Hav you ever thougt about startin your own religion?

Options
TimroD
TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
i mean what do you really need to start a religion?
and was christianity the only religion that started of with its own messiah?

Comments

• TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Scientology, etc

already being done
  • LordInfamus
    LordInfamus Members Posts: 22
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You seen the Fam Guy episode when Peter tried to start the religion of the Fonz.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I actually said to my sister some time back, hey i should start a religion or be a guru, had long hair, no hair cut in 2 years and said if I wore an orange robe or something could just do it.. she laughed and said, you'll go to hell for that.. I said what about the financial gain, don't have to work a real job, get funded, and she said again you'll go to hell for that and we just laughed lol
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thought about it before. If I was up for taking on the curse of the gospel of ? I'd probably do it.

I'd much rather slide down a razor blade sliding board though.

Anyways, starting your own religion isn't hard at all. People do that all day.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i thought about it as a way to make some bank, but never thought about it again.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Made a push for Ollieism, (The gospels of Lord Kevin Ollie for those unaware of our one true ? ). Had the Quollie written and everything, waiting for the publishing company to OK it. Next step is to get a license to open up a Kevin Ollie church.