Why is Obama challenging the Arizona law when MOST Americans support it......?

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Social Lounge
Seriously? Doesn't Obama understand what a complete blunder and stupid decision this is???

He risks losing bad in 2012 because of illegal immigration, this is a very sensitive subject for the average American, and Obama is NOT on America's side when it comes to this issue.

http://scpr.org/programs/airtalk/2010/05/13/majority-of-americans-support-arizonas-tough-immig/

So is Obama trying on purpose to lose in 2012?? What the hell is wrong with him and his administration? In a time when jobs are so hard to find for so many, why is he on the side of illegals and their supporters??? The government of Arizona made changes to the law that prohibit racial profiling, so what's the problem?

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If it's all about the Latino vote, Obama should know that Hispanics are not known for voting in huge numbers during presidential elections. Not to mention Hispanics are not very reliable Democratic voters, let's not forget how much Hispanics voted for Bush in 2004.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Seriously? Doesn't Obama understand what a complete blunder and stupid decision this is???

He risks losing bad in 2012 because of illegal immigration, this is a very sensitive subject for the average American, and Obama is NOT on America's side when it comes to this issue.

http://scpr.org/programs/airtalk/2010/05/13/majority-of-americans-support-arizonas-tough-immig/

So is Obama trying on purpose to lose in 2012?? What the hell is wrong with him and his administration? In a time when jobs are so hard to find for so many, why is he on the side of illegals and their supporters??? The government of Arizona made changes to the law that prohibit racial profiling, so what's the problem?

I live in AZ, "illegal" in this state is synonymous with "Latino". The wording of the law STILL has no clear way for law enforcement to determine whether to check for citizenship status of a person. It's STILL up to the officer's judgement, and since you DON'T live in this state, you DON'T get that in the eyes of cops out here, especially in Maricopa County (where Phoenix is located) illegal and latino are interchangeable words. No one stops and harasses the Somali population we have out here. No one cares about Indians or SE Asians here on expired H1B visa's. No one cares about white Canadians living out here illegally.

All they care about is sending Mexicans back to Mexico.

The law is still vague and it's still a bad look for the state. Everyone is trying to make it appear that Obama is soft on illegals, same people had nothing to say when GW let the ? fly for his 8 years.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Who is most... i havent gotten the official.. poll.. Sometimes the people dont know ? .. ever thought of that... idk im just saying..
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    most americans supported slavery at one point too.
  • thesoulcontroller
    thesoulcontroller Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

exactly.

slavery, segregation, racism, native american genocide were all supported..

those arizona laws are against the constitution and as said above, just about keeping the mexicans in check.

the media in arizona does a good job of keeping the people scared of being invaded by mexicans. it's really the wild west over there.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

basically..
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Threadstarter is a ? . Yeah Hispanics voted for Bush in 2004. Obama won them decisively in 2008 and now you want him to toss them to the side? ? outta here. And by the way, Hispanics are among the fast growing demographic in the electorate, so I don't know why you think they won't be out to vote in 2012.
  • konceptjones
    edited June 2010
    Options
    exactly.

slavery, segregation, racism, native american genocide were all supported..

those arizona laws are against the constitution and as said above, just about keeping the mexicans in check.

the media in arizona does a good job of keeping the people scared of being invaded by mexicans. it's really the wild west over there.

Nah, it aint' even like that.

Look, I moved here from Detroit... Compared to Tha D, AZ is like watching a turtle ? molasses out his ass. This place is slooooooooooooooooooooooow movin.

As far as the Mexicans go... ? it. It ain't like they're gettin jobs that anyone would "aspire" to in the first place. They busted a McDonalds around the corner from my office. Two weeks later, the illegals they carted away were replaced by white suburban high school kids... I guess they you could say they took jobs away from those kids...

Let's be real here; they're not taking positions from doctors, engineers, lawyers, politicians, nurses, or anything else even remotely skilled. They're getting jobs pickin' vegetables, fast food, landscaping, and anything janitorial... that's about it.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Because he's a Globalist ? .
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if you illegal you should get sent back regardless of color. but on that note i get pulled over because im black and there aint no law about that. so maybe the shouldnt make a law just do it as an unwritten rule
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FMP, polls are ? and biased. No adult I know is ever polled for the ? they show ion TV. Bet you 100 bucks the people who are agreeing with this law are conservative, white, and mostly middle class. I was in Arizona and a lot of people on the border I met didn't care about people coming across. If anything, they hated Border Patrol more that migrants.

I could care less why he's challenging it, even if it's to save his campaign. The bill is racist and xenophobic, and should be challenged, as well as the racist mindset of people who support it, which I still don't think is really the majority of people's opinions in the states. Not from younger people, anyways.
  • konceptjones
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FMP, polls are ? and biased. No adult I know is ever polled for the ? they show ion TV. Bet you 100 bucks the people who are agreeing with this law are conservative, white, and mostly middle class. I was in Arizona and a lot of people on the border I met didn't care about people coming across. If anything, they hated Border Patrol more that migrants.

I could care less why he's challenging it, even if it's to save his campaign. The bill is racist and xenophobic, and should be challenged, as well as the racist mindset of people who support it, which I still don't think is really the majority of people's opinions in the states. Not from younger people, anyways.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Is one of those people.

You will never hate Border Patrol more than when they pull a false-flag on your car when you go through one of their checkpoints. Happened to me a couple of years ago when coming from the reservation in Yuma. They train their dogs to act like there's drugs in a car when they get certain cues from their handlers. This is done so they have justification to search you and your car if the agent is suspicious of you. Happened to me, I ? hate their ? because of it.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Most Americans supported slavery

Most Americans supported the British pre-revolutionary war

Most Americans supported Jim Crow

Most Americans support racial profiling

Most Americans supported violence again the Native Americans

Most Americans supported the Iraq War

Most Americans supported torture

Most Americans supported G.W. Bush............TWICE

Most Americans are ? STUPID.
  • ThugLife101
    ThugLife101 Members Posts: 12
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How can you compare protecting our borders to slavery?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How can you compare protecting our borders to slavery?

lol You're missing the point of why those things were mentioned. The point you missed (which was a clear point BTW) is Americans believe a lot of dumb ? and usually believe it based on ignorance. So making decisions based on what a bunch of idiots think is foolish.

And please dont insult my intelligence by using overly dramatic words like "protect our borders." Like Al Quieda and the Taliban are invading Arizona with IEDs and AK-47s in mass numbers or some ? . PLEASE. I'm all for immigration reform. But lets not act like a bunch of terrorist are trying to get into America via Mexico. You racists/conservatives are so used to getting away with ? policies so long as you base them on "security" *wink wink* that you dont know when to quit.
  • ThugLife101
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol You're missing the point of why those things were mentioned. The point you missed (which was a clear point BTW) is Americans believe a lot of dumb ? and usually believe it based on ignorance. So making decisions based on what a bunch of idiots think is foolish.

And please dont insult my intelligence by using overly dramatic words like "protect our borders." Like Al Quieda and the Taliban are invading Arizona with IEDs and AK-47s in mass numbers or some ? . PLEASE. I'm all for immigration reform. But lets not act like a bunch of terrorist are trying to get into America via Mexico. You racists/conservatives are so used to getting away with ? policies so long as you base them on "security" *wink wink* that you dont know when to quit.

Man, have you paid attention to what's going on in Mexico? Laws like these are meant to protect our country from that mess spilling over our borders. Every country has a right to its own sovereignty and the left is out of touch with most Americans on this issue. Shouldn't the people of Arizona decide what's best for them?
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    because its racist end thread
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Man, have you paid attention to what's going on in Mexico?
    Have you been paying attention to what's been going on in AMERICA?

Who you think they sellin the drugs to? Wouldnt be the competition for the drugs without the DEMAND for the drugs. And criminalizing drugs breeds violence from competing drug Lords. THats all your LAWS have done is bred violence. CONGRATULATIONS.

lol @ every country having a right to Sovereignty. If thats the case give Texas back to Mexican and the midwest back to the Native Tribes. OH YOU DONT BELIEVE IN SOVEREIGNTY NOW RIGHT?
  • ThugLife101
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Have you been paying attention to what's been going on in AMERICA?

Who you think they sellin the drugs to? Wouldnt be the competition for the drugs without the DEMAND for the drugs. And criminalizing drugs breeds violence from competing drug Lords. THats all your LAWS have done is bred violence. CONGRATULATIONS.

lol @ every country having a right to Sovereignty. If thats the case give Texas back to Mexican and the midwest back to the Native Tribes. OH YOU DONT BELIEVE IN SOVEREIGNTY NOW RIGHT?

I didn't realize I was talking to a La Raza spokesman. Mexico signed the Treaty of Guadalupe which makes Texas and everything in the southwest American territory. And all American territory is established by treaties with the Native Americans as well.

Wow. No wonder liberals are in trouble this year. Return Texas to Mexico huh?
  • konceptjones
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I didn't realize I was talking to a La Raza spokesman. Mexico signed the Treaty of Guadalupe which makes Texas and everything in the southwest American territory. And all American territory is established by treaties with the Native Americans as well.

Wow. No wonder liberals are in trouble this year. Return Texas to Mexico huh?

speaking on behalf of the Native Americans that live in the SW, I say you have no ? idea of what you're talking about.

Yeah, we'll slaughter as many tribal people as we can, then come to their chief and tell 'em that unless you sign this treaty, we'll lay waste to the rest of your people. Sign it, and we'll give you a lil spot of land to hold, but don't get any cute ideas 'cause we can always come and get that back.

FOH.

This land was ours to begin with. The land that Spain gave to the US was our land.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I didn't realize I was talking to a La Raza spokesman. Mexico signed the Treaty of Guadalupe which makes Texas and everything in the southwest American territory.
    No, you said "protect the borders" and I reminded you that Mexico protected its borders and whites still STOLE the land and BROKE the treaties with them. So youd ont get to talk about immigration when you are the decendent of immigrants. Lying, cheating, stealing ones at that.

And all American territory is established by treaties with the Native Americans as well.
    *see following post ...

speaking on behalf of the Native Americans that live in the SW, I say you have no ? idea of what you're talking about.

Yeah, we'll slaughter as many tribal people as we can, then come to their chief and tell 'em that unless you sign this treaty, we'll lay waste to the rest of your people. Sign it, and we'll give you a lil spot of land to hold, but don't get any cute ideas 'cause we can always come and get that back.

FOH.

This land was ours to begin with. The land that Spain gave to the US was our land.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Most americans support the law? Nawwwwww you got it all backwards, the large majority outside of rich utopias have shown distaste for the law.
  • ThugLife101
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Most americans support the law? Nawwwwww you got it all backwards, the large majority outside of rich utopias have shown distaste for the law.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/05/12/94050/most-americans-approve-of-arizonas.html

61% of Americans support this law.
  • ThugLife101
    edited June 2010
    Options

FOH.

As if those natives were peaceful and didn't steal land from each other. I think if you liberals would get your heads out of the 19th century, you wouldn't be in such dire straits this year
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options

Polls dont represent the poor or even the majority of americans. It takes a small amount of people and groups them as all of america.