Someone has to be wrong about these religions you know, how do yall reconcile that!

Options
13»

Comments

• Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    there is one ? , period.

and i think that everyone has a choice to believe what they choose, but no matter the prohet it will always lead to one narrow path that leads to ? , guess it safe to stay all these religions have one thing in common, they all preach in praticing being righteous (positive) in anything you do in life.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A question to ask may be...what "rights" does someone has to being correct about what he or she believes? If a belief is true, then it shouldn't be subjected to biases or prejudices that people apply to it. It should be true regardless of what somebody thinks. It's possible to be right for the wrong reasons.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Maybe, not what you believe, but the fact that you believe is the key?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ether they are all right or they are all wrong(in part, not whole), but no one group has a monopoly on truth.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    there is one ? , period.

and i think that everyone has a choice to believe what they choose, but no matter the prohet it will always lead to one narrow path that leads to ? , guess it safe to stay all these religions have one thing in common, they all preach in praticing being righteous (positive) in anything you do in life.

there is no ? , period.

just because i say it that way, does it make it any more valid than your version? the thing is that no one really knows. that is why every one is right even though every one believes in something different. until a dead person can be interviewed, a deity actually makes his presence known (not a person getting a job that they prayed for), aliens come down and show themselves or some crazy technology (turntables made of unobtanium), or etc...then people are just full of ? when they claim that they know their beliefs are the actual truth.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    j-gutta wrote: »
    dro you have a wardrobe full of steve harvey suites don't you?

hahaha notta 1!
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A cursory examination of any religious belief system does not qualify one to definitively speak on its veracity or its falseness. Anything beyond experiential knowledge is hearsay. Wholesale rejection of spiritual principles because of the mistakes of manmade exoteric systems is unwise. All religions are right and wrong. All puzzle pieces. People throw atheistic temper tantrums or get hyper-emotional in blind faith mode when they are too lazy too connect all the dots.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    be a microorganism on a blade of grass in Iowa, and explain the earth to me.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Every religion is wrong. Truth is no one knows 100% what is wrong or right because no one has died and came back to tell us where they went. Near death experiences are the closest thing and it seems they only see what they believe in when they die. Usually Christians see Jesus, Muslims see Muhammad, You would see some ? from Alpha Cintrary, Athiest see nothing.

If one of these gods were correct though, dont you think he would only have himself accountable for not providing a better way to reach people.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Every religion is wrong. Truth is no one knows 100% what is wrong or right because no one has died and came back to tell us where they went. Near death experiences are the closest thing and it seems they only see what they believe in when they die. Usually Christians see Jesus, Muslims see Muhammad, You would see some ? from Alpha Cintrary, Athiest see nothing.

If one of these gods were correct though, dont you think he would only have himself accountable for not providing a better way to reach people.

Correct. ALL religions are wrong, what Jesus taught wasn't a religion. It was just about ? and the whole purpose of Himself and ? . He never taught Christianity or anything.

Correct. No one knows 100%. The closet thing would be the bible, I feel though as if you can follow it's just basic instructions and be faithful and serious in heart then you will make it into heaven.

? cannot fault us for the book that we take into truth, we only do as we're told which is by the bible.

The near death experiences is something you believe in though, I've come to see that. I was watching a documentary on near death experiences and every one was different. There was this one lady who was in a field of flowers, and there was a stair case that led up up up up and up, she said she wanted to sit so she did. She goes on to say dogs just came out of everywhere and she was surrounded by dogs and stuff. It's what your life consists of I believe. But I do believe there's something there in our skies or whatever, it's heaven. All near death experiences have had an encounter with 1. ? 2. Angels or 3. Light, then beauty of the surroundings....

The only thing that is right is ? Himself, and the simple fact that he sent Jesus His Son to die on the cross for our sins. We need to repent, believe, have faith and follow in the light of ? . That is our instructions, everything else in the bible is pretty much a toss up in a way...