Inception (2010)

Options
rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Avatar has had it's time while it lasted... no one talks about that film anymore LOL

But Chris Nolan has come correct with a visual fest - Inception... that trailer alone and the camera work, not to talk of the CGI ? all over Avatar (I nearly had colour blindness watching that ? )...

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "Avatar" grossed 2.7 Billion Dollars Worldwide and "Nobody talks about it anymore", LOL let's not get carried away. Also "Inception" Cinematography looks amazing but "Avatar" changed the game, I don't know if this will do that. But seriously, can't wait for this. I think people are going to sleep on it though cause these types of movies goes over peoples head. I hope it breaks out like "The Matrix" did. I love movies about "Dreaming" or "Dreams".
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't really think there was any spectacular cinematography in Avatar... it was a brightness&color-fest. No doubt the effects are stunning. Difficult to say about Inception right now but it looks promising.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Neslom wrote: »
    I don't really think there was any spectacular cinematography in Avatar... it was a brightness&color-fest. No doubt the effects are stunning. Difficult to say about Inception right now but it looks promising.

If you didn't think Avatar had spectacualar cinematography you don't know what you're watching. That's what the movie was built on moreso than story or plot.
  • DB Cooper
    DB Cooper Members Posts: 746
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i really hope inception is good
  • rip.dilla
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "Avatar" grossed 2.7 Billion Dollars Worldwide and "Nobody talks about it anymore", LOL let's not get carried away. Also "Inception" Cinematography looks amazing but "Avatar" changed the game, I don't know if this will do that. But seriously, can't wait for this. I think people are going to sleep on it though cause these types of movies goes over peoples head. I hope it breaks out like "The Matrix" did. I love movies about "Dreaming" or "Dreams".

Avatar was marketed on a gimmick... I applaud the studio and Cameron for their innovation... but that film IMO still looks cartoonish to me and the plot was rubbish

Look at Inception graphics... ILL and it still ? on Avatar IMO
  • DB Cooper
    edited June 2010
    Options
    avatar was a horrible movie just horrible
  • rip.dilla
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DB Cooper wrote: »

I agree...
  • Neslom
    edited June 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    If you didn't think Avatar had spectacualar cinematography you don't know what you're watching. That's what the movie was built on moreso than story or plot.

You really think the camera angles and lightning was amazing? As I said the graphics were incredible and that's what the movie is built on.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? , i must be the only dude in the world that has not seen Avatar. Need to check it out soon.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DB Cooper wrote: »

cosign I couldnt watch that ? again if somebody paid me too
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL

Avatar was great, not the best movie EVER made. The storyline was BLAH, but still nonetheless a good movie. I feel though it's "cinematography" was absolutely amazing.

Inception looks extremely good though, the concept is neat. I hope that this movie makes it, I've noticed Leo don't play no ? roles, he picks them good movies to ? with.
  • rip.dilla
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bump...

Inception coming soon...

inceptionpicture.jpg
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    LOL

Avatar was great, not the best movie EVER made. The storyline was BLAH, but still nonetheless a good movie. I feel though it's "cinematography" was absolutely amazing.

Inception looks extremely good though, the concept is neat. I hope that this movie makes it, I've noticed Leo don't play no ? roles, he picks them good movies to ? with.

? came a long way since titanic. He my second favorite white actor behind Johnny Depp
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Avatar was great, not the best movie EVER made. The storyline was BLAH, but still nonetheless a good movie.

lol, come on we all KNEW the "storyline" months before it dropped

blah blah noble savage blah blah dances with wolves in space blah blah
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I want some of that avatar ?

what, you mean them 12 ft tall blue ? ?

come on mang, a ? could prolly crawl into a Na'vi cooch like its a sleeping bag
  • rip.dilla
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nolan is that nigg...
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

me too....got any reccomendations?
  • Neslom
    edited June 2010
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    me too....got any reccomendations?

Donnie Darko, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, The Fountain, 12 Monkeys, Big Fish, Videodrome
  • DB Cooper
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Donnie Darko, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, The Fountain, 12 Monkeys, Big Fish, Videodrome

also INK dope indie movie about dreams
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I want some of that avatar ?

Make love under them glowin' white trees? Smoke that kush? Damn...

I'd just live in Pandora with some OG Master Kush, slaying me some of them panther creatures left and right.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

You can add Paprika (which is about as close to Inception as you'll probably get until it finally comes out), The Science of Sleep, Abre Los Ojos (or if you can't read subtitles, Vanilla Sky) and Waking Life
  • Ordem e Progresso
    Ordem e Progresso Members Posts: 142
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A of couple things:

RIPDILLLA your display pic is wicked!!!

- Leo is a terrific actor with a rather innate ability to morph into anything and put it fully out there for people to feel. He is gifted and almost any performance he delivers is awe striking. This has been the case since he was a young boy. Remember Gilbert Grape and Basket Ball Diaries? He isn't your average bear where acting is concerned

- Ellen Page is a great up-and-coming actress who is clearly capable of depths she hasn't had the opportunity to explore yet.

I would watch this film just to see how they work together, but am not thrilled by the trailor to be honest.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A of couple things:

RIPDILLLA your display pic is wicked!!!

- Leo is a terrific actor with a rather innate ability to morph into anything and put it fully out there for people to feel. He is gifted and almost any performance he delivers is awe striking. This has been the case since he was a young boy. Remember Gilbert Grape and Basket Ball Diaries? He isn't your average bear where acting is concerned

- Ellen Page is a great up-and-coming actress who is clearly capable of depths she hasn't had the opportunity to explore yet.

I would watch this film just to see how they work together, but am not thrilled by the trailor to be honest.

I agree with Leo being picky with roles... good for his career and Kate Winslet's too... after the cheesiness of Titanic

Why I'm rooting for his film is that since Chris Nolan has been in the game (I've watched all his films), he's yet to put out a wack film...

I also like the fact that he brings a level of intelligence to his scripts even though they're blockbusters and he seems to have an upper mind over studios he works with (creative control)... as seen with The Dark Knight

The visuals alone in this film have got me hooked compared to Avatar...
  • Neslom
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You can add Paprika (which is about as close to Inception as you'll probably get until it finally comes out), The Science of Sleep, Abre Los Ojos (or if you can't read subtitles, Vanilla Sky) and Waking Life

I read subtitles very well, English is my second language so I'm used to it. I'll be checking The Science of Sleep (Gael Bernal is always in some interesting movies) and Abre los ojos sounds both very interesting.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I read subtitles very well, English is my second language so I'm used to it. I'll be checking The Science of Sleep (Gael Bernal is always in some interesting movies) and Abre los ojos sounds both very interesting.

The subtitles comment wasn't necessarily a dig at you, it was more at people too lazy to read them or just blatantly avoid foreign films and would rather watch watered down Hollywood remakes. Yeah, check out Abre Los Ojos definitely, it's a great film. You'll definitely enjoy it