The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

he can't just act normal? lol there are ways to act that aren't either extreme
    personally i think what hes doing is ok, he'll just end up like all the other ? type boxers when they retire....broke

but as a boxer hes progressin pretty coo, just needs to step up the competition just a little more

? what? Normal... Why does everyone have to have the same damn personality? I find loud extroverts entertaining, yet society tells us once you achieve money and fame you must be humble. Why? Boring ass ? I swear!

You know what, I'm done throwing the Boxing thread off the actual subject of boxing. No one reply to this or any of my previous statements. If yall want to keep the ? going post something in the social lounge otherwise I'm done.

Anybody got a link to that Abraham beat down?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abraham aint been ? since dirrel took him to school
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    I know its a shot in hell but imaginebif paulie upset broner lol

not gonna happen
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know its a shot in hell but imaginebif paulie upset broner lol

not gonna happen

Not sayin he will but this is boxing stranger things have happened...
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, Abraham lost. Aight, cool, Imma go back to sleep.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got my tickets to Trout - Alvarez in the mail....
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    I hope trout at least drops canelo once
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abraham should have never moved up to 168. he was a beast at 60, the miranda fight is legendary
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    And I don't think he can make 160 anymore ...I read he wants to fight tha dude again
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Shout out to @perspective.

Most of these ? are broke lames who want every young boxer to act 45.

well you know im far from broke and he doesnt need to act 45....but act 23....hes acting like hes 11.
    pralims wrote: »

? we want to root for the dude because real fans see his potential. but when he does dumb ? , hes just another ? headed toward the "woulda, coulda, shoulda afterlife".

we want that next elite champion to root for that will keep the sport alive. Broner is a prospect that does dumb ? .

look deep into what people are saying..its not as surface as we want him to lose just because. its more because maybe he will learn his lesson.

so fukk what you call a boring life, ? we just matured. an lets not use his age as a reason he acts like that. he has followers and his dad an ? around him. they should educate him on proper manhood and public view behavior. i would be embarrassed if my son came out cooning saying ? repeatedly outside of our cultural circle.

his kids is watching this ? ...watching him act like that. he reminds me of those ? the dude in ATL keeps hitting with the stungun.

"We want we want"... Who gives a ? what you want?

? always say they matured as an excuse for their depression when there life is boring as ? . Maybe if yall would be yourselves and not live by everybody elses guidlines on how you are supposed to be you might find life more fulfilling.
    ? age and environment he grew up in are major factors in how he acts so I dont know why yall keep saying him being young is not apart of the reason he doing dumb ? . I'm from Ohio so I know how Cincinnati is. Why the ? yall always trying to put motherfuckas in a box. let that ? do his thang, ? ...

most of these boxers are the first ones that say...i give the people what they want. am I right?
    and you are using depression....really. because a young gifted black man is possibly ruining himself, we depressed because we(black people not ? ) dont want him blowing his chance to reach the stars rather than settle for crumbs.

if the man wants to make it rain...then by all means do it....but make your money to make it rain. be the best at what you do and be professional about it. so if the ? doesnt work out...your plan b will have bridges connected to it...

as far as his environment.....so the fukk what. dont really care where hes from. you need to have a strong mind to rise above your surrounding influences. he is not showing he can rise above it and that makes him easier to pull back down.

real talk. if he was my homie....i'd tell him to get away from us and the hood ? an become something bigger than the hood and boxing.

but thats just me
  • vince_vince
    edited March 2013
    Options
    And I don't think he can make 160 anymore ...I read he wants to fight tha dude again

yeah, dude is washed up...he needs the title to stay relevant but they have no rematch clause. stieglitz people gonna squeeze every last penny out of him...

he should just fight sturm at a catchweight and then they both should hang it up if you ask me
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Any of u in here ever lace up a pair of gloves?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i have....but i have injuries that keep from my full potential....but i have an eye for boxing that most don't unless you have actully been in wars.

i think i would make a better corner man than boxer.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, some years ago. I was doing boxing and Muay Thai from 2005-2009. I do bag work and spar on the regular though, to keep my ? tight.

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    I boxed for a couple yrs..I hit tha bag couple times a week now
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    MSOI wrote: »
    Yeah, some years ago. I was doing boxing and Muay Thai from 2005-2009. I do bag work and spar on the regular though, to keep my ? tight.
    Muay thai..is that the style where they use a lot of elbows and knees?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muay thai..is that the style where they use a lot of elbows and knees?

Yes sir, the art of eight limbs; fists, elbows, knees, and feet.
  • vince_vince
    Options

some years ago...i'm trying to get into it again
  • vince_vince
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited March 2013
    Options
    what notable fighters does lou still have?..i know he had taylor and bernard at one point
  • vince_vince
    edited March 2013
    Options
    sergio martinez is the only one he has who has a name. some other contenders like rodriguez who could make it but thats about it
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

6 yrs n counting...took some time off tried to mk a come back for the golden gloves last year n got derailed by a knee injury. Going back in a couple weeks, Idk if I will compete or just to stay in shape at this point.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
  • vince_vince
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i dont know about trout getting knocked out in the late rounds as the article says...
    he has never been down as a pro but then again he has fought tomato cans for the most. vanes knocked him out as an amateur but that was when he was a teenager. here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtAqYxG9EnU

if canelo will stop trout, it's probably not gonna be a clean knockout more like the ref stoppin the fight or trout retiring on his stool through accumulated punishment, if the fight plays out like that at all as the article suggests.