Mumo, U ubeko igbala? According to mag, Freeman and the Thunder dont have next

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Today, well, ESPN the Magazine has named Cam Newton "NEXT."

some snippets:
Since 1998, ESPN The Magazine has been recognizing athletes poised for greatness. And if the NEXT concept ever needed a lyrical manifesto, Cam Newton just provided it. NEXT is about change and transcendence, youth and hope, winning and losing. It's about embracing the unstoppable force of the future and forcing the rest of us to reimagine the perceived limits of sports with one well-placed cleat.
Which is why, in 2012, Cam Newton is NEXT. In just five months, he's rewritten the rookie record book and revolutionized the most difficult and demanding job in sports. "Some people are afraid to say what they want, but I'm not," says Newton. "I want to be the symbol of success in this league. I want to win multiple Super Bowls. To get there, you have to have a relentless will to be something far greater than what you are. You gotta have that edge."

"I can't sit up here and look at it like, oh man, my critics are racist," Newton says. "I blame JaMarcus Russell and to some degree Vince Young. If you have the opportunity to make that kind of money doing something you love to do, why would you screw it up? I'm trying to be a trailblazer. If Baylor's Robert Griffin decides to come out, I want people to say 'He can be the next Cam Newton' instead of 'He's gonna be the next JaMarcus Russell.'"
"I had people who can't throw a football telling me my mechanics were wrong," says Newton. "I had people taking shots at my character, classifying me as a thug, as a hoodlum. After Week 3 or 4, all these same people wanted an interview. I said, 'You were giving me all this ? and had so much to say about how I was gonna play, and now you wanna talk? No. Just sit back and watch the show, man.'"

Comments