Who has the best chance in the NFC to dethrone the Packers this year?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Basically I'm asking you 49ers or Saints...

Comments

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Saints cause they can score with the Pack if needed .
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Cheifs.................

This is all...

Edit:

Hold Up.......

up

up

Why the ? you put the Niners on here you stupid muthafucka
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A team that can run the ball and eat the clock along with a decent D... SF..

but they gotta play a damn near perfect game.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Cheifs.................

This is all...

Edit:

Hold Up.......

up

up

Why the ? you put the Niners on here you stupid muthafucka

I'm stupid, but how do you spell "Chiefs" you ? .
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    9ers will beat that ? soft team

we play exactly how the chiefs beat them

control the clock power run game best D in the NFL

packers aernt that good..
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    my bears if they would've stayed healthy :(
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lmao I love how a 19 game winning streak team isn't "that" good

oh the irony....whatever....just remember you're trying to do something that has been done twice in the last 365+ days, that has probably happened to your team 4+ times in the last 3 months alone

think about that

ppl in glass houses (you know the rest)........
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Niners don't have the O to make up for the secondary. They will be torched. Alden Smith and the LBs can't hold the fort down THAT long. And Alex Smith is looooooong overdue for a total ? -up game.

The Saints D is bad, but not as bad as the Pack's D. I see the Saints having the ablility to knock off the Pack with 2 lucky series being the difference in a mega shootout. Same for the Pats if it was a Brady/Rodgers Bowl.

If the Pack had a decent running game, I say they're in the Bowl on auto-pilot. But they're WAY to one-dimensional. So they can - and probably will - be beat.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited December 2011
    Options

The Saints D is bad, but not as bad as the Pack's D. I see the Saints having the ablility to knock off the Pack with 2 lucky series being the difference in a mega shootout. Same for the Pats if it was a Brady/Rodgers Bowl.

lol exactly thats the only way it can happen

folks seem to forget that we beat the saints by 1 yrd and 8 pts....we controlled that came from the first whistle, we never trailed.......
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That running the ball and controlling the clock doesn't really work when a team can score at will. People used to try and do that to Peyton Manning and failed. You can't just try to eat up the clock, you have to be able to stop them too.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Niners don't have the O to make up for the secondary. They will be torched. Alden Smith and the LBs can't hold the fort down THAT long.

This is what people fail to realize. You can throw on the 9ers with ease. Who cares how good the 9ers are against the run? The Pack is terrible against the run and they've still only lost 1 game.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Niners don't have the O to make up for the secondary. They will be torched. Alden Smith and the LBs can't hold the fort down THAT long. And Alex Smith is looooooong overdue for a total ? -up game.

If the Pack had a decent running game, I say they're in the Bowl on auto-pilot. But they're WAY to one-dimensional. So they can - and probably will - be beat.

Said that about us last year...then James Starks stepped up and gave us 315 rushing yds in the playoffs by himself. I believe Ryan Grant is going to do similiar and maybe with help from Starks and Saine. And people keep talking bout the 49ers, like someone said before, their going to have to play a perfect game..they have their share of struggles offensively and probably won't get past the Saints. Pay attention to seeding, they are the no.2 and no. 3 seed. Whoever is the 3 and wins has to play the 2. Don't sleep on the Lions or Falcons taking the 49ers out if they play.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That running the ball and controlling the clock doesn't really work when a team can score at will. People used to try and do that to Peyton Manning and failed. You can't just try to eat up the clock, you have to be able to stop them too.

the monday night game against the dolphins just came to mind. peyton only had the football for 14 minutes or something like that and still won the game

but the 49ers and saints are the biggest threat to the packers, and MAYBE the giants.giants played green bay well a couple of weeks ago. the only reason i dont like their chances is because of their defense. Rodgers got in field goal range in two plays with that defense.that defense made rex grossman look like a good QB. pathetic
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lmao, we're about to be the 2nd seed in the NFC, and people still barely give us a chance against the Saints or Packers, because we're not some high-powered offense.
    Apparently the Packers cannot be stopped, and the only way to beat them is to score 35+ points.
    We'll see though, ? reminds me of '07 when ? thought the Patriots were unstoppable.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yall ? forgetting about the lions
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think the giants are taking out everyone until they get to see us in the NFC championship
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Giants aren't even going to make it in the playoffs. ? haven't realized after every good game this year, they've looked bad the next week. I know I know... Cowboys are trash, they suck, romo isnt clutch yada yada yada... watch what happens.

Anyways, to answer the question, only the Saints.

49ers have been overrated this entire season. If every team was healthy, I'd put them at #6 in the NFC.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the correct answer is whoever they play first. they'll be coming off a bye(basically two weeks worth if they sit starters this week).

best chance to catch them at their least focused and still adjusting to the playoff cold at lambeau. after that its a wrap
  • dmv_use2thewait
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    the correct answer is whoever they play first. they'll be coming off a bye(basically two weeks worth if they sit starters this week).

best chance to catch them at their least focused and still adjusting to the playoff cold at lambeau. after that its a wrap

Hold up...What? This is the playoffs, 14-1 and just coming off a Super Bowl win and a week off is gonna make us lose focus. I swear ya'll sound like ESPN analysts. I done heard it all.
  • b*braze
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hold up...What? This is the playoffs, 14-1 and just coming off a Super Bowl win and a week off is gonna make us lose focus. I swear ya'll sound like ESPN analysts. I done heard it all.

i said at "their least focused"... not "they will lose focus". keep up.

the deeper you go, intensity of the playoffs ratchets up that focus. meaning im saying they will only gain from that point on
  • dmv_use2thewait
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i said at "their least focused"... not "they will lose focus". keep up.

the deeper you go, intensity of the playoffs ratchets up that focus. meaning im saying they will only gain from that point on

Keep up lol, like you said some prolific ? . Doesn't matter if you said "least focused". How do you know that isn't their most focused game. Your next game can be your last. So if you have a week off, you come in focused knowing that...? , if we don't win here ain't no repeat.
  • b*braze
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i said keep up because the ? went over your head.

i was givin praise, but this thread premise made you ultra sensitive and made you see hate
  • dmv_use2thewait
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i said keep up because the ? went over your head.

i was givin praise, but this thread premise made you ultra sensitive and made you see hate

Ya'll ? me with that in here. Nobody said you were hating but your statment don't make sense in my opinion. Funny how somebody got an opinion on here and ya'll throw around ? like oh he hating or you sensitive.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Giants I believe can
  • sillyrbbt_03
    sillyrbbt_03 Members Posts: 104
    edited December 2011
    Options
    honestly? a team that can outscore them like the Cardinals did 2 years ago and their D was actually one of the best in the lg back then

Gota be the Saints

team like the 49ers would get blown out the ? water tbh Rodgers would make Carlos Rogers remember he sucks