LOOKING BACK, DO u THINK THAT ROSS FAKED THAT SEIZURE?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Reason
The ? album was bout to drop in like 2-3 weeks before that junk happend and he didnt have a hit on his hands...

Ya album pose to be done if you bout to drop in 2-3 weeks...so that seizure shouldnt have pushed nothing back..

Now that jezzy's latest album sold over 230,000 with very little hype and heat in the streets,

you think that it was just a stall tactic cause a flop was around the corner?

Comments

• Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No

. . . . . . . .. . .
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yall think travis barker faked that plane crash?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The seizure happened Oct 14 and the album was slatted to drop Dec 13...that's not two weeks as you stated.

"You the Boss" is currently #8 on the HipHop/R&B charts ahead of "I Do" at #11 no music videos were made for those singles.

Ultimately the album was delayed because Rick Ross was unable to promote it properly due to his inactivity that lasted from Oct 14th to Nov 18th and Def Jam realized it would be foolish to drop two of it's biggest selling artists within that close time-frame and not be able to put 100% of the machine behind each project.

Def Jam did an incredible job at hyping TM-103, they were even able to get Emenim involved.

The DVD-documentary, Emenim duets, the T.I. Video, 106, Jimmy Kimmel etc. and factor in the "soft" climate of the industry and the holiday season and Jeezy was going to have a huge first-week sales but this will be his first album that won't reach Gold.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    The seizure happened Oct 14 and the album was slatted to drop Dec 13...that's not two weeks as you stated.

"You the Boss" is currently #8 on the HipHop/R&B charts ahead of "I Do" at #11 no music videos were made for those singles.

Ultimately the album was delayed because Rick Ross was unable to promote it properly due to his inactivity that lasted from Oct 14th to Nov 18th and Def Jam realized it would be foolish to drop two of it's biggest selling artists within that close time-frame and not be able to put 100% of the machine behind each project.

Def Jam did an incredible job at hyping TM-103, they were even able to get Emenim involved.

The DVD-documentary, Emenim duets, the T.I. Video, 106, Jimmy Kimmel etc. and factor in the "soft" climate of the industry and the holiday season and Jeezy was going to have a huge first-week sales but this will be his first album that won't reach Gold.

damn i feel for def jam if rick ross is one of its "biggest" artist lol ... talk about smoke n mirrors ... lol ;)
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Simply.........no.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    that ? wish he faked that seizure lol...