2010 Worst Year for Movies

Options
getchamoneyrigh
getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I updating my netflix today, and I go to Rottentomatoes to see what DVDs are coming out in the next 2 months and what the ratings are. There is absolutly no movies I want to watch at all! I do not think this has ever happened. I want to see The Road, and I am waiting on that but everything else seems wack. Anyone got any new indie flicks or anything coming out they recommend?

Comments

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No...and I hate to disappoint you but The Road wasn't all that good to me...I thought The Book of Eli was better than that ? .
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No...and I hate to disappoint you but The Road wasn't all that good to me...I thought The Book of Eli was better than that ? .

Yeah Im going to get that, but it got mixed reviews. The Road was higher rated, but both kind of have the apocolyptic theme which I love.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you like action, the book of eli is more for you than the road.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Un Prophete: Was watching it for the first time last night, easily one of the best films I've seen this year so far. Think of it as Scarface meets The Godfather. If you're illiterate or too lazy for subtitles then don't bother
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I watched The Road the other night......

I thought ? was dope, some powerful ? .

But if you don't appreciate the finer things and u need bright colours and lots of ? happenin, it's not for you.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It has its good moments.. but don't expect a lot of action.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    2010=2005 in movies

Only movies worth giving a damn about is Toy Story 3, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: part 1, Inception, and The Expendables.

The whole summer movie lineup is just ? awful unless your between the ages of 7 to 16.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the movies this year have actually caught me by surprise. Kick Ass and the A team both looked like some ? on the previews but were both great flicks and Iron Man was staright. Action Movies are making a strong comeback especially now with the expendables adding to that group
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Un Prophete: Was watching it for the first time last night, easily one of the best films I've seen this year so far. Think of it as Scarface meets The Godfather. If you're illiterate or too lazy for subtitles then don't bother

A Prophet was a sick movie...I ? w/ it, but I thought it came out last year....
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wizv.2 wrote: »
    A Prophet was a sick movie...I ? w/ it, but I thought it came out last year....

Yeah, it came out in Cannes in 2009, was released properly everywhere else earlier this year. I know the UK only got it in January and the US got it in February
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I liked the Road....it didn't have a lot of action, but it was very interesting....its a more mature version of the book of eli which I caught last night and it was a pretty decent action flick to. The Road has a message, and is more visual...but yea check it out.
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

I'll check that out, Sin nombre was a good film too, see it if you can

T/S is right this is the year of ? movies, i mean Prince of Persia, Clash of the titans which i ? hated!..The A-Team? Karate kid ( who does Kung fu ) Sex and the city 2, ?, Smurfs is coming out soon too.

I liked Shutter Island, Kick Ass and im looking forward to the Inception just because its something different than the standard hollywood ? .
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well i stopped checking for mainstream and hollywood movies a long time ago with a few exceptions. foreingn, indie, and lesser known movies are all i check for. so with that being said, there are a few movies im looking foward to seeing this year. like the black swan which is a movie by darren aronofsky. same person who made requiem for a dream.
    or scott pilgrim vs the world by edgar wright. then u got the coen brothers latest project true grit. which i initially thought was going to be a remake. but they said it would be a more faithful adaption to the novel. o and for foreign films u got asian director war kong wai's the grand master. ummm, alejandro gonzalez is droping one. so is woody allen and david fincher. i mean if u look hard enough and do your research, there are quality alternatives out there to the ? coming out of hollywood now
  • destro1
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Its got so bad im on my B movie thing LOL... though i wont lie i do want to see AVATAR the last airbender, just because i liked the Toon and to see what it is like in the hands of a non action Director, also the Expendables to get the horrid taste of even knowing they made a Sex and the city 2! lol
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    cosign this thread

box - boring and terrible

splice - weird and boring

the prophet - boring

kick ass was cool, havent seen avatar ateam and ts3
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Kick Ass was actually pretty good
  • lolsonbidness
    lolsonbidness Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Inception was garbage
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Inception was garbage

Lemme guess, u didnt get it, right?
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You want to watch some good films?

Look back.
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    destro1 wrote: »
    Its got so bad im on my B movie thing LOL... though i wont lie i do want to see AVATAR the last airbender, just because i liked the Toon and to see what it is like in the hands of a non action Director, also the Expendables to get the horrid taste of even knowing they made a Sex and the city 2! lol
    DO NOT SEE THIS ? CAUSE WHEN THA ? CHINA BECOMES INDIA MEANING EVERYBODY FROM THE FIRE NATION IS INDIAN AND THE FIRE NATION LOOKS LIKE IT'S IN INDIA. ? I WILL TELL YOU NO LIE WHEN I SAY THIS: SMOKING A BLUNT WHILE HIGH OFF OF A E PILL WHILE YOUR ? A CHICK AND WATCHING THIS MOVIE YOU WILL GET YOUR ENTIRE HIGH BLOWN TO HELL AND YOU WILL BE TURNED OFF CAUSE THIS MOVIE IS SO ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. SON THEY PUT THE ENTIRE BOOK OF WATER INTO THIS MOVIE NOW THINK BOUT THAT SHIT. sorry had to vent
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Only movies I saw in theaters all year were Avatar if that was even 2010, The American... which was horrendous, and The A-Team, which was what I expected.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gomorrah was tight as ? . I think that was 2009 though.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My Soul to Take iwould be the worst for me. Didn't really care for Let Me In but it wasn't bad.

The Town was great. Case 39 was good.

Edit: And Easy A was funny. Mean Girls is still better tho.
  • johntoyhurry
    johntoyhurry Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    2010 Worst Year for Movies

The Book of Eli
    Legion
    Easy A
    From Paris With Love
    Iron Man 2
  • destro1
    edited December 2010
    Options
    movingfeet wrote: »
    DO NOT SEE THIS ? CAUSE WHEN THA ? CHINA BECOMES INDIA MEANING EVERYBODY FROM THE FIRE NATION IS INDIAN AND THE FIRE NATION LOOKS LIKE IT'S IN INDIA. ? I WILL TELL YOU NO LIE WHEN I SAY THIS: SMOKING A BLUNT WHILE HIGH OFF OF A E PILL WHILE YOUR ? A CHICK AND WATCHING THIS MOVIE YOU WILL GET YOUR ENTIRE HIGH BLOWN TO HELL AND YOU WILL BE TURNED OFF CAUSE THIS MOVIE IS SO ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. SON THEY PUT THE ENTIRE BOOK OF WATER INTO THIS MOVIE NOW THINK BOUT THAT SHIT. sorry had to vent

i WATCHED IT ONLINE, GOT ABOUT 20 MINS INTO THE FILM AND GAVE UP....TRULY AWFUL ? ..and your right india was in the house for this film...sure there are chinese actors to fill the roles, its a ? stupid film..