So i hear step parents are mad because they have to be.....step parents

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
so a freind of mine is mad because he thinks he should not have to be a step parent. he choose to be with this girl knowin that she had a kid when he moved her in. but now hes mad because he has to help raise the kid and the kid is nothing like he wants him to be.

so he tells the girl that she doesnt know whatr he has to deal with raising someone elses child. havin his finances go to someone elses child. and thinks he can pick and choose when to participate in the childs life and when he can just flat out go into a room and ignore the child.

i called him a selfish ? and we took bet on how many people will agree with me.

and he will be readin this.

Comments

• dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah based on the info, ya homie is confused. Im not saying I would be taking care of somebody else kid, but If you in a relationship with somebody that has a kid, and you think you just null and void from that ? you clearly misguided.

Why cant ya friend get some unpolluted ? to wife up?
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thats the responsibility he took on by moving in a chick who already has a kid. though the childs dad should be in the picture in some aspect.

hommie dont like it..then get rid of the ? and her kid
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    he must not have had his thinking cap on tight....and that ? gotta be some A-1....i cant be mad at him for not wanting to do too much for the kid if he didnt plan on being step-dad, but that was stupid on his part for moving the ? in.....u can smash single mothers all day, but dont move them in unless u ready to deal with that.....

whether he knows it or not he gone have to get rid of that broad if he wanna do it like that.....or else clean them ? sippi cups lol
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited December 2011
    Options
    why get with a woman with a child and then complain about being a step parent. Why move her and her child into his house when they arent married or engaged. I could never be with a woman with a child and I disagreed with how the child was raised by the other parent.

Ur friend is a ? . Plenty of women out there that dont have kids, my woman being one of them
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

I don't want to play step parent either

so i don't date men with kids

got dam yo that sounds crazy logical
  • kataklysm
    kataklysm Confirm Email Posts: 305
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol

I would have been made that decision for him.
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn y'll realize he said the ? would be right ? This ? gone go home and kick the ? out.
  • kataklysm
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    u supposed watch the kid, buy them ? , but have no say in raising them...
    and chicks wonder why dudes talk so much ? about single mothers...

Not all single mothers behave that way...you sound like you're speaking from a personal experience.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If he's not comfortable he should bounce now before he gets any deeper.
  • haute
    edited December 2011
    Options
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    Damn y'll realize he said the ? would be right ? This ? gone go home and kick the ? out.

if he he can't handle what comes with raising someone else's child, then he should

some people can work through it, but some can't

and if you can't they should go their separate ways before ? gets ugly

however moving forward he should just keep it real with himself and stop going after chicks with kids if its that much of an issue
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »

I don't want to play step parent either

so i don't date men with kids

got dam yo that sounds crazy logical

got dayum @ this powerful postage

logic like this could make the IC explode
    kataklysm wrote: »
    Not all single mothers behave that way...you sound like you're speaking from a personal experience.

yeah and unfortunately that's because they are looking for a replacement father for their children

as a stepparent, it's truly a thankless job................that's why the ones who do troop it deserve the applause
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    so a freind of mine is mad because he thinks he should not have to be a step parent. he choose to be with this girl knowin that she had a kid when he moved her in. but now hes mad because he has to help raise the kid and the kid is nothing like he wants him to be.

so he tells the girl that she doesnt know whatr he has to deal with raising someone elses child. havin his finances go to someone elses child. and thinks he can pick and choose when to participate in the childs life and when he can just flat out go into a room and ignore the child.

i called him a selfish ? and we took bet on how many people will agree with me.

and he will be readin this.

I stopped reading at bolded.

Because your friend is clearly an idiot.
  • kataklysm
    edited December 2011
    Options

yeah and unfortunately that's because they are looking for a replacement father for their children

as a stepparent, it's truly a thankless job................that's why the ones who do troop it deserve the applause

I agree, and I have respect for those who can do it. My stepdad being right up there at the top of the list.

Being a mother is pretty much a thankless job, but at least at the end of the day I'm still Mommy.

I feel bad sometimes cause my daughter gives him a hard time. I think it's taking her a minute to get used to sharing my attention with someone else.

I allow him the space to discipline and reprimand though.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just because he's with ole girl does NOT mean he has to have a hand in raising that child.

I do not agree with the assesment that he has to break his own bread, watch, raise a child that is not his... that is the parent's responsibility, not his!

If he choses to do so than he is doing the parents a favor and if he choses not to, he should not be looked down upon. He did not have a hand in making that child, he shouldn't help raise that child unless HE wants too... and if he's raising that child, he should have a say on WHATEVER!

Who cares if she had a child before they met, that's her and her baby father's business, and they should be adults and take care of THEIR responsibilities!
  • kataklysm
    edited December 2011
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    Just because he's with ole girl does NOT mean he has to have a hand in raising that child.

I do not agree with the assesment that he has to break his own bread, watch, raise a child that is not his... that is the parent's responsibility, not his!

If he choses to do so than he is doing the parents a favor and if he choses not to, he should not be looked down upon. He did not have a hand in making that child, he shouldn't help raise that child unless HE wants too... and if he's raising that child, he should have a say on WHATEVER!

Who cares if she had a child before they met, that's her and her baby father's business, and they should be adults and take care of THEIR responsibilities!

Delusional post.

Don't want kids, don't date single parents...the end.
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have a son, but don't date single moms. Is that weird? I guess.

I tried once. But everytime I took her and her son out, I'd be thinking I ought to be doing this with my kid.

So yeah, basically I don't do it because I have a child of my own I'd rather spend time with.
  • blakfyahking
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I agree, and I have respect for those who can do it. My stepdad being right up there at the top of the list.

Being a mother is pretty much a thankless job, but at least at the end of the day I'm still Mommy.

I feel bad sometimes cause my daughter gives him a hard time. I think it's taking her a minute to get used to sharing my attention with someone else.

I hear you, but you still chose to squirt out that lil crotchfruit didn't you? LOL

being a father is a thankless job since we gon keep heaping unnecessary praise up in here :)
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    even the single parents r making the case for avoiding them... hilarious...

Not really making a case for anyone else but myself.

Trust me, I'd rather not have someone around my child that would rather be somewhere else as well.

But, havent really encountered too many women that have an issue with me having a kid. If they do, they can bounce.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Moms get 1000% more thanks than dads. Dont start that bs.
  • kataklysm
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I hear you, but you still chose to squirt out that lil crotchfruit didn't you? LOL

being a father is a thankless job since we gon keep heaping unnecessary praise up in here :)

lol..yeah I did, just like you chose to wife up a woman that made the same choice.

When did you become a stepdaddy though? Was there a secret wedding I don't know about?
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I would not date a single parent, unless she gives me the space to be a real father.
    Not a father of conveniece.

Not a "dont do this/dont say that/be like this with the child type ? .
  • kataklysm
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Moms get 1000% more thanks than dads. Dont start that bs.

Oh for real? And who is thanking me exactly? Maybe I'm not listening.

I'm not even expecting a thank you though..that will come when she gets older. Plus her sweet moments make all of it worth it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My moms ex was like this in a way, he said he wished my sister and I were dead. We always ? everything up, he was a control monster.

Although I learned some things from him that were positive, he was mostly a negative person. We had our times we got along but everything was our faults and we hated him and he hated us. I told him one day that I was gonna ? him in his sleep, he laughed.

But in the end he was ? when I told my mom he was cheating and he laid on the floor crying because she was gonna divorce him. (and she did)

When someone doesn't like the kid or feel responsible, they'll blame that kid for all the problems and talk down on them, I experienced it so this chick has gotta go.
  • blakfyahking
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol..yeah I did, just like you chose to wife up a woman that made the same choice.

When did you become a stepdaddy though? Was there a secret wedding I don't know about?

when did become a stepdaddy?

I'm still a single father shopping for a wife on the IC :(
  • haute
    edited December 2011
    Options

I'm always confused when dudes get aggy about single mothers

as if it's some law that you must ? a ? with a kid

stop thinking with your ? and you'll be alright