymore and nobody knows if the Euro and or US dollar will fall, cause by every form of economic logic they both should have fallen ages ago.

? is not happening, and if it does than we're in war
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This was posted awhile back in my old famous thread, "The economy is getting worse". It turns out this Stansburry dude was sued for fraud and lost several times. I will say this though, he is right that the dollar is losing value badly here in America. It seems everything costs more and we have less and less to show for after our paychecks are spent.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This was posted awhile back in my old famous thread, "The economy is getting worse". It turns out this Stansburry dude was sued for fraud and lost several times. I will say this though, he is right that the dollar is losing value badly here in America. It seems everything costs more and we have less and less to show for after our paychecks are spent.

True, I heard about the fraud. Doesn't change the fact his claims are facts and they can be backed up, Mexico already is kickin' US bills out of their country. They're not accepting any US $ out there. Didn't just recently some countries have a meeting w/o us?
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    True, I heard about the fraud. Doesn't change the fact his claims are facts and they can be backed up, Mexico already is kickin' US bills out of their country. They're not accepting any US $ out there. Didn't just recently some countries have a meeting w/o us?

Yeah it's crazy, you know it’s bad when Mexico no longer trusts the dollar.....

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.php/2011/02/03/mexican-government-successfully-sheds-th

The Mexican government had made it clear that they will no longer allow ANY businesses to accept US dollars including American companies regardless of the operation or who is paying in American dollars. That’s right, this means if you’re a US citizen and fly into Mexico for vacation or business your hotel is no longer allowed to exchange cash dollars into pesos at the front desk which was customary up until 2011.

Also in Mexico if you travel to a local bank regardless of the bank name or national origin including HSBC from China which is the fastest growing bank in Mexico you are no longer able to exchange US Dollars for pesos. Only account holders at banks have the option of depositing US Dollars into their bank accounts but this is for deposits only and not exchange and then you have to have a special type of account set up that is more costly. Of course even if you do have a special account that allows you to deposit US dollars your bank will charge you a service free for depositing foreign currency into your account and then probably another service fee for a withdrawal but that’s another issue all together.

---And yes you are right that some nations in the Americas held meetings without us, and this is getting more common now in ways that were unthinkable just 5 years ago. But the dollar is dying, I see it everytime bills go up...the dollar isn't what it used to be! Thanks a lot politicians.....thanks for ? up our future.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Actually, back in 2010...I posted threads on how Brazil, China, and Russia have all abandoned the U.S. dollar, in trade, amongst themselves so....that precursor certainly paves the way for this

Wow!!! Our endless spending on wars and tax cuts for the wealthy are finally biting us in the ass. Sion B get in here bro......something ? up is going on
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    When this actually becomes a reality, we're screwed. People don't believe this can happen.

Gonna be buying gold and silver soon. That will never lose value.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What happened w gold in the 80s and 90s?

Based on Stanberrys research and many others, the conclusion is the same. If we will "bounce back" why are these countries avoiding the US dollar? We are the #1 around the world, it's accepted almost anywhere if not every where. Why is it now they seem to change heart and not ? w it any more?

Something is up. The research being done shows we will not have a cent of value to our money. Money is being printed that's worthless...
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So you don't think, based on experts, that anything will happen to the US dollar? Right now it's just fear and speculation?
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you can exchange the dollar for goods in your country that other ? is stupid to even think about...why does it ? matter? Please explain
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    EX:

When in DET visiting Canada 2-3 years ago, and One dollar exchanged used to get me back $1.60 in Canadian, and it now gets you back $0.90

Wow!! Tells you a lot about where America is today.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was just in Canada. I exchanged 23 U.S. dollars and got back like 18 Canadian Dollars. I'm moving to Toronto in about 2 years.
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sounds no different than any other inflationista or deficit hawk crying doom & gloom.. PASS
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i was born in 92 :(

good to know tho. I was thinkin that we were going to go through something similar to the americans

Pray you will not. America is going through some disastrous times right now. The jobs many people are working in barely pay the bills. Things are not pretty at all here in America these days, the doom and gloom you see about America on the news is very very true. The housing market affected many industries in America and the picture is not pretty here at all. I'm seriously considering making a move to Canada one day myself. America has little to offer me anymore, grateful to have a job but the cost of living here is getting too high. America is on some weak legs now, arthritic, borderline crippled legs. ? is not a joke over here.
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    EX:

When in DET visiting Canada 2-3 years ago, and One dollar exchanged used to get me back $1.60 in Canadian, and it now gets you back $0.90

Ok I get what the threads about now, my bad. I jumped the gun. I was thinking this was a thread with a whole bunch of people ? about the we're not backed by gold thing and the whole economic cycle of doom type ? , but yes the value of our dollar is at an all-time low.

I digress, also how can this be fixed? What can we do to change this?
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ok I get what the threads about now, my bad. I jumped the gun. I was thinking this was a thread with a whole bunch of people ? about the we're not backed by gold thing and the whole economic cycle of doom type ? , but yes the value of our dollar is at an all-time low.

I digress, also how can this be fixed? What can we do to change this?

Little to nothing with the current crop of politicians in office. 15 trillion dollars in debt lol, how can the dollar come back from that? Even if or when the economy comes roaring back, the dollar will still be worth little to nothing in America. 10 or 20k back in the 1950s could buy one a solidly middle class life, now? LOL.......

America's future is ? until govt and private businesses build more affordable housing and give some bailout program to the avg American instead of big banks and corporations. Tax increases on the rich would also help but sadly even that won't trim the deficit much. America is slipping into 3rd world status very fast in many areas, there is a reason 70% of Americans are dissatisfied with the way things are going in this total ? mess of a country right now. I'm tired of the homeless harassing people on the trains and even more tired of people calling my phone and asking me for money so their daughter won't go to bed hungry.
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Little to nothing with the current crop of politicians in office. 15 trillion dollars in debt lol, how can the dollar come back from that? Even if or when the economy comes roaring back, the dollar will still be worth little to nothing in America. 10 or 20k back in the 1950s could buy one a solidly middle class life, now? LOL.......

America's future is ? until govt and private businesses build more affordable housing and give some bailout program to the avg American instead of big banks and corporations. Tax increases on the rich would also help but sadly even that won't trim the deficit much. America is slipping into 3rd world status very fast in many areas, there is a reason 70% of Americans are dissatisfied with the way things are going in this total ? mess of a country right now. I'm tired of the homeless harassing people on the trains and even more tired of people calling my phone and asking me for money so their daughter won't go to bed hungry.

OK my dog, I agree with you.

But listen. How on Earth can we not bail out the banks when most people are in dedt anywhere from 7-20k themselves?
    That money they owe ultimately should be in the bank somewhere. The ? poor fiscal program that we call College or University is the largest problem with our economy right now (not including credit card programs).

But ultimately the issue is that we over consume and someone has talked us into believing that we should BUY things that we can't afford and pay for it later. The whole process of banks is ridiculous, paying 400k over 31 years to own a home is ridiculous. If you don't have that money in the forseeable future you shouldn't be taking a big ass bank loan that's stupidity.Too much opportunity for failure...

But I digress...
    \
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    OK my dog, I agree with you.

But listen. How on Earth can we not bail out the banks when most people are in dedt anywhere from 7-20k themselves?
    That money they owe ultimately should be in the bank somewhere. The ? poor fiscal program that we call College or University is the largest problem with our economy right now (not including credit card programs).

But ultimately the issue is that we over consume and someone has talked us into believing that we should BUY things that we can't afford and pay for it later. The whole process of banks is ridiculous, paying 400k over 31 years to own a home is ridiculous. If you don't have that money in the forseeable future you shouldn't be taking a big ass bank loan that's stupidity.Too much opportunity for failure...

But I digress...
    \

Oh of course some people purchased homes that had no business being involved in home ownership, absolutely. There was lots of irresponsibility on the part of some people who just wanted to brag to their friends about the big house they just bought on their 30k a year salary, or less. But here is the problem, banks and many corporations showed lots of irresponsibility themselves by leading investors into making bad investments, and misleading consumers into bad financial decisions. That's the reason so many companies ended up paying settlements to people, Goldman Sachs being among them. So if banks showed irresponsibility with investors' money and misled homeowners in many cases, why were banks bailed out? If a bailout was necessary, than the American people should have gotten some form of bailout too. Bailing out the rich while the poor and middle class needed one just as much if not more is the height of unfairness. I don't owe much debt, 200 dollars tops to my credit card. But many responsible people were misled and defrauded, and to bail out banks when so many of them misled people is completely unfair. It's the reason Occupy Wall Street became a huge nationwide/worldwide movement, and also the reason Time Magazine named The Protestor the Person of the Year = )

I stand firm and strong with OWS.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tdoto88 wrote: »
    Sounds no different than any other inflationista or deficit hawk crying doom & gloom.. PASS

Inflation is ruining lives all across America......this isn't a joke and it's not doom and gloom. It's reality. Back in the 1960s 10 gs a year could buy you a nice, lower middle class life. 10gs a year now in America? LOL......forget about it. People are robbing and stealing everything they can because the dollar doesn't go far in America these days. Desperate people are doing desperate things out here, ? isn't a joke. The more people think inflation is nothing, the less they realize how much they're being screwed by the govt. Inflation is a deadly threat, and I'm no fan of Ron Paul (although he is a very intelligent man on many issues)
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Inflation is ruining lives all across America......this isn't a joke and it's not doom and gloom. It's reality. Back in the 1960s 10 gs a year could buy you a nice, lower middle class life. 10gs a year now in America? LOL......forget about it. People are robbing and stealing everything they can because the dollar doesn't go far in America these days. Desperate people are doing desperate things out here, ? isn't a joke. The more people think inflation is nothing, the less they realize how much they're being screwed by the govt. Inflation is a deadly threat, and I'm no fan of Ron Paul (although he is a very intelligent man on many issues)

Like i said "doom & gloom" lol. Now are ppl goong through hard times? Yes, due to a lack of employment. Are "People are robbing and stealing everything they can because the dollar doesn't go far in America these days"?? No. (As a sidenote I'd love for you to link me to a credible article in which someone claimed they robbed and/or stole bc of inflation)... Especially if headline AND core inflation are both below 3% ( http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=3Ss ) or this link if the first one isnt working ---> http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=3Ss). the difference between CPI & CPI (less food & energy) is less than 2% ----> http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=3Sv .... Even the 5yr breakeven (which is the difference between TIPS & nominal treasury bonds) is about 1.9%.... So yes this video is a joke; nothing more than an Austrian screaming ïnflätiön!! Dollar debasement!! Buy gold now (which is declining in value as noted earlier)!!!!

Even though the funny thing is we could actually use some modest increase in inflaton by way of wage increases (i can hear the inflationistas howling as i type this)
  • evoljeanyes
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh of course some people purchased homes that had no business being involved in home ownership, absolutely. There was lots of irresponsibility on the part of some people who just wanted to brag to their friends about the big house they just bought on their 30k a year salary, or less. But here is the problem, banks and many corporations showed lots of irresponsibility themselves by leading investors into making bad investments, and misleading consumers into bad financial decisions. That's the reason so many companies ended up paying settlements to people, Goldman Sachs being among them. So if banks showed irresponsibility with investors' money and misled homeowners in many cases, why were banks bailed out? If a bailout was necessary, than the American people should have gotten some form of bailout too. Bailing out the rich while the poor and middle class needed one just as much if not more is the height of unfairness. I don't owe much debt, 200 dollars tops to my credit card. But many responsible people were misled and defrauded, and to bail out banks when so many of them misled people is completely unfair. It's the reason Occupy Wall Street became a huge nationwide/worldwide movement, and also the reason Time Magazine named The Protestor the Person of the Year = )

I stand firm and strong with OWS.

You made some great ass points. And I appreciate you having this conversation with me...

My point is that I think the fundamental different between Dems and Reps right now is that the dems want to teach us better how to manage our money put it back in our hands and hope they we delegate it properly this time around in hopes that the system doesn't crumble. The republicans are like man "? them folks" they have their chance they over spend, they are under educated, and they have been highly influenced by pop culture, so they will never save anything, they want to look the part" Neither of those arguments are invalid. Also if you're intelligent enough (as you seem to be) then you won't allow people to tell you how to distribute your money. (You feel me) Dog I applaud you for being only 200 bucks in debt. Let me ask you a question and i mean this respectfully bruh I promise, but did you go to college? (I ask because of your limited amount of debt, its not me questioning your intellect). Occupy Wall Street is cool, WS needs to accept some responsibility. But we also need to be strong enough to make our own decisions. You feel me. The argument could go either way. There is just too much blame placed on politicians I believe. That's why I usually end up taking their sides.

Responsibility is on both ends...we need to get together to clean this mess up and not be waiting for Barack to do it for us, because he can't if we're going to continue spending irresponsibly
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tdoto88 wrote: »
    Like i said "doom & gloom" lol. Now are ppl goong through hard times? Yes, due to a lack of employment. Are "People are robbing and stealing everything they can because the dollar doesn't go far in America these days"?? No. (As a sidenote I'd love for you to link me to a credible article in which someone claimed they robbed and/or stole bc of inflation)... Especially if headline AND core inflation are both below 3% ( http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=3Ss ) or this link if the first one isnt working ---> http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=3Ss). the difference between CPI & CPI (less food & energy) is less than 2% ----> http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=3Sv .... Even the 5yr breakeven (which is the difference between TIPS & nominal treasury bonds) is about 1.9%.... So yes this video is a joke; nothing more than an Austrian screaming ïnflätiön!! Dollar debasement!! Buy gold now (which is declining in value as noted earlier)!!!!

Even though the funny thing is we could actually use some modest increase in inflaton by way of wage increases (i can hear the inflationistas howling as i type this)

Inflation being below 3% now is only showing some of the picture. The bigger part of the picture is inflation and its effect on the dollar in America since the 1970s and 80s. When Reagan blew up the deficit thanks to irresponsible tax cuts and ridiculous defense spending, the dollar began losing its purchasing power. America in the 80s went from being the biggest lender of money to being the biggest borrower. That has had dramatic and disastrous effects on Americans, since the dollar now in America isn't worth very much. Most presidents since Reagan have only contributed to the problem due to continuing endless wars and stupid tax cuts for the rich that only help further bankrupt the nation. The video may be a joke in some ways, true.....but it's overall message is on point and that is the dollar isn't what it used to be. Even people who are employed are having a hard time in this economy. Why? Because a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to. Today, half of all Americans are now low income or in poverty. That is a devastating stat on America's behalf, much of it attributable to the dying breaths of the American dollar in America. Some here have said the dollar in Canada doesn't exchange well like it used to be. Ask yourself why....this isn't just doom and gloom, this is reality. There's a reason Americans hate Congress and DC right now.