Imagine the world without religion...

Options
independentsoundlab
independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The world is drowning in blood over religion for centuries, yet people still have their blinded faith. Yet you actually don't realize how BAD it really is.. Instead of making another thread describing why religion is evil.. The videos here might convince you or make you hold your bible even closer. Either or, facts is out there.. If you a muslim, christian, whatever you are.. why dont you think back how religion started? What would you feel if you were the Native?

Anywho, peep these videos out.. hopefully the thread wont be deleted.. i think people should see this...
these videos are gruesome, by far the worst videos i ever seen in my life, but are true.. this is what religion does to you..
Extremist, Passive, whatever..call it what you want.. This is religion..

Again, ? you bout to see is no joke.. so if you have a weak stomach.. dont even bother.. but again this is religion.. preview the archives for more videos on this matter..

http://robert-lindsay.blogspot.com/2010/05/decapitation-dun-homme-par-un-enfant.html

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^ Damn Ether, you beat me to it, LOL.
  • SL8Rok
    SL8Rok Members Posts: 154
    edited June 2010
    Options
    People have been killing and are being killed for reasons totally unrelated to religion. Pride, power, greed, land, resources etc etc. The atheistic communist parties in Russia, China, Vietnam, France etc have killed MILLIONS of people. So if we think that atheism is some how a better alternative to theism, you would be wrong. Because atheic regimes have done just as much damage in a far shorter amount of time.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    SL8Rok wrote: »
    People have been killing and are being killed for reasons totally unrelated to religion. Pride, power, greed, land, resources etc etc. The atheistic communist parties in Russia, China, Vietnam, France etc have killed MILLIONS of people. So if we think that atheism is some how a better alternative to theism, you would be wrong. Because atheic regimes have done just as much damage in a far shorter amount of time.

they didn't ? because of their denial of the existence of a ? , but because of political motivations or the ones you named. Were many of them atheists, yes? Some also had brown hair.
  • SL8Rok
    SL8Rok Members Posts: 154
    edited June 2010
    Options
    they didn't ? because of their denial of the existence of a ? , but because of political motivations or the ones you named. Were many of them atheists, yes? Some also had brown hair.

1. Oh but they did. You see a lot of the killings in the soviet union and china and vietnam were of Christians.

2. And if you look at what has been done in the name of christianity and then look behind the scenes you see that the reasons I mentioned were at play as well, and religion was simply a tool to get the ? behind it. Just like any other cause like "freedom" (How many Nazis where fighting for their freedom?), "democracy", "peace" (funniest thing that people think war brings peace), etc etc. Maybe the religious institution (which itself is a political group with political ambitions) but Jesus Christ, never at anytime say its ok to go to war, to steal, ? and brutally abuse other people.

3. If Saddam dedicated his gassing of the Iranians to my mom back in the 80s does that mean my mom caused it. NO. Simply because religious hypocrites dedicated their wickedness to Jesus does that mean Jesus approves it. No.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    then it would be a world full of people who dont think for themselves. Its natural to question the origins of your existence. That brings evolution
  • independentsoundlab
    edited June 2010
    Options

if communist killed millions.. religion killed quadrillions.. communism is just like your democracy.. how many ? you seen lynched, slaved, imprisoned, since the beginning of its existance? you telling me democracy is peaceful and never killed a fly is ? .. im not tryna mix politics and religion in this anyway... religion has been here since the beginning of human life.. communism been here since.. 1900s?? how the hell you come up with communist done more damage than religion??

im talking about back to the days when people were in peace b4 being hacked to death.. necks sliced the ? off.. because they failed to pick up on christianity..
    people can have their beliefs, no problem. believe in the stars, believe in a ? , but killing to spread the word just doesnt bang with me.. people are so gullable that they believe anything.. and when they feel they are convinced, their way is the right way no matter WHAT..
  • independentsoundlab
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    then it would be a world full of people who dont think for themselves. Its natural to question the origins of your existence. That brings evolution

thats where you have a pack-leader.. its every where from animals in the wild to your household.. the man in charge.. thats who makes the decisions.. not something imaginary. the way they get together and form a civilization is up for debate.. the mayans did it, aztecs did it.. even the egyptians did it.. i question our existence of course.. but can guarantee you it didnt come from Jesus Christ/? /Allah.. whoever you wanna mention..

Religion made people dumb as ? too.. imagine people studying the stars since the beginning.. we would of been traveling all around the universe by today..
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    1. Oh but they did. You see a lot of the killings in the soviet union and china and vietnam were of Christians.

2. And if you look at what has been done in the name of christianity and then look behind the scenes you see that the reasons I mentioned were at play as well, and religion was simply a tool to get the ? behind it. Just like any other cause like "freedom" (How many Nazis where fighting for their freedom?), "democracy", "peace" (funniest thing that people think war brings peace), etc etc. Maybe the religious institution (which itself is a political group with political ambitions) but Jesus Christ, never at anytime say its ok to go to war, to steal, ? and brutally abuse other people.

3. If Saddam dedicated his gassing of the Iranians to my mom back in the 80s does that mean my mom caused it. NO. Simply because religious hypocrites dedicated their wickedness to Jesus does that mean Jesus approves it. No.

true, some of those other reasons you stated were done by religious groups too, but there have been many killings simply because people didn't follow a certain belief system. Sure the soviet union had some nasty killings. Horrible acts like the Great Purge were still politically motivated. I'm not saying any killing is better or more respectful than the other. They are all bad, but i've never heard of people killing a great number of people in the name of atheism. @ no. 3, i wasn't talking about anything close to that analogy. And your religion may be totally against war, but followers of your religion and others are certainly responsible for many deaths because of their religious beliefs. Either way, I hate that people have died, are dying, and will die for any unnecessary reason, religious, politically, or whatever the motivation may be.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Religion:
    3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness

The world without conscientiousness, I'd rather not imagine it, it appears to be already ? .
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if communist killed millions.. religion killed quadrillions.. communism is just like your democracy.. how many ? you seen lynched, slaved, imprisoned, since the beginning of its existance? you telling me democracy is peaceful and never killed a fly is ? ...
    wait, which are you calling to blame: religion or democracy?
  • independentsoundlab
    edited June 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    wait, which are you calling to blame: religion or democracy?

Religion.
    dude said an atheist world will be communist.. which is total ? ..
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Religion or nor religion.

What if people just obeyed Yeshua (Jesus).......

.......NO MORE WAR !!!

PEACE