*OBAMA FIRES MCCRYSTAL* (cheah, shoutout 2 Harry Truman)

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Social Lounge
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has decided to relieve Gen. Stanley McChrystal of his command over all U.S. military forces in Afghanistan, sources tell NBC News.

Obama is scheduled to make an official 1:30 p.m. EDT announcement about the general. Meantime, the Associated Press reported that Obama has chosen Gen. David Petraeus to replace McChrystal as top Afghan commander.

Earlier, McChrystal was seen leaving the West Wing and climbing into a van after his nearly half-hour private showdown with the president.

Summoned to Washington to explain himself, McChrystal arrived from Kabul in the early morning and met first at the Pentagon with Defense Secretary Robert Gates. After his next face-to-face, with Obama, the general was not seen returning to the White House for a scheduled Afghanistan strategy session, as had been expected. It was not known where he went, as he did not appear at his Pentagon office, either.

Even before their showdown, the White House's rebuke of the general suggested it would be hard for him to save his job.

Before facing the president, McChrystal met with Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen at the Pentagon.

On his arrival at the Pentagon, he denied to NBC News that he's offered his resignation. "Come on, you know better than that. No!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37866754/ns/us_news-military/?ns=us_news-military

Now that's what the ? I'm talkin bout. This is the 3rd time dude got outta pocket. Naw, ? . CIVILIAN CONTROL OF THE MILITARY MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAAA

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Chea! Off with his head. currently im listening to Dead Prez. new ? .. so ill put on the tube in a hot second
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Chea! Off with his head. currently im listening to Dead Prez. new ? .. so ill put on the tube in a hot second

that's my ? , "Soul Power" and "Overdose" are ? music
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Obama what an idiot! ? told the truth abt them whackos down in DC and got fired for it. I give McCrystal props though he took on everybody from White House on down.
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Obama what an idiot! ? told the truth abt them whackos down in DC and got fired for it. I give McCrystal props though he took on everybody from White House on down.

Idiot? A president is supposed to tolerate a General REPEATEDLY undercutting him in public? Do you think FDR or JFK would put up with that ? ?
  • playmaker88
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Idiot? A president is supposed to tolerate a General REPEATEDLY undercutting him in public? Do you think FDR or JFK would put up with that ? ?

You must not know his posting history.. he thinks obama is the manchurian candidate and ? ..

africa_black_power_fist_poster-p228.jpgThis ? is fire..Listened to the roots before this.. good day..
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

Nothing he said was substantive though. If he was talking about policy, fine. But he was saying petty personal ? . That was some hoe ass Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls burn book ? .
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nothing he said was substantive though. If he was talking about policy, fine. But he was saying petty personal ? . That was some hoe ass Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls burn book ? .

true........................
  • playmaker88
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Like i said before in another time he would be fed to the lions.. Glad he came down on him.. and made the decision he wanted to make..
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options

Probably not but Generals IMO dont have or need to be politically correct. And abt 6mons ago he clearly said that he doesnt see America makein any progress there. For it to be an illegal war to begin with I dont give a ? .
  • musicology1985
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Probably not but Generals IMO dont have or need to be politically correct. And abt 6mons ago he clearly said that he doesnt see America makein any progress there. For it to be an illegal war to begin with I dont give a ? .

hmmm. interesting point.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But of the inflammatory quotations and asides, I think it is safe to say they’re mostly ill-judged wisecracks. One in particular from a McChrystal aide about Joe Biden is specifically meant to be a joke. McChrystal also laughs about not wanting to open an email from Richard Holbrooke, and exhibits a reluctance to have a posh dinner in France. Some aides need to wash their mouths out. That really is about it.

There is very little in the piece that would back up the “runaway” angle. There is almost no difference in policy mentioned between the army and the White House. McChrystal comes off as one of the few people actually building bridges properly with Afghanistan’s difficult government. And it would hardly be the first time that a general and a president have not got on like a house on fire.

thats pretty much the gist of it..

oh well, hopefully they'll send Patraeus over there
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You must not know his posting history.. he thinks obama is the manchurian candidate and ? ..

I can't keep up with all these crazy posters.

This ? is fire..Listened to the roots before this.. good day..

I fell on the floor when I realized "The G in me" was them rappin over the Mary Mary joint
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hmm, he's showing backbone... now it's a matter of hitting the drawing board over again and seeing if Karzi will play ball
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    oh well, hopefully they'll send Patraeus over there

already confirmed as the replacement

Your opinion got nothing to do with it. As Darc pointed out, the rules CLEARLY state that what he did was out of ? bounds. That's why even the most Obama-hating fascist ? admitted that he needed to go. Oh and McCrystal personally ran a torture camp in Iraq and was planning to demand MOAR TROOPS a year from now, so you really should be happy to watch his career get ruined by ? talk.
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    Options
    priceless quote from a far-right message board:

"Thank ? George W. Bush won the war in Iraq or this thing will seriously be imploding under the lack of leadership that this administration displays."

wow....LMFAO
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Hmm, he's showing backbone... now it's a matter of hitting the drawing board over again and seeing if Karzi will play ball

I don't know why. Karzai political strength is contingent upon our backing. We can threaten to pull out.
  • musicology1985
    edited June 2010
    Options

Your opinion got nothing to do with it. As Darc pointed out, the rules CLEARLY state that what he did was out of ? bounds. That's why even the most Obama-hating fascist ? admitted that he needed to go. Oh and McCrystal personally ran a torture camp in Iraq and was planning to demand MOAR TROOPS a year from now, so you really should be happy to watch his career get ruined by ? talk.

this about sums it up. yup
  • playmaker88
    edited June 2010
    Options

"Thank ? George W. Bush won the war in Iraq or this thing will seriously be imploding under the lack of leadership that this administration displays."

wow....LMFAO

Lol.. .. idk man i give up.. lol
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    McCrystal personally ran a torture camp in Iraq
    lemme get some confirmation on this
  • playmaker88
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Liebermann and Mccain support and applaud the move by Obama. Common sense really but glad to see it from two of his opponents
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

^^^ dont know ? about the military post lol
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options

wow....LMFAO

LOL You still subscribe to left right paradime? Wow
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^^^ dont know ? about the military post lol

I dont give a ? abt the Military. Word to all those Innocent Dead Iraqi's! And alot of you fools praise that ? FOH!
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He deserved to lose his job, you never say personal ? about you Boss, that's the quickest way for anyone to get fired.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What was this dude saying??