How do you cook your steak

Options
coop9889
coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Steak is probably my favorite dinner food. Bout to have a lady friend over tonight and cook some.

However, I was never really taught how to make a real good one. Forced to scour the internet for recipes and ? .

Im interested to hear opinions on the favorite type of steak (ribeye, new york strip etc..) how you like it cooked, and your method of cooking it.

T-bone is my steak of choice. Season it with salt/pepper. For me I usually pan fry it with some butter like 4 mins on each side, then stick it in the oven for a couple of minutes. Take it out, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it sit for a lil bit. Never grilled a steak, need to do that soon.

Medium-rare to medium ftw.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    grilled steak is goat.

What i usually get is flank or New york strip, theres this sauce called Mr. Yoshidas its like a teriyaki sauce, and i marinate it in that over night. Pull it out, season with johnny walker seasoning and some garlic salt. and then i throw it on the grill. Im a Medium Rare to medium guy as well. depends on my mood. With that yoshidas sauce tho you wont need any steak sauce.
  • 2Gee4FourRoomz
    2Gee4FourRoomz Members Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ok so i told her she aint want me to know but i still spoke so what should i do now i gotta call hold up i gotta beep
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bone in ribeye all day. i usually but a little bit of butter in a frying pan and then sear the steak on each side to get a good color then finish it off in the oven. after you take it out the oven let it rest for a few minutes so all the juices get locked it. you cut it too soon and all the juices spill out on the cutting board.

use the seasonings of your choice i ? with the montreal steak seasoning/ and i always cook my steak medium. I used to be a well done dude til one day i got a medium steak and that ? tasted so good that i never went back to well done.

yea steak on the grill is the goat
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well done.

@ the above posters, are the two of you white?
  • 2Gee4FourRoomz
    2Gee4FourRoomz Members Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    oh hold up let me click over i had two yesterday this my third one today when you get out tho
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yea if its a good steak u really jus need salt n pepper to season it...and if anyone gets a steak well done they're uncivilized...

edit: northside cmon bruh...get a medium rare steak it will change ur life
  • coop9889
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah. You go to any high-end steakhouse and ask for a well done steak the chefs will laugh at you and pick out the worst cut of meat.

Medium/Medium rare got all the flavor
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I hate thick cut steak, only thin ? that's been marinated. Especially when it gets a crusted glaze, goat..
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yea if its a good steak u really jus need salt n pepper to season it...and if anyone gets a steak well done they're uncivilized...

edit: northside cmon bruh...get a medium rare steak it will change ur life
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Yeah. You go to any high-end steakhouse and ask for a well done steak the chefs will laugh at you and pick out the worst cut of meat.

Medium/Medium rare got all the flavor

One day I will try it. I guess I was thinking back to burgers when I read medium rare.

Is it still ? when it's medium rare?
  • coop9889
    edited December 2011
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    One day I will try it. I guess I was thinking back to burgers when I read medium rare.

Is it still ? when it's medium rare?

Nope, just somewhat pink inside.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i used to get my steak well-done until i ordered a steak at a restaurant and the chef came out to my table and was like try it medium and if you don't like it i'll cook you another well done...been eating all my steaks medium ever since...i just marinate mine over-night with the a-1 chicago style marinade and throw it on the grill....i got a propane grill so i be out there in the winter grilling still
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    New york strip. Everyone doesn't like this, but I poke holes in mine with a fork and beat it with a tenderizer(not too soft though). Then I soak that ? is salt, pepper, garlic, onions, and olive oil. On the grill, sear the outside to lock in the juices and cook low and slow after for a couple minutes. Until the middle's warm(use a meat thermometer).
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Medium Well Ribeye

All you need is salt and pepper

I have never ever cooked a steak on the stove or in an oven

I grill them about 7-8 minutes per side
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Medium Well Ribeye

All you need is salt and pepper

I have never ever cooked a steak on the stove or in an oven

I grill them about 7-8 minutes per side

REason 520 why white women the GOAT.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    well done , I cant eat raw meat. sirloin or ny strip dale seasoning or salt pepper onions oven bake finish with broiler
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Medium Well....... no blood still juicy and moist tho.
  • laroc
    laroc Members Posts: 1,000
    edited January 2012
    Options
    2 get the true taste of BEEF u need to grill it. BOTTOM LINE END OF STORY!
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I know next to nothing about which steaks I eat because I'm not big on red meat. T-bone, New York, Porter House....idk the difference between any of em. I prefer seafood. But if I do have to eat it, I don't want to bite into any pieces of fat, that's disgusting and makes me gag. Also the sucker has to be damn near charred. No pink whatsoever.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ___Well done___

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSevf90w-FjRuRC_pPBEp0K_IHvhF4B4o1jCR4tsAu_Zp81RdBJ

well-done-steak.jpg

soy-flank-steak.jpg
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Fact. ? that eat a ? steak will eat a ? ? .
  • vicvallin
    vicvallin Members Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i love a broiled ribeye. marinated in worcestershire sauce, black and crushed red pepper, and some adobo. cook on low heat for about 40min to an hour. medium is the way to go.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Prime Rib from Ruth's Chris medium well make you wanna slap yo momma...

At home on the grill though I usually get NY Strip from BJ's (like $22 for 4 cuts).. Make it medium well too. Damn shame when for the next week I compare anything else I eat to that.