serious question about religion...help me out

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
now i dont claim to have read and memorized the bible but i have always heard of sayings in the texts that says something like "obey me or burn in hell" and "dont pray to any other ? " or you wont be blessed,

does any other religion give these sort of threats to have people follow? and why is it...that ? hears your prayers but you really have to turn your life over to him to have the wishes granted and they still come when hes ready.

so because most of the US and europe follows christianity or some form of it... is this the reason the countries are so "blessed" with possesions and the japanese got bombed for praying to budda and hinduism...china is poor becuase of their beliefs and africa because of their beliefs...

help me understand

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No the bible isnt the only ? who displays his ego on a large scale bases and has massive female tendencies.

Yes other religions threaten people with a hell like enviorment and/or just completely making you dissapear forever. And yes every ? in todays major religions requires you to turn your life over to him. Its a ? and ? relationship with those gods.

No they aren't blessed. They are the rich and powerful because when the time was right, they used force and slavery to build their countries, to grow their crops they traded etc... Then when oil struck, America and a few Euro countries went and bought up as many foreign oil fields as they could. Then later went to war for the ones they werent able to buy. There was no ? involved in the US and Europe being high and mighty, only greed, murder, and theft. Japan wasnt bombed because of religion they were bombed because it was a war, nothing to do with Buddhism or Hinduism. And China is far from poor, the day China becomes poor the US is in trouble. And there are large parts of Africa who are Christian, Africa has many different religions based within the continent. Them being poor ties into why America and Europe are so rich though. Figure it out.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    now i dont claim to have read and memorized the bible but i have always heard of sayings in the texts that says something like "obey me or burn in hell" and "dont pray to any other ? " or you wont be blessed,

does any other religion give these sort of threats to have people follow? and why is it...that ? hears your prayers but you really have to turn your life over to him to have the wishes granted and they still come when hes ready.

so because most of the US and europe follows christianity or some form of it... is this the reason the countries are so "blessed" with possesions and the japanese got bombed for praying to budda and hinduism...china is poor becuase of their beliefs and africa because of their beliefs...

help me understand

Christianity has been made to serve a purpose that has nothing to do with what the Bible teaches. The "obey me or go to Hell" bit is pushed by those who think that ? is only interested in moral agendas by man. If that is what it truly teaches, then even the "Christian" is destined for Hell for even they don't obey 100% of the time. I believe that obedience doesn't result in being "saved". Obedience is a sign that you are saved.
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    different countries have different beliefs including Christianity...its just the law of the countries forbid it since its not of their own beliefs...you could ask ? for a simple favor and you are one with him because you show your belief towards him...sure blessings are not right away but they are always on time...when you give your life to ? , its more of a spiritual uplifting rather than a processional purpose...you start to see things clearly and rely more on him rather than man....as far as bombings because of a different belief..its just a sign of the times and the verses of the bible....things will happen to test faith of one another....the US have a share of tragedy too *katrina, 9/11, recession, etc*