Hollywood expecting us to really get excited over movies about C-level superheroes?

Options
American Loo VII 3D
American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
? wasnt reading Thor in the hood

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    im honestly waiting to see what it looks like and if they can really ppull it off imean iron man was a b level type that people thought wouldnt work but hes now a level
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Anything has got to be worse than clash of the titans 2 and smurfs that they are doing, or the buffy remake
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's cuz they don't ask the real super hero fans what character they would really want to see in a movie, they just do what they feel people should watch which is whack.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah dont know much about Thor...didnt know that much about IronMan either....or DeadPool
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I can't believe they've yet to make a good Superman movie but they made Jonah Hex, everybody knew that was gonna flop any movie where Meagen Fox is featured in 75% of the trailer is gonna flop and FLOP HARD! transformers is an expection and I expect the 3rd movie to be much better w/o her.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I can't believe they've yet to make a good Superman movie but they made Jonah Hex, everybody knew that was gonna flop any movie where Meagen Fox is featured in 75% of the trailer is gonna flop and FLOP HARD! transformers is an expection and I expect the 3rd movie to be much better w/o her.

its hard to make a good superman movie because he's such a lame character.

i like superman but he is too clean cut. ppl like batman because he has edge, money and gets women

no one wants to hang with clark kent
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its hard to make a good superman movie because he's such a lame character.

i like superman but he is too clean cut. ppl like batman because he has edge, money and gets women

no one wants to hang with clark kent

Agree. It's easier to relate to the character when you know he isn't overpowered and there is a slight risk he may fail or die.

Would personally love to see a Freakazoid movie
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Neslom wrote: »
    Agree. It's easier to relate to the character when you know he isn't overpowered and there is a slight risk he may fail or die.

Would personally love to see a Freakazoid movie

Word if Batman could fly and shoot lasers from his eyes an put out fires with his breath.... hed be the GOATEST OF THE GOAT superheroes
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    but for the masses (not the hood), Millions of people know Thor from the Avenger comics, the old cartoon from the 60's, video games, the Ulitmate Avengers movies on TV etc. Character's been around for like 50 years just like Iron Man. I hope they do it well.

Still waiting on Black Panther (b-level)
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

they were in Tha D, among other places.

Besides, they gotta do a Thor flick to set up The Avengers. They're also doing an Ant Man flick... NOBODY was checkin for Ant Man anywhere, at any time.
  • elliott_argon
    elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    they should of kept thor out of the avengers...he doesn't fit in the world they created with iron man and hulk...werd? tony starks, bruce banner and a norse ? ? lame
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    they should of kept thor out of the avengers...he doesn't fit in the world they created with iron man and hulk...werd? tony starks, bruce banner and a norse ? ? lame

Don't forget Ant-Man and Wasp. They were part of the original lineup as well.

Just had to throw a chick in there for good measure.
  • elliott_argon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Don't forget Ant-Man and Wasp. They were part of the original lineup as well.

Just had to throw a chick in there for good measure.

ant-man and wasp can be made acceptable in that universe because of a scientific explanation, a norse ? is just ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol @ thor bein c-level, dude is one of the baddest avengers....and yes I too am awaiting the black panther
  • elliott_argon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol @ thor bein c-level, dude is one of the baddest avengers....and yes I too am awaiting the black panther

i don't think they meant c level as in power, moreso in popularity
  • Copper
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i don't think they meant c level as in power, moreso in popularity
    okay..but if thor c-level joahna hex is like n -level
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Besides, they gotta do a Thor flick to set up The Avengers. They're also doing an Ant Man flick... NOBODY was checkin for Ant Man anywhere, at any time.

This. Just so the Avengers movie can make even more $.
    okay..but if thor c-level joahna hex is like n -level

Lol, that ? got stomped by Toy Story 3.. Megan Fox better go crawling back to Tranformers she ain't as big as she thought she'd be..
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Deadpool is C list but I think he'll blow up like Iron Man did after his movie
  • Copper
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Deadpool is C list but I think he'll blow up like Iron Man did after his movie
    if its done right along with black panther
  • DB Cooper
    DB Cooper Members Posts: 746
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ive never read a comic book so i cant get too excited about this ?
    but batman ironman watchmen and spiderman 1 were dope
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

Maybe YOU weren't, but I know plenty of cats who are huge Thor fans.

Thor is one of the most popular members of the Avengers, as well as one of Marvel's most powerful characters. You simply could not do a proper Avengers movie without him in it.

Even if the character isn't a "marquee" name like Superman, Batman, or Spider-Man, if the movie is good, it will put ? in seats. Look at Iron Man.
  • elliott_argon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thor is dope in the comics, mucho grande powerful mega ill type dope. but, for the ironman world...nah
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thor is dope in the comics, mucho grande powerful mega ill type dope. but, for the ironman world...nah

I have to disagree there.

We all know the Hulk is going to be in there, so why not Thor? Now, I'm sure your point was that because the Hulk is a science based character, whereas Thor is a ? , and a mythological/ mystical figure, but that's the beauty of the whole thing. It goes back to the formation of the Avengers. Initially, the other Avengers didn't believe Thor was actually the ? of Thunder of legend, so you could have some great scenes with Thor and the science-oriented, magic-hating Iron Man. If they do it right (And I'm sure they WILL, since Joss Whedon will be directing the Avengers movie), it could be great.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just FYI--I heard they were adding Hawkeye. I saw something that said dude (the lead) from The Hurt Locker is supposed to be playing him, which I am excited about. Always been one of my fav. Avengers just for being a straight rebel/smart-ass

EDIT....just a rumor, no confirmation as of yet....I can still hope.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

word....I always like Vision too...kinda like an android Martian Manhunter...but i doubt if he's going to be in there..