HOF or FOH Litmus Test

Options
dc's teflondon
dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
i've noticed a few these threads come up; but what is the criteria to get into the hall....let's start with basketball and since there is no NBA hof you have to take into consideration college careers since that is the only way Bill Walton deserves to be in there...everybody can add on:

i would say:

at least 9x all-star
top 10 (top 5 would be better) at your position for at least 10 seasons
championships
awards

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    will i remember your career and the impact you had on the game 20 or 30 years from now
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    will i remember your career and the impact you had on the game 20 or 30 years from now

Basically... in this case, robert horry is a hall of famer... no one forget all the clutch shots he made on 3 championship teams.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    will i remember your career and the impact you had on the game 20 or 30 years from now[/QUOTE]

this is more important than stats
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    Basically... in this case, robert horry is a hall of famer... no one forget all the clutch shots he made on 3 championship teams.

i don't think the voters would put him in....they going to say some ? about him not doing ? in the regular season
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    basically... In this case, robert horry is a hall of famer... No one forget all the clutch shots he made on 3 championship teams.

rofl lmao lol .....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

not quite. don't misambiguminate what it is that i'm postulating. i will remember MOMENTS in horry's career and ways that he impated certain games. thats not the same thing as saying that he had a lasting impact on the game of basketball