General McCrystal & His Aides dump on Obama & His Administration

Options
DarcSkies777
DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Social Lounge
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/22/mcchrystal-rolling-stone_n_620795.html#s103747

Needless to say, McCrystal is on his way to the White House as we speak to "speak" aka get cussed out...with Sec. Gates and President Obama. Read further and you will see exactly why. If you all dont know who McCrystal is. He is the General in charge off all Afgan operations smh So he's pretty much a big deal.

HE did an Interview with ROLLIN STONE MAG and basically was talkin ? with his aides.

THERE IS MORE IN THE ACTUAL LINK I just posted the stuff I found interesting....

Here are some Highlights from the HUffPo slideshow:

Gen. McCrystal About Biden:
McChrystal wonders aloud what Biden question he might get today, and how he should respond "I never know what's going to pop out until I'm up there, that's the problem," he says. Then, unable to help themselves, he and his staff imagine the general dismissing the vice president with a good one-liner.

"Are you asking about Vice President Biden?" McChrystal says with a laugh. "Who's that?"

"Biden?" suggests a top adviser. "Did you say: Bite Me??

Gen. McCrystal Staff About HRC:
The Secretary of State is the only member of Obama's staff to get good reviews from McChrystal's people:

"Hillary had Stan's back during the strategic review," says an adviser. "She said 'If Stan wants it, give him what he needs."

About the War:
Even those who support McChrystal and his strategy of counterinsurgency know that whatever the general manages to accomplish in Afghanistan, it's going to look more like Vietnam than Desert Storm.

"It's not going to look like a win, smell like a win or taste like a win," says Maj. General Bill Maryville, who serves as chief of operations for McChrystal. "This is going to end in an argument."

About PARIS:
Scene from McChrystal's hotel room during an official visit to Paris:
"I'd rather have my ass kicked by a roomful of people than go out to this dinner," McChrystal says.

He pauses a beat.

"Unfortunately," he adds, "no one in this room could do it."
With that, he's out the door.

"Who's he going to dinner with?" I ask one of his aides.

"Some French minister," the aide tells me. "It's ? ? ."

Gen. McCrystal about Holbrooke: (this one is the funniest to me)
McChrystal reserves special skepticism for Holbrooke, the official in charge of reintegrating the Taliban. "The Boss says he's like a wounded animal," says a member of the general's team. "Holbrooke keeps hearing rumors that he's going to get fired, so that makes him dangerous. He's a brilliant guy, but he just comes in, pulls on a lever, whatever he can grasp onto. But this is COIN, and you can't just have someone yanking on ? ."

AND...

"Oh not another e-mail from Holbrooke," [McChrystal] groans. "I don't even want to open it." He clicks on the message and reads the salutation out loud, then stuffs the BlackBerry back in his pocket, not bothering to conceal his annoyance.

"Make sure you don't get any of that on your leg," an aide jokes, referring to the e-mail.

THis is funny...but also embarrassing. Total disrespect of the Chain of Command which is a big deal in the Military (not so much for me). And the funny ? is...HE VOTED FOR OBAMA lmao

Comments

• DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Elements.

(1) That the accused was a commissioned officer of the United States armed forces;

(CHECK)

(2) That the accused used certain words against an official or legislature named in the article;

(CHECK)

(3) That by an act of the accused these words came to the knowledge of a person other than the accused; and

(CHECK)

(4) That the words used were contemptuous, either in themselves or by virtue of the circumstances under which they were used. Note: If the words were against a Governor or legislature, add the following element

(annnnnd CHECK)

(5) That the accused was then present in the State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession of the Governor or legislature concerned.

Explanation.

The official or legislature against whom the words are used must be occupying one of the offices or be one of the legislatures named in Article 88 at the time of the offense. Neither “Congress” nor “legislature” includes its members individually. “Governor” does not include “lieutenant governor.” It is immaterial whether the words are used against the official in an official or private capacity. If not personally contemptuous, ad-verse criticism of one of the officials or legislatures named in the article in the course of a political discussion, even though emphatically expressed, may not be charged as a violation of the article.

Similarly, expressions of opinion made in a purely private conversation should not rdinarily be charged. Giving broad circulation to a written publication containing contemptuous words of the kind made punishable by this article, or the utterance of contemptuous words of this kind in the presence of military subordinates, aggravates the offense. The truth or falsity of the statements is immaterial.

lmao.....of course he wont be court Marshalled but.....RA ROH!
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    McCrystal 2012

I can see it coming.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    and now he resigned. maybe it was either that or court marshalling. LOL!
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    and now he resigned. maybe it was either that or court marshalling. LOL!

Yeah I just found out about Article 88.....he fit the description EXACTLY lol
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I personally believe in chain of command. If you wanna criticize anyone as a private citizen that's fine, but if you wanna be part of the team, keep your beef in house. Just my opinion.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    they made him fly back to Washington D.C from Afghanistan for a meeting at the White House......lmfao @ getting called to the Principal's Office

Joe Scarborough was screamin he should be fired. This dude is in trooooooouble....loose lips sink ships, ?
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm sure Barry got gangsta on his ass... you don't do that.
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says he wants to hear directly from Gen. Stanley McChrystal before deciding whether to fire the Afghanistan war commander over a disparaging magazine story that has enraged the White House and threatened to undermine the administration.

Obama said McChrystal and his aides showed "poor judgment."

In his first comments on the matter, Obama said Tuesday that he would meet with McChrystal at the White House on Wednesday and that Defense Secretary Robert Gates will be meeting with the commander as well.

So it looks like either he'll resign or Obama will get his Truman on and let the POTUS nutz hang
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Practically the only expression of confidence in McChrystal on Tuesday came from Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who issued a statement calling the general the "best commander" of the war. Karzai spokesman Waheed Omar said Karzai hoped that Obama doesn't decide to replace him.

LOL yeah he's ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/22/rolling-stone-mcchrystal-_n_621100.html
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lmao @ a Karzai co-sign....

Especially after McCrystal ? on him too...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He should be fired as soon as possible.....
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Byron York -

I just got off the phone with a retired military man, with more than 25 years experience, who has worked with Gen. Stanley McChrystal in the Pentagon. His reaction to McChrystal’s performance in the new Rolling Stone profile? No surprise at all.

“Those of us who knew him would unanimously tell you that this was just a matter of time,” the man says. “He talks this way all the time. I’m surprised it took this long for it to rear its ugly head.”

Spencer Ackerman -

The amazing thing about it is there’s no complaints from McChrystal or his staff about the administration on any substantive ground. After all, McChrystal and his allies won the argument within the White House. All the criticisms — of Eikenberry, of Jones, of Holbrooke, of Biden — are actually just immature and arrogant snipes at how annoying Team America (what, apparently, McChrystal’s crew calls itself) finds them. This is not mission-first, to say the least.

In fact, you have to go deep in the piece to find soldiers and officers offering actual critiques — and what they offer is criticism of McChrystal for being insufficiently brutal. Everyone of them quoted here is a mini-Ralph Peters, upset because McChrystal won’t let them “get our ? gun on,” as one puts it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    In the Old days.. they would feed him to lions... for his insolence and insubordination..

Off with his head
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dudes out of there. he shouldve kept his comments to himself
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I bet Obama lets him stay LOL
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I bet Obama lets him stay LOL

I was watching Olbermann he was basically saying he should make him stay.. basically eat his own ? .. and fix and finish..Another tough decision.. Then rattled off a list of firings in the Bush Administration.. Im sure he is weighing this in his head.. and will be heavily criticized for whatever decision he makes... Not an enviable job at all.. Tough ? term so far.. ? since he started running.... he hasnt had a chance.. to chill at crawford texas.. ...................
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was watching Olbermann he was basically saying he should make him stay.. basically eat his own ? .. and fix and finish..Another tough decision.. Then rattled off a list of firings in the Bush Administration.. Im sure he is weighing this in his head.. and will be heavily criticized for whatever decision he makes... Not an enviable job at all.. Tough ? term so far.. ? since he started running.... he hasnt had a chance.. to chill at crawford texas.. ...................

Yes, I have criticized him a lot also and I will be doing it some more. Hopefully he's getting to the point where he isnt going to bend over backwards anymore and grow a set.

And if he does fire McCrystal then he better have a replacement worthy of the position. Not that McCrystal is exactly doing a great job
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mcrystal gave his resignation. obama has yet to accept it. i think he will though. i think maybe mcrystal knew it was either leave or be treated like ? till you end the war.

i wonder what clinton thinks of this. shes a big mccrystal supporter.
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    McCrystal saying this as a civilian: Great. But to be in Uncle Sam's Military: Can't be tolerated. Just imagine what the military would be like if all could voice there personal opinions!
  • TX_Made713
    edited June 2010
    Options
    obama might keep him in that effect. make that dude feel like ? . he needs to watch his mouth
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He did it on purpose because he wanted out ASAP! That man is tired and knows this war will never be won.
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thing is, this is the 3rd time he's ? on Obama. First he publicly slammed Biden's hunt-al-qaeda-only plan, then he leaked a report meant for the White House to the press.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah, McChrystal's way out of line for this
  • TX_Made713
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "? named McCrystal, Shoot him with a pistol"
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    In a stark assessment of shootings of locals by US troops at checkpoints in Afghanistan, Gen. Stanley McChrystal said in little-noticed comments last month that during his time as commander there, "We've shot an amazing number of people and killed a number and, to my knowledge, none has proven to have been a real threat to the force."

The comments came during a virtual town hall with troops in Afghanistan after one asked McChrystal to comment on the "escalation of force" problem. The general responded that, in the nine months he had been in charge, none of the cases in which "we have engaged in an escalation of force incident and hurt someone has it turned out that the vehicle had a suicide bomb or weapons in it."

In many cases, he added, families were in the vehicles that were fired on.

"We really ask a lot of our young service people out on the checkpoints because there's danger, they're asked to make very rapid decisions in often very unclear situations. However, to my knowledge, in the nine-plus months I've been here, not a single case where we have engaged in an escalation of force incident and hurt someone has it turned out that the vehicle had a suicide bomb or weapons in it and, in many cases, had families in it."

He continued: "That doesn't mean I'm criticizing the people who are executing. I'm just giving you perspective. We've shot an amazing number of people and killed a number and, to my knowledge, none has proven to have been a real threat to the force."

Tadd Sholtis, a spokesman for McChrystal said in an email to TPMmuckraker that "the general was urging his forces to exercise courageous restraint (by suggesting that it is unlikely that erratic behavior at a checkpoint constitutes a threat) while also expressing sympathy for the confusing and threatening situations in which both soldiers and Afghans find themselves."

Sholtis added that McChrystal "works harder at reducing civilian casualties than any wartime commander in a generation."

obama wanted to fire the only general who tried to reduce civilian casualties

way to ? go