Real Reason Dwight doesnt wna play wit Rose = ADIDAS!!!!

Options
dabullsss
dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
since dwight and rose are both Adidas top 2 clients, they feel that teamed up, they wont be able to maximize both products............i guess it is still about the money

"Adidas simply cannot have its two signature players on the same team in the same market. Derrick is the face of that market, owns that market, and Adidas can’t possibly have maximum bang for its buck with Dwight there. It serves Adidas no purpose. They need them as rivals in competing markets."

this comes from Adrian Wojnarowski who is the GOAT journalist!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_michael_jordan_nba_2011-12_season_122411

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? . .

if dwight was that serious about becoming a bull he'd simply start ? on adidas until they dropped him ....
  • dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i think u have a point, i also think he doesnt wna go there cuz he knows Rose is from Chi-town and OWNs that city, even if dwight avg. 30 and 15 with the bulls, he will never get the love that Rose will as the face of that team
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    He doesn't want to come to chicago cause Chicago isn't his kinda town and he's not willing to commit the type of defense that Coach Thibs demands of Bulls players.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I didnt even niccas was wearing them Dwight Howards matter of fact I didnt kno this nicca had a shoe. Wojnarowski I think is reaching too much.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dabull wrote: »
    i think u have a point, i also think he doesnt wna go there cuz he knows Rose is from Chi-town and OWNs that city, even if dwight avg. 30 and 15 with the bulls, he will never get the love that Rose will as the face of that team
    R niccas really this emotional in the League joe. And I disagree if Howard came to the Bulls he would be more popular than ever was w/ the Magic. I thought it was about winning though thats crazy b/c I think Howard would a better fit in Chicago than New Jersey or Lakers
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Super Reach by Wojnarowski
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dwight doesnt wanna play in Chicago because he's too soft to play in the Chi... they'd ? all over him for having 11 point games..
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol Wojo is a clown. Dwight just doesn't want to be a Bull.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    Dwight doesnt wanna play in Chicago because he's too soft to play in the Chi... they'd ? all over him for having 11 point games..

Agree with the bolded, disagree with the underlined. Chicago is a selfless team.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It is all about market share and regional endorsements. Adidas does not have that many stars on its endorsement list, they need their players to spread out to compete with nike's regional advertising.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Man thats a bunch of ? Jordan and Pippen was on the same team and Nike was making a killing with the J's and Pippen's. Dwight just don't want to play second fiddle. Chicago is the third largest market in the country he would make a killing like D.Rose is making. If you a superstar endorsements going to come regardless
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    time out

is this what sports have come to???

now adidas has a say in the make up of a team??? really??? woooooooooooow
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    time out

is this what sports have come to???

now adidas has a say in the make up of a team??? really??? woooooooooooow

Brah they do the same ? with AAU and College Basketball which is just straight corny.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Brah they do the same ? with AAU and College Basketball which is just straight corny.

but I don't mind it at that level....emphasis on "mind"

but at the professional level, as a fan, I'd have to go on a ? Adidas rampage lol

no way I'm allowing Adidas to ruin a championship for my team and for my city...that's a lifetime memory man
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? reason.....maybe he simply dont wanna go there
  • dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    whether he does or doesnt, Chicago would be dumb not to at least try to trade for him. I think if dwight was there for half a year...he would warm up to the idea of playin wit d rose
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dabull wrote: »
    whether he does or doesnt, Chicago would be dumb not to at least try to trade for him. I think if dwight was there for half a year...he would warm up to the idea of playin wit d rose

They tried, Bulls front office told the Magic that everyone on the roster was available to trade except D Rose.

They also was go add 2 1st rd draft picks which one of them was from the Bobcats so it would have been a good pick considering Charlotte stinks
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    he in orlando and he talkin bout coastal cities with good weather, wtf makes you think he'd go to chi???????
  • dabullsss
    edited December 2011
    Options
    he in orlando and he talkin bout coastal cities with good weather, wtf makes you think he'd go to chi???????

uhhh, cuz he said he'll go to Brooklyn, which has pretty much the same weather as Chicago
This discussion has been closed.