This Tebow ? is killing me

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
166929_2883836851484_1126987399_33183049_110640021_n.jpg

Photo going around on FaceBook, who said the left was okay but the right wasn't? Nobody has ever stated Tebowing was wrong, I'm guessing the sense of humor is limited in many Christians..

Comments

• Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No. I get their point. People are saying he should tone down "throwing his religion in people's faces," but I don't think he is. It's a big part of who he is, and he embraces it. As an atheist, I think people are giving the kid ? for his beliefs, when we're easily the most ostracized religious(non-religious) group in society. They'd elect a ? president before an atheist one.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hes just trash and i cant wait untill he fades away
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A-rabs are whiny as ? though.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hes just trash and i cant wait untill he fades away

suck a gator ? ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i don't get it....are they saying people think muslim, hindu (or whatever group that is in the pic) prayer is cool but it's not cool for christians?
  • Will Munny
    edited December 2011
    Options
    All Tebow's haters make me want him to succeed that much more. People hate him so passionately and I know how ? they must get to watch him succeed.
  • Will Munny
    edited December 2011
    Options
    who hates Tebow?
    are u referring to the critics who say he can't throw?

I'm referring to everyone who states they hate Tebow... duh...
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i don't get it....are they saying people think muslim, hindu (or whatever group that is in the pic) prayer is cool but it's not cool for christians?

Basically.........
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I've never heard one sports analyzer or critic on tv say that Tebow needs to tone it down w the "Tebow prayer". What I've told people is he was hyped in college, to the draft and until he was picked by the Broncos and how everyone wanted him to start. The whole deal w Tebow is him as a player, not his personal life/religious beliefs. The thing that identifies Tebow greatly on the field is his stance when he prays, just like Aaron Rodgers when he does the "belt" thing. Tebow is the new fad, the new hot thing to talk about and when you're that, you get put into the media spot light and they'll clown on you for whatever reason. It just so happens he does the "Tebowing" they clown on it, as in SNL. They've made it the new "planking". But to say he's not allowed to do that or even "pray" or tone it down is ridiculous, people take things out of context. Any group who sees themselves reflected in someone or thing (here it's Christianity) and it's taken and sorta had fun with, they take offense to it and thinks it's the world turning on them. It's crazy...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    who r these mystery ppl?
    do they only exist in the shadows?
    Tebow haters are like the Illuminati... everybody knows of their existence, but can't identify them...

I'm a tebow realist so I end up coming off as a tebow hater

I just think its ironic, that most of the denver bronco fans who are now followers of tebow are haters and critics of Cam Newton.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if an nfl player said "? doesn't exist" in an interview or if he held up a richard dawkins book after scoring a touchdown, America would explode

christians are whiny ? and they're convinced that they're constantly being "persecuted"

they're more than 70% of the ? population. who the ? is holding them down?

shutup, christians.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i don't think the dude is being hated or persecuted - he's just the butt of many jokes.

i don't think we see a lot of muslim football players doing prayers on the sideline so the whole comparison is absurd. christians lately just want to be able to complain about being persecuted against which is the biggest joke of them all since persecution to them means being treated exactly the same as every other religion.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I've never heard one sports analyzer or critic on tv say that Tebow needs to tone it down w the "Tebow prayer". What I've told people is he was hyped in college, to the draft and until he was picked by the Broncos and how everyone wanted him to start. The whole deal w Tebow is him as a player, not his personal life/religious beliefs. The thing that identifies Tebow greatly on the field is his stance when he prays, just like Aaron Rodgers when he does the "belt" thing. Tebow is the new fad, the new hot thing to talk about and when you're that, you get put into the media spot light and they'll clown on you for whatever reason. It just so happens he does the "Tebowing" they clown on it, as in SNL. They've made it the new "planking". But to say he's not allowed to do that or even "pray" or tone it down is ridiculous, people take things out of context. Any group who sees themselves reflected in someone or thing (here it's Christianity) and it's taken and sorta had fun with, they take offense to it and thinks it's the world turning on them. It's crazy...

It's been said by a few on tv, radio, and in papers that he needs to tone it down...Kurt Warner, the same Kurt Warner who yelled out "THANK YOU JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOR" after he won the Super Bowl said Tebow needs to tone it down...but my whole thing is, why is it a big deal with Tebow? You can't find one sport where athletes don't make some sort of reference to ? in their celebration during or after the game...hell in the NFL players gather at the 50 yrd line to pray after every game and nobody says ? ..Tebow says a prayer on the sideline to himself and it's news...
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't agree with the argument.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if an nfl player said "? doesn't exist" in an interview or if he held up a richard dawkins book after scoring a touchdown, America would explode

christians are whiny ? and they're convinced that they're constantly being "persecuted"

they're more than 70% of the ? population. who the ? is holding them down?

shutup, christians.
    did a christian ? yo ? or something?
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i dont know which logic is more flawed the one in the picture or the logic shown by some posters who seem to think this picture was published by tebow himself or is a representation of the opinion of every christian on this planet...*face palm*
    Will Munny wrote: »
    A-rabs are whiny as ? though.

i can co-sign this impression
    who hates Tebow?
    are u referring to the critics who say he can't throw?

i see a lot of people clowing dude, if that's not at least borderline hating then i dont know...
    kai_valya wrote: »
    the argument makes no sense. unless there are nfl player(s) making salat at the endzone, which wouldn't be happening anyway cuz muslims don't just randomly start praying

who said it had to be randomly? maybe the sun is standing at a certain height right after someone scored a touchdown. jus sayin tho...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm an atheist and I don't Give a ? . I hate Christians who go out of their way to tell people their beliefs as much as I hate Atheists who go out of their way to ridicule other people's beliefs, so if I'm going to say "? Tebow", I'll follow it with a "? Bill Maher"
  • kataklysm
    kataklysm Confirm Email Posts: 305
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    I'm an atheist and I don't Give a ? . I hate Christians who go out of their way to tell people their beliefs as much as I hate Atheists who go out of their way to ridicule other people's beliefs, so if I'm going to say "? Tebow", I'll follow it with a "? Bill Maher"

Well said.....except I'm not an athiest.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    It's been said by a few on tv, radio, and in papers that he needs to tone it down...Kurt Warner, the same Kurt Warner who yelled out "THANK YOU JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOR" after he won the Super Bowl said Tebow needs to tone it down...but my whole thing is, why is it a big deal with Tebow? You can't find one sport where athletes don't make some sort of reference to ? in their celebration during or after the game...hell in the NFL players gather at the 50 yrd line to pray after every game and nobody says ? ..Tebow says a prayer on the sideline to himself and it's news...

to me, this sounds like more of an issue of people showing their dislike for tebow than it is about him being christain or about christianity in general. like you said, christianity in sports isn't some new ? no matter how people try to spin it & make it seem like tebow invented it or wrote the damn bible himself. tebow is a ridiculously famous dude & has a captivating story & you can't go more than two segments on any espn show with him being talked about. everything relative or insignificant he does will be news. sensitive christians need to quit acting like ? & see the ? for what it is.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Tebow plays for my team, but im not a huge fan of dude.
  • Will Munny
    edited December 2011
    Options
    who r these mystery ppl?
    do they only exist in the shadows?
    Tebow haters are like the Illuminati... everybody knows of their existence, but can't identify them...

You must not converse with males about male things like the NFL too often.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The local press throw so many subliminal heaters at this dude it's hilarious. One of the most progressive cities in America gets THE most conservative QBs in the NFL. LOL. Glad to see the home team making a difference though.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »

maher is a comedian, it's his job to make some people laugh and offend other people

tebow is a football player who does nothing but win, make people mad, and believe a super man in the sky watches his games instead of raining manna on Darfur war orphans
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hate has now become the most misused word in the dictionary.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Gotta love the thinly vield racist/religious bias of that photo...

thats some straigh up fox news ?