I know Rap and R&B has fallen off, but has it gotten this bad?

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Reason
Now when I turn on the Rap and R&B stations, aside from the terrible examples of those genres, I'm bombarded by ? like this?

What is this ? man? I'm all for eclectic musical tastes, but if I want to listen to some techno ? , that's the station I'd tune into. Last week I was at a black bar and it sounded like I was in a white techno club.

Comments

• thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Uhh thats why you should stop listening to radio. Dude who listens to radio anymore?

Underground is where its at, mixtapes. Whoever saying they cant listen to underground or mixtapes all the time is a damn lie. Cause mixtapes like albums and independent artists do release albums
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Believe me, I don't listen by choice. Sometimes I just happen to be exposed and this is pretty much all I hear.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    log off the internet for awhile and youll figure out the shift in music is occuring ... house/techno is becoming that new wave .. while hiphop/rnb isnt going away but its going more indy and niche and falling out of the mainstream ... it will still have a presence becaue of big stars like jayz eminem weezy 50 etc .... but its slowing down as being the dominate genre out there ......... side note plus all the badest ? are @ house/techno parties ... so you know how it goes wherever the ? is @ ________________ will follow lol ;)

plus @ the techno/house parties its wayyyyyy less drama ... hip hop needs to learn from the drug game ... violence = demise ... the more violence you create the further the $$$$$ tries to run away from ya ............
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    R&B is dead its no longer Rhythm & Blues but Neo-Soul is carrying to torch and its too organic to be manipulated and diluted at the moment.

Seems like Rap Music is headed towards euro-tech but there is some resistance to that direction.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    We found love go hard tho. even Killa appoves
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    R&B is dead its no longer Rhythm & Blues but Neo-Soul is carrying to torch and its too organic to be manipulated and diluted at the moment.

Seems like Rap Music is headed towards euro-tech but there is some resistance to that direction.
    Negative. Yes there are alot of hip/r&b/techno songs but R&B is far from what happened to ? music.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    But broham,drake like totally just dropped a classic.