White ref doesnt like black boy dunking on white boys in high school.

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Top Forward flattens defender with dunk, is immediately ejected

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Top-forward-flattens-defender-with-dunk-is-imme?urn=highschool-wp10417

Not sure how to embed video but the code is below:

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/hfANguTRKwI.html?p=1&quot; width="480" height="300" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#hfANguTRKwI&quot; style="display:none"></embed>

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Video Struggle.....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol dunk was sick but he got ejected for taunting not for dunking on a white guy
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lol dunk was sick but he got ejected for taunting not for dunking on a white guy

*** ~~*~ * Just lyke yon' ? Axel grease protectin' yon white boi , had he dunked on dark brotha he wouldnt have got Lamar treatment so i put u up on scholarship bytchnigg *~~~~~~*~~~
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain can be captain save a cracka somedays.
  • blackrain
    edited December 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    blackrain can be captain save a cracka somedays.

oh my bad...i forgot IC is the land where anytime a white and black person are involved in anything, the white person is evil...you'd get tossed out of a good number of high school games for taunting...hell they took away a game winning TD from a kid in HS in the championship game because he held the ball in the air before he crossed the endzone...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    oh my bad...i forgot IC is the land where anytime a white and black person are involved in anything, the white person is evil...you'd get tossed out of a good number of high school games for taunting...hell they took away a game winning TD from a kid in HS in the championship game because he held the ball in the air before he crossed the endzone...

The football scenario is a bit understandable considering the play wasn't finish, but I want you in your opinion tell me what was 2 technical and an ejection worthy in this vid.
  • blackrain
    edited December 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    The football scenario is a bit understandable considering the play wasn't finish, but I want you in your opinion tell me what was 2 technical and an ejection worthy in this vid.

IMO...nothing I would have had a hard time holding back a laugh if I was the ref instead of tossing the kid out...the ref pretty much rewarded the kid who got dunked on...I think it's stupid how soft the taunting rules have become on ALL levels of sports...but by the definition of the rule as it's written, the player was "wrong" for standing over him and saluting the crowd...i've seen tech's in college and the NBA given out for staring down other players after dunking on them...and the football scenario was actually worse if you've seen the play...he was literally yards from the endzone in the championship game...to me that's way worse to cost a team a title over something as small as holding the ball int he air for 5 yards than to toss a kid in regular season game for taunting...
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *** ~~*~ * Just lyke yon' ? Axel grease protectin' yon white boi , had he dunked on dark brotha he wouldnt have got Lamar treatment so i put u up on scholarship bytchnigg *~~~~~~*~~~

A+ ...........
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Video Struggle.....

***dead***
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im so sick of these white racist refs trying to make the games all about themselves.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Winslow, a sophomore for Houston (Texas) St. John's School, was facing off against San Antonio (Texas) Antonian Prep in the annual St. Thomas Tournament in Houston when Winslow simply decided to take over on an explosive drive to the basket. The small forward -- he's currently 6-foot-5 and 200 pounds, but is likely to grow in the years ahead -- blew past an Antonian perimeter defender with a slick crossover dribble then took off from the edge of the key and dunked on top of Antonian's tallest post defender.

As you can see, that battle was a pure mismatch. There was only ever going to be one winner, and given the force with which he took off with, there was little doubt that was going to be Winslow, who went on to finish the game with 10 points and 12 rebounds.

Of course, there was a reason why Winslow's totals weren't even more impressive than that, and if you watch the video above closely you can see why. After finishing the slam, Winslow stared down his "dunk victim", promptly earning a technical foul from the nearby referee. Then, to cap things off, as he walked back up the court, Winslow offered up a salute to the St. John's fans in attendance, an act of perceived braggadocio that earned him an instant second technical and an ejection from the game.

Thirty seconds, one enormous slam and two technicals. That's a busy half a minute for a top prospect.

Naturally, Winslow is still a young, developing player, and he's likely to get a lot more attention from the top high school programs in the country in the years ahead. As one of the 5-star recruits in the Class of 2014, Winslow is practically guaranteed to attract a bright spotlight for the remainder of his high school career, no matter where it takes him.

For now, he's clearly content focusing on his basketball, even if that leaves few people who can even attempt to defend him, as Antonian learned in painful fashion.
    GTFOH at first I thought threadstarter was reaching, but clearly this was some bias ? . The kids are in high school for ? sake.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just watched the video a few more times, it looked like he was looking at the ref rather than the person he knocked over. There was no staredown.

This was some ol Joe Crawford ? .
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ejected for laughing? Crackas these days....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    duke just found their newest target
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lame... okay if you wanna play by the "Letter of the Law" then give him a tech for the supposed "STARE DOWN"... but the 2nd tech and subsequent ejection for Saluting the crowd was ? . In the end the ref did the White kid no favor because kids gonna be like "damn you got dunked on so hard that the ? got ejected for clowin your white ass!"
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

lol.........
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GTFOH at first I thought threadstarter was reaching, but clearly this was some bias ? . The kids are in high school for ? sake.

This
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    White people are the devil i tell ya
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Getting T'd up for laughing, ? Crawford
  • blackrain
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just watched the video a few more times, it looked like he was looking at the ref rather than the person he knocked over. There was no staredown.

This was some ol Joe Crawford ? .

I remember this ? ...told ya'll...ref's overreact in every level of sports...? even with NBA players who are known targets for techs...even some of Rasheed Wallace's tech's after a while were more about his reputation than anything he actually did on the court
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    that was some ? , crackas just hatin.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    he housed him bad
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LOL basically. That was some top 10 "Have Some" material.