Will This Be A Hit For Bobby Valentino??

Options
tab58064
tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
I like Bobby-V's music for the most part, but he has a tendency of making some lackluster songs also. I found this song on a site & decided to check youtube for it because the quality was not very good where I found it at. Anyway, check it out & let us know how you feel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag_-zg6pyRo

Comments

• Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its a decent song, i dont know about being a hit for him though
  • tab58064
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    its a decent song, i dont know about being a hit for him though
    I know it's slower, but for some reason I get that "fresh feel" from this song that I got the first time that I heard Slow Down by Bobby-V. That single did very well & for some reason I think that this one will too.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Slow Down had that addictive ass beat, which had a lot to do with it's success. This song is cool, but doesn't have "lead single" written on it at all. Good album material though...I can rock w/ it.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I always like to give Bobby V a chance but his songs are a hit or miss.
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I love Bobby V. One of ym fave artists. I've heard every song he's ever came out with. His last album wasn't as great as the others he did with Tim & Bob, he needs to go back to them, but there were still tracks on there I absolutely LOVED. I'll check the song out later, but I can't wait for his next album. If I was single, Bobby would be my fantasy, ideal bf but w.o the playa tendencies & weird curly hairystyle lookin' like a brotha on a perm box. I like the small fro w. the fade better he used to rock.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    I love Bobby V. One of ym fave artists. I've heard every song he's ever came out with. His last album wasn't as great as the others he did with Tim & Bob, he needs to go back to them, but there were still tracks on there I absolutely LOVED. I'll check the song out later, but I can't wait for his next album. If I was single, Bobby would be my fantasy, ideal bf but w.o the playa tendencies & weird curly hairystyle lookin' like a brotha on a perm box. I like the small fro w. the fade better he used to rock.

lol..........
  • tab58064
    edited June 2010
    Options
    His 1st album was kool, but his 2nd album is the one that I like most out of the 3 that he's dropped. His 3rd album was really hit & miss IMO. Special Occasion, his 2nd album, I gave it 4 stars. The production, writing, & vocals (as best he can do) were mostly on point from one song to the next. He definitely needs to work more with Tim & Bob, but they need to switch the drums up some because they're were that sound out a lil bit IMO.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    tab58064 wrote: »
    His 1st album was kool, but his 2nd album is the one that I like most out of the 3 that he's dropped. His 3rd album was really hit & miss IMO. Special Occasion, his 2nd album, I gave it 4 stars. The production, writing, & vocals (as best he can do) were mostly on point from one song to the next. He definitely needs to work more with Tim & Bob, but they need to switch the drums up some because they're were that sound out a lil bit IMO.

Special Occasion was my fave album, too. Def. Then next on my list was his first, his 3rd is the last, could've been much better, kinda mediocre if you ask me even when there were a few songs I really liked. It def was a hit or miss album. I hope he'll come harder in the future.
  • tab58064
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Special Occasion was my fave album, too. Def. Then next on my list was his first, his 3rd is the last, could've been much better, kinda mediocre if you ask me even when there were a few songs I really liked. It def was a hit or miss album. I hope he'll come harder in the future.
    Just listened to clips from Special Occasion just to make sure that I wasn't talking out of my ass about how nice that album is & I must say.....I was not talking out of my ass at all. The album is pretty much a complete play-thru album IMO. There aren't any songs that aren't listenable on the album IMO. Anybody here disagree???
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    tab58064 wrote: »
    Just listened to clips from Special Occasion just to make sure that I wasn't talking out of my ass about how nice that album is & I must say.....I was not talking out of my ass at all. The album is pretty much a complete play-thru album IMO. There aren't any songs that aren't listenable on the album IMO. Anybody here disagree???

Lol maybe there were only a few songs I didn't care for but yeah, there was a hell of a lot. I loved Human btw.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Y’all sleeping on The Rebirth. That ? was a good album also.