Leaked Metal Gear Rising Trailer

Options
imm0rt4l
imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in IllGaming
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-metal-gear/724548

[video]http://www.megavideo.com/?v=CU9Y6BUE[/video]

http://www.mediafire.com/?m76v6y1hq2dbyi7

smh, not sure if my feelings for a series, and gameplay have ever been at odds to this degree.

I know I'll be playing this despite how bad the trailer is. Gotta look at it in the context of being a reimagination of the metal gear universe, a mang-esque/comicbook bastardization if you will, complete with over the top bayonetta gameplay like bayonetta/dmc.

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol @ how long its taking this game to come out, I honestly forgot about this ?

I was never hyped for it in the 1st place
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    developed platinum games. watching the trailer it reminded me of vanquish, which was dope.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol @ how long its taking this game to come out, I honestly forgot about this ?

I was never hyped for it in the 1st place

Yea I've never been hyped for this game, naturally the game is taking longer since it is now being developed by platinum games.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't know how I feel about this game
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    Yea I've never been hyped for this game, naturally the game is taking longer since it is not being developed by platinum games.

platinum games is the developer
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm hyped for this game for the simple fact that Platinum Game is developing it.

Bayonetta was one of the best action game i ever played and dude that did Bayonetta did Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe so what's not to be excited about
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm hyped for this game for the simple fact that Platinum Game is developing it.

Bayonetta was one of the best action game i ever played and dude that did Bayonetta did Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe so what's not to be excited about

But those were original games created by Platinum and none of them were anywhere near the MGS franchise.So they have HUGE shoes to fill and I doubt they can do it.As a MGS, I personally dd not like Vanquish or Beyonetta so I a disappointed in the direcion that this project has taken.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited December 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    platinum games is the developer

That's what I meant to say, koji pro is no longer developing it.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The ? did I watch? Nothing good comes from that ? raiden being the main character
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    itd probably be more on my radar if it was an original concept instead of tainting the metal gear name. and wtf does revengeance even mean? a second revenge because it didnt come out right the 1st time?
  • imm0rt4l
    edited December 2011
    Options
    itd probably be more on my radar if it was an original concept instead of tainting the metal gear name. and wtf does revengeance even mean? a second revenge because it didnt come out right the 1st time?

? localization from Japanese games, ? can't even speak english properly so it's not wonder they stay having the dumbest titles for their games. agreed on this tainting MGS's name though.
  • earth two superman
    edited December 2011
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    ? localization from Japanese games, ? can't even speak english properly so it's not wonder they stay having the dumbest titles for their games.

thats another thing. everything from the concept, to the insane violence, to the ? dialogue. and this 'engrish'. It all feels borderline parody. it doesnt take itself seriously AT ALL, just like bayonetta. doesnt feel at all like a MGS game. maybe some ppl will like that though.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thats another thing. everything from the concept, to the insane violence, to the ? dialogue. and this 'engrish'. It all feels borderline parody. it doesnt take itself seriously AT ALL, just like bayonetta. doesnt feel at all like a MGS game. maybe some ppl will like that though.

Yep, ? is basically parody. This ? is on some fist of the northstar manga type ? , and doesn't lend itself well to what was once great about MGS. MGS started off being a espionage action thriller with some comic book like elements(cybor ninja) mixed into a decent story about nuclear proliferation, war etc. Fast forward today and this game series has become increasingly 'Japanese" with it's increasingly ? dialogue and to what we have now. A Cyborg ninja throwing a 30 ton mechs that moos like a cow for some odd reason 50 feet into the air before he dices it up with his blade. This game looks like it came out of Shonen Jump, when the series roots is like a mix between tom clancy and a comic book. How we got from point A to B, I have no clue.

For the record I enjoyed playing Bayonetta, but I absolutely hated every aspect of the game from an artistic perspective. the cheesy/bad dialogue, the environments, music, the prospect of a witch whose hair she has control over. I wish that this didn't have anything to do with mgs, but whatever. I guess I can only look at this title as a reimagination of the world of mgs, a more embelished look at what the hero can do.... a bastardization basically.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Calling it a parody is the perfect description as it is too over the top and Raiden is way over powered.Everything is extremely exaggerated just like Beyonetta and Vanquish which makes the game silly and corny to me.I am one of the few fans of Raiden and thought the character was good,but this game just makes him look ? .Then you can tell it is all action and no story or substance which MS blended perfectly.Then you have the generic enemies,arcade stye of design and the poorly designed character models.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    From the very first trailer I had a feeling this would be a ? game. This new one just makes the game seem like it's going to be even worse than what I expected.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yall looking too deep, wait for the game to drop first, play it, then determine if its trash or not
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    But MGS is known for over-the-top ? .
    Game looks great and I'm pretty confident that there will be stealth elements. Hell, Kojima had a hand in it after all.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

its like i told you.....? is gonna be a dissapointment
  • imm0rt4l
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MysticBoy wrote: »
    Game looks great and I'm pretty confident that there will be stealth elements. Hell, Kojima had a hand in it after all.

No it isn't.
  • earth two superman
    edited December 2011
    Options

a deep storyline isnt over the top.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited December 2011
    Options
    http://andriasang.com/comzba/mg_rising_details/

Metal Gear Rising may not be cannon or apart of the solid story at all, sorta like acid I guess.

this isn't clear or definitive, they aren't very specific unfortunately.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I kinda.wanted the guy that created ninja guidant to do the game... Him and kojima are close
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    a deep storyline isnt over the top.
    I was talking about the action sequences.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was talking about the action sequences.

The action sequences aren't really quite as over the top as having a man swing a 50 ton mech into the air, then jump 50 feet onto said mech only to slice it all up with his sword.

This fight here is more stylish, and while it is over the top it's not absurd like whats in the mgr trailer.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »